Organizations are under pressure to maximize the performance, productivity, and efficiency of their storage investments and resources, even as they rapidly scale their environments. In addition, they need to protect their enterprise against disruptions, outages, and cybersecurity vulnerabilities to ensure continuous availability.
To address these requirements and the demands of an always-on data center, it is essential for organizations to deploy a modernized infrastructure that provides a faster, more intelligent, and more resilient network. With unmatched performance, integrated security, and automated SAN management technologies, Lenovo ThinkSystem DB Series Gen 7 products transform current storage networks into an autonomous SAN and safeguard it against cybersecurity and business-continuity challenges that threaten to disrupt data center operations.
The ThinkSystem DB730S Switch delivers industry-leading port density with 128 Fibre Channel ports in a 2U form factor. Organizations can both increase scalability and optimize space utilization. Built to support maximum flexibility and dense Fibre Channel fabrics, the DB730S Switch offers cost- effective pay-as-you-grow scalability, expanding from 48 ports to 128 ports with Ports on Demand (PoD).
The DB730S base configuration comes with 48 ports enabled. To scale from 48 ports to 128 ports, additional 24-port SFP+ PODs and a 32-port SFP-DD POD can be installed in any order and combination. The 32-port SFP-DD POD includes 16 SFP-DD transceivers where each SFP-DD transceiver provides 2 ports, allowing 32 ports available for device or ISL connectivity. With a 50% latency reduction compared to the previous generation and no oversubscription, the DB730S enables the maximum performance for Flash and NVMe storage for high-transaction workloads.
Protect Mission-Critical Workloads with Gen 7 Integrated Security
- Secure storage traffic through controlled-access and isolation
- Safeguard mission-critical operations by validating the integrity and security of Gen 7 Brocade hardware and software
- Reduce the vulnerabilities from malware and hijacking attacks by hardening FOS and strengthening hardware
- Automate the distribution of SSL Certificates across the fabric
Transform Telemetry Data into Actionable Insights to Optimize Performance and Ensure Reliability
- Collect, transform and visualize billions of data points into actionable intelligence to make faster and more accurate decisions
- Automatically identify and mitigate anomalies across server to storage traffic flows based on comprehensive integrated IO-level telemetry data
- Stream SAN telemetry data from the fabric through SANnav Management Portal software for third-party applications
- Enable Virtual Machine performance visibility and monitoring from server to storage without additional tools
Automate Actions to Optimize Performance and Resolve Issues without Intervention
- Automate repetitive tasks to save time and eliminate human error
- Optimize application performance by automatically grouping traffic based on device speed, protocol and behavior characteristics
- Instantly notify end-devices of congestion for automatic resolution
- Ensure data delivery with automatic failover due to physical or congestion issues
|Fibre Channel ports||
|Port on Demand Options||
|Maximum fabric latency||Latency for locally switched ports is 460 ns (including FEC).|
(Brocade transceivers required)
|Rack-mount rail kits||Fixed rail kit is included standard, Mid-mount rack kit optional|
|Software Included||Enterprise Software: Trunking, Fabric Vision, Extended Fabric and Integrated Routing|
|Power supply||Dual, hot-swappable redundant power supplies with integrated system cooling fans and status LEDs. 80 Plus Gold|
|Warranty||3-year hardware and firmware/FOS (upgrades available)|
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a US$70 billion revenue global technology powerhouse, ranked #159 in the Fortune Global 500, employing 75,000 people around the world, and serving millions of customers every day in 180 markets. Focused on a bold vision to deliver smarter technology for all, Lenovo is expanding into new growth areas of infrastructure, mobile, solutions and services. This transformation is building a more inclusive, trustworthy, and sustainable digital society for everyone, everywhere.
For More Information
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
© 2023 Lenovo. All rights reserved.
Availability: Offers, prices, specifications and availability may change without notice. Lenovo is not responsible for photographic or typographic errors. Warranty: For a copy of applicable warranties, write to: Lenovo Warranty Information, 1009 Think Place, Morrisville, NC, 27560. Lenovo makes no representation or warranty regarding third-party products or services.
Trademarks: Lenovo, the Lenovo logo, ThinkSystem® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo. Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
Document number DS0141, published October 11, 2022. For the latest version, go to lenovopress.lenovo.com/ds0141.