Lenovo 42U 1200 mm Deep Rack offerings are industry-standard 19-inch server cabinets that are designed for high availability server environments. They are optimized to help maximize floor space, expedite installation, simplify cable management, and increase accessibility for improved serviceability. With a depth of 1200 mm (approximately 47 inches), these racks offer expansive rear channels with tool-less button mounts for virtually effortless installation of up to six 0U vertical rack strip power distribution units (PDU) or can easily accommodate vertical cable organizers or mounting other equipment.
Changes in the July 29, 2022 update:
- The cabinet supports 8x 0U PDUs
Lenovo 42U 1200 mm Deep Static and Dynamic Rack offerings are industry-standard 19-inch server cabinets that are designed for high availability server environments. They are optimized to help maximize floor space, expedite installation, simplify cable management, and increase accessibility for improved serviceability. With a depth of 1200 mm (approximately 47 inches), these racks offer expansive rear channels with tool-less button mounts for virtually effortless installation of up to 8x 0U vertical rack strip power distribution units (PDU) or can easily accommodate vertical cable organizers or mounting other equipment.
Figure 1 shows the 42U 1200mm Deep Static Rack, 93614PX.
Figure 1. The front view (left) and rear view (right) of the Lenovo 42U 1200mm Deep Static Rack, 93614PX
Did you know?
Dynamic Racks enable you to receive your Lenovo solutions fully installed and integrated in the rack and ready to instantly deploy into your data center. Dynamic Racks are designed to affordably, safely, and securely handle shipping fully loaded configurations up to 950 kg (2,100 lbs), which can help to increase your efficiency by reducing the time and cost that is associated with typical server deployments. However, if you do not need to ship the rack fully loaded, Lenovo offers cost-effective Static offerings that are ideal when doing on-site integration.
Part number information
The following table lists the available 47U and 42U 1200mm Deep Racks.
|Description||Part number||Feature code|
|42U 1200mm Deep Static Rack||93614PX||9361RC4 fc 7651|
|42U 1200mm Deep Dynamic Rack||93604PX||9360RC4 fc 7649|
The part numbers contain the following items:
- One rack
- Rear and front doors
- Side panels
- Shipping pallet and ramp
- Removable outriggers (Dynamic Rack only)
- Keys for the rack doors and side panels
- One front stabilizer bracket
- Two bolt down brackets /side stabilizers
- Hardware kit containing miscellaneous rack components
- Documentation package
Features and Specifications
The features of the 42U 1200mm Deep Racks include:
- 42U 600 mm x 1200 mm designs
- Cost-effective 42U static (non-ship loadable) and dynamic (fully ship loadable) models
- Designed for high availability Lenovo server environments
- 600 mm standard single floor tile width to complement current raised floor data center designs
- 1200 mm depth for improved cable management and air circulation
- Compliance with the EIA-310-D industry standard for 19-inch, type A rack cabinets
- Rear cable management channels
- Features expansive rear channels with tool-less button mounts for virtually effortless installation of up to 8x 0U vertical rack strip power distribution units (PDU), or can easily accommodate vertical cable organizers or mounting other equipment.
- Zero U mounting design conserves valuable EIA space for IT equipment, simplifies cable management, reduces installation time and increases accessibility.
- Side pockets
- Six sidewall compartments to support installation of 1U PDUs and switches without unnecessarily taking up valuable rack space
- Overhead cable access
- Front cable access portals and a large rear adjustable opening provide improved overhead cable management
- Standard stabilizers
- Standard front and side stabilizers for static rack stability when equipment is routinely installed, removed, or accessed
- Adjustable leveling pads
- Four easily adjustable leveling pads ensure stability and prevent rolling on casters
- U markings
- Clear U markings on mounting rails to aide in space planning and installation
- 42U cabinets are less than 2 m tall on casters
- Fixed front and rear swivel heavy duty casters that can easily accommodate the maximum load capacity, while still being less than 2 meters in height to allow the 42U rack models to fit under most doorways
- Perforated doors
- Perforated front and rear doors for maximum airflow
- Split rear doors
- Split rear door design for improved access and serviceability
- Secure doors and panels
- Lockable doors and side panels provide a more secure environment for equipment and data
- Quick release hinges
- Quick release hinge design allows the front door to easily be mounted on either side of the cabinet, which provides for flexible placement alternatives by allowing the door to open in either direction
- 42U Dynamic ship load offerings
- Affordable 42U dynamic rack models that support shipping ready for instant deployment fully integrated solutions up to 2,100 lbs
- Robust frame, mounting rails, and shock re-usable packaging to help protect the heaviest loads in transit
- Integrated outriggers for dynamic tilt stability and safety at maximum loads
The 42U Dynamic Rack is delivered on a reusable shock-resistant pallet ready for transport. Figure 2 shows the features of the Dynamic Rack including the outriggers that aid the stability of the rack during movement, especially when the rack is fully loaded.
Figure 2. The 42U Dynamic Rack
Figure 3 shows the split rear doors plus the three of the six side-wall compartments (pockets) for 1U PDUs and switches.
Figure 3. Rear view of the 42U 1200mm Deep Static Rack, 93614PX
The following table compares the power specifications of the racks.
|Description||42U 1200mm Deep Static Rack||42U 1200mm Deep Dynamic Rack|
|Height in rack units||42U||42U|
|Can be shipped with servers installed||No||Yes|
|Removable lockable side panels||Yes||Yes|
|0U PDU tool-less mounting points||8||8|
|1U side-wall compartments (pockets)||6||6|
|External height||78.7 in / 2000 mm||78.7 in / 2000 mm|
|External depth||47.2 in / 1200 mm||47.2 in / 1200 mm|
|External width||23.8 in / 605 mm||23.8 in / 605 mm|
|Internal depth||46.8 in / 1189 mm||46.8 / 1189 mm|
|Rack weight (empty)||310 lb / 141 kg||367 lb / 166 kg*|
|Static load capacity||2100 lb / 953 kg||2100 lb / 953 kg|
|Dynamic load capacity||Not supported||2100 lb / 953 kg|
* Rack weight includes outriggers
The 1200mm Deep Racks support tool-less rear-channel mounting for up to 8x 0U PDUs that have a button-mount design. Figure 4 shows the location of 0U 12 C19/12 C13 50A 3 Phase PDU in the rack.
Figure 4. Installation of an 0U 12 C19/12 C13 50A 3 Phase PDU into a 1200mm Deep Rack
Figure 5 shows how the 0U PDUs are attached using the button-mount design.
Figure 5. Installing the 0U Basic PDU in a Deep Dynamic or Deep Static rack
The Lenovo 42U 1200mm Deep Racks are offered with a three-year limited warranty.
For more information, refer to the following documents:
- Lenovo Press Rack Cabinet Reference:
- Lenovo PDU Quick Reference Guide – International
- Lenovo PDU Quick Reference Guide - North America
- Lenovo Press publications on PDUs
- Installation Guide, 42U 1200 mm Deep Static and Expansion Racks
- Installation Guide, 42U 1200 mm Deep Dynamic Rack and 42U 1200 mm Deep Dynamic Expansion Rack
- System x Configuration and Options Guide
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
Lenovo and the Lenovo logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both. A current list of Lenovo trademarks is available on the Web at https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/legal/copytrade/.
The following terms are trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both:
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
Full Change History
Changes in the July 29, 2022 update:
- The cabinet supports 8x 0U PDUs
Changes in the June 27, 2017 update:
- Added a link to the Rack Cabinet Reference
First published: 7 October 2010