The System x3750 M4 is a 4-socket server featuring a streamlined design, optimized for price and performance, with best-in-class flexibility and expandability. Models of the x3750 M4, machine type 8752, are powered with Intel Xeon E5-4600 v2 processors, up to 12 cores each, for an entry-level 4-socket solution.
This product guide provides essential pre-sales information to understand the x3750 M4 server, its key features and specifications, components and options, and configuration guidelines. This guide is intended for technical specialists, sales specialists, sales engineers, IT architects, and other IT professionals who want to learn more about the x3750 M4 and consider its use in IT solutions.
Withdrawn from marketing: The models covered in this product guide are now withdrawn from marketing. The replacement system is the Lenovo System x3750 M4 (8753) which is described in https://lenovopress.com/tips1252.
Note: There are three Product Guides for the x3750 M4, as follows:
The System x3750 M4 is a 4-socket server featuring a streamlined design, optimized for price and performance, with best-in-class flexibility and expandability. Models of the x3750 M4, machine type 8752, are powered with Intel Xeon E5-4600 v2 processors, up to 12 cores each, for an entry-level 4-socket solution. The x3750 M4 provides maximum storage density, with flexible PCI and 10 Gb Ethernet networking options in a 2U form factor.
Suggested uses: High performance computing (HPC), workloads with floating-point computations, and small to medium databases requiring fast I/O; applications that require 4-socket performance without needing the scalability that the X6 systems provide.
Figure 1. The System x3750 M4
Did you know?
With a dense 2U design, the System x3750 M4 provides advanced features and capabilities. These include support for up to four sockets and 48 DIMMs, mix and match internal storage, up to 16 HDDs or 32 eXFlash solid-state drives (SSDs), six hot-swap, dual-rotor fans and two power supplies.
A Mezzanine LOM socket provides a choice of 1 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) or 10 GbE networking options. Predictive Failure Analysis and light path diagnostics proactively monitor the system’s sub-components and provide advanced warning on power supplies, fans, drives, processors and memory.
The System x3750 M4 blends outstanding flexibility and expandability. The x3750 M4 2+2 socket design enables pay-as-you-grow processing with the new Intel Xeon E5-4600 v2 series processors and memory scalability to help lower cost and manage growth. The 5+3 PCIe socket design allows you to pay for PCIe capabilities as needed.
With the capability to support up to 48 DIMMs, four sockets, mix and match internal storage with up to 16 HDDs or 32 eXFlash SSD drives, 6 hot-swap dual rotor fans, two power supplies, and a dedicated slot for Gigabit or 10 GbE networking with options, the x3750 M4 provides unmatched features and capabilities in a dense 2U design.
Scalability and performance
The x3750 M4 offers numerous features to boost performance, improve scalability, and reduce costs:
- The Intel Xeon processor E5-4600 v2 family improves productivity by offering superior system performance. It provides increased productivity by offering processors up to 12 cores each and processors with core speeds up to 3.3 GHz, L3 cache up to 30 MB, and two QuickPath Interconnect (QPI) interconnect links operating at up to 8 GTps.
- The x3750 M4 2+2 processor socket design enables pay-as-you-grow processing with the Intel Xeon E5-4600 v2 series processors and memory scalability to help lower cost and manage growth.
- Up to four processors, 48 cores, and 96 threads maximize the concurrent execution of multithreaded applications.
- Intelligent and adaptive system performance with Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 allows processor cores to run at maximum speeds during peak workloads by temporarily going beyond processor TDP.
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology boosts performance for multithreaded applications by enabling simultaneous multithreading within each processor core, up to two threads per core.
- Intel Virtualization Technology integrates hardware-level virtualization hooks that allow operating system vendors to better use the hardware for virtualization workloads.
- 48 Load Reduced DIMMs (LRDIMMs) of 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC memory provide speed, high availability, and a memory capacity of up to 1.5 TB.
- The use of eXFlash solid-state drives (SSDs) instead of, or along with, traditional spinning drives (HDDs), can improve I/O performance. An SSD can support up to 100 times more I/O operations per second (IOPS) than a typical HDD.
- Up to 16 HDDs or 32 eXFlash SSDs, together with an optical drive at the same time, provide a flexible and scalable all-in-one platform to meet your increasing demands.
- The server offers a SAS switch backplane option to allow up to 16x 2.5-inch drives to attach to a single controller.
- The 5+3 PCI Express socket design of the server allows you to pay for PCIe capabilities as needed.
- The server has a dedicated flexible mezzanine LOM slot offering a variety of 10 GbE or Gigabit Ethernet adapters that do not occupy one of the 8 standard PCIe slots .
- The server offers PCI Express 3.0 I/O expansion capabilities that improve the theoretical maximum bandwidth by almost 100% (8 GTps per link using 128b/130b encoding) compared to the previous generation of PCI Express 2.0 (5 GTps per link using 8b/10b encoding).
- With Intel Integrated I/O Technology, the PCI Express 3.0 controller is integrated into the Intel Xeon processor E5 family. This integration reduces I/O latency and increases overall system performance.
Availability and serviceability
The x3750 M4 provides many features to simplify serviceability and increase system uptime:
- The server offers Chipkill, memory mirroring, and memory rank sparing for redundancy in the event of a memory failure.
- The server provides restart recovery for any failed processor. If a failure of processor 1 occurs, the server connects the Southbridge to processor 2 for reboot.
- Tool-less cover removal provides easy access to upgrades and serviceable parts, such as the processor, memory, and adapter cards.
- The server offers hot-swap drives, supporting RAID redundancy for data protection and greater system uptime.
- The server has up to two redundant hot-swap power supplies and six hot-swap dual-rotor N+N redundant fans to provide availability for business-critical applications.
- The power source independent light path diagnostics panel and individual light path LEDs lead the technician to failed (or failing) components, which simplifies servicing, speeds up problem resolution, and helps improve system availability.
- The x3750 M4 provides error checking, Predictive Failure Analysis (PFA), or both on the following components. Alerts are generated in advance of a possible failure, therefore increasing uptime.
- Memory ECC correction (Chipkill technology)
- Microprocessor built-in self test (BIST) and internal error checking
- PCIe Bus parity checking
- SAS Bus Parity
- HDD and SSD drive CRC checking
- Diskette CRC checking
- USB CRC checking
- Over temperature detection
- Over/under voltage detection
- Power supply error checking
- Fan failure detection
- Serial interface parity, overrun, and frame checking
- Solid-state drives (SSDs) offer more reliability than traditional mechanical HDDs for greater uptime.
- The built-in Integrated Management Module Version II (IMM2) continuously monitors system parameters, triggers alerts, and performs recovery actions in case of failures to minimize downtime.
- Built-in diagnostics, using Dynamic Systems Analysis (DSA) Preboot, speed up troubleshooting tasks to reduce service time.
- Three-year customer-replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty, 9 x 5 next business day. Optional service upgrades are available.
Manageability and security
Powerful systems management features simplify local and remote management of the x3750 M4:
- The server includes an Integrated Management Module II (IMM2) to monitor server availability and perform remote management. Remote presence support is standard.
- The integrated industry-standard Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) enables improved setup, configuration, and updates, and simplifies error handling.
- Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 support enables advanced cryptographic functionality, such as digital signatures and remote attestation.
- Industry-standard Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) NI support for faster, stronger encryption.
- IBM Systems Director is included for proactive systems management. It offers comprehensive systems management tools that increases uptime, reduces costs, and improves productivity through advanced server management capabilities.
- Intel Execute Disable Bit functionality can prevent certain classes of malicious buffer overflow attacks when combined with a supported operating system.
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology provides enhanced security through hardware-based resistance to malicious software attacks, allowing an application to run in its own isolated space, protected from all other software running on a system.
The x3750 M4 offers the following energy-efficiency features to save energy, reduce operational costs, and increase energy availability:
- Energy-efficient planar components help lower operational costs.
- Highly efficient 750 W DC, 900 W AC, and 1400 W AC power supplies. 80 PLUS Platinum certification at high-voltage AC.
- The Intel Xeon processor E5-4600 v2 product family offers better performance over the previous generation E5-4600, although it fits into the same TDP limits.
- Intel Intelligent Power Capability powers individual processor elements on and off as needed to reduce power draw.
- Low-voltage Intel Xeon processors draw less energy to satisfy the demands of power and thermally constrained data centers and telecommunication environments.
- Low-voltage 1.35 V DDR3 memory RDIMMs consume 19% less energy compared to 1.5 V DDR3 RDIMMs.
- Solid-state drives (SSDs) consume as much as 80% less power than traditional spinning 2.5-inch HDDs.
- The server uses hexagonal ventilation holes, which are a part of Calibrated Vectored Cooling™ technology. Hexagonal holes can be grouped more densely than round holes, providing more efficient airflow through the system.
- IBM Systems Director Active Energy Manager™ provides advanced data center power notification and management to help achieve lower heat output and reduced cooling needs.
Locations of key components and connectors
Figure 2 shows the front of the server.
Figure 2. Front view of the System x3750 M4
Figure 3 shows the rear of the server.
Figure 3. Rear view of the System x3750 M4 (machine type 8752)
Figure 4 shows the locations of key components inside the server.
Figure 4. Inside view of the System x3750 M4 (machine type 8752)
Table 1 lists the standard specifications.
|Form factor||2U rack|
|Processor||Up to four Intel Xeon E5-4600 v2 processors, each with 12 cores (2.4 GHz), ten cores (up to 2.4 GHz), eight cores (up to 3.3 GHz), six cores (2.6 GHz), or four cores (2.2 GHz). Up to 1866 MHz memory speed. Up to 30 MB L3 cache per processor. Two processor sockets on the system board and two processors on the processor and memory expansion tray (standard on most models). Two QPI links up to 8.0 GTps each.|
|Chipset||Intel C600 series.|
|Memory||Up to 48 DIMM sockets (12 DIMMs per processor). RDIMMs and LRDIMMs (Load Reduced DIMMs) are supported, but memory types cannot be intermixed. The memory speed is up to 1866 MHz. There are 24 DIMM sockets on the system board. There are an additional 24 DIMM sockets on the processor and memory expansion tray (standard on most models).|
|Memory maximums||With RDIMMs: Up to 768 GB with 48x 16 GB RDIMMs and four processors.
With LRDIMMs: Up to 1.5 TB with 48x 32 GB LRDIMMs and four processors.
|Memory protection||ECC, Chipkill (for x4-based memory DIMMs), memory mirroring, and memory sparing.|
|Disk drive bays||Up to 16 2.5-inch hot-swap SAS/SATA bays or up to 32 1.8-inch hot-swap solid-state drive (SSD) eXFlash bays. Drive bays can be in any combination of four 2.5-inch drives or eight 1.8-inch eXFlash SSD drives.|
|Maximum internal storage||Up to 28.8 TB with 1.8 TB 2.5" SAS HDDs, Up to 25.6 TB with 1.6 TB 2.5” SSDs, up to 16 TB with 1 TB 2.5" NL SAS/SATA HDDs. Intermix of SAS/SATA supported.|
|RAID support||RAID 0, 1, 10 with integrated ServeRAID M5210e with LSI SAS3108 RAID on Chip (ROC) controller. Optional upgrades to RAID 5 and 50 are available (1GB cache no battery, or 1 or 2 GB flash-backed cache). Optional upgrades to RAID 6 and 60 when cache is also installed.|
|Optical drive bays||There is one bay for an optional Multiburner drive.|
|Tape drive bays||None internal. Use a supported external tape drive.|
|Network interfaces||Dedicated mezzanine LOM adapter slot for a choice of 2-port 10 GbE (RJ45 or SFP+) or 4-port 1 GbE controller. One port can optionally be shared with the IMM2 management processor. Standard models include Intel I350-T4 ML2 Quad Port GbE Adapter (I350 based) except model C2x which includes Broadcom NetXtreme II ML2 Dual Port 10GbaseT (BCM57712 based)|
|Ports||Front: Two USB 2.0 and one DB-15 video on front. Rear: Two USB 2.0, one DB-15 video, one DB-9 serial, one RJ-45 systems management ports, mezzanine LOM adapter with either four 1 GbE network ports or two 10 GbE (RJ-45 or SFP+) network ports in dedicated slot. Internal: Two internal USB ports (for the embedded hypervisor).|
|PCI Expansion slots||Up to eight slots, five on the system board, up to three on an optional riser card. Slots 1, 2, and 3 are physically x16 slots. Alternative 2-slot riser with one x16 and one x8 slot also available. The slots are as follows:
|Cooling||Calibrated Vectored Cooling with up to six N+N redundant hot swap fans (all six standard); each fan has two rotors.|
|Power supply||Up to two hot-swap redundant AC power supplies (80 PLUS Platinum certification). Standard models use 900W supplies; available 1400W AC and 750W DC options. Second power supply requires processor expansion tray (88Y7365) or the power interposer card (88Y7367) installed.|
|Video||Matrox G200eR2 with 16 MB memory integrated into the IMM2. Maximum resolution is 1600x1200 at 75 Hz with 16 M colors.|
|Hot-swap parts||Drives, power supplies, and fans.|
|Systems management||UEFI, Integrated Management Module II (IMM2), Predictive Failure Analysis, Light Path Diagnostics, Automatic Server Restart, IBM Systems Director and Active Energy Manager, and the ServerGuide. IMM Advanced Upgrade software feature for remote presence are standard with the x3750 M4.|
|Security features||Power-on password, administrator's password, Trusted Platform Module (TPM).|
|Operating systems supported||Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2; RHEL 6 x64; SLES 11 x64; VMware vSphere 5.1, 5.5|
|Limited warranty||Three-year customer-replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty with 9x5 next business day (NBD).|
|Service and support||Optional service upgrades are available through ServicePac® offerings: Four-hour or two-hour response time, eight-hour fix time, one-year or two-year warranty extension, remote technical support for Lenovo hardware and some Lenovo and third-party applications.|
|Dimensions||Height: 86 mm (3.4 in.), width: 445 mm (17.5 in.), depth: 746 mm (29.4 in.)|
|Weight||Minimum configuration: 25 kg (55 lb.), maximum: 30 kg (65 lb.)|
The x3750 M4 servers are shipped with the following items:
- Statement of Limited Warranty
- Important Notices
- Rack Installation Instructions
- Documentation CD that contains the Installation and User's Guide
- System x Gen-III Slides Kit
- System x Gen-III Cable Management Arm (CMA)
- 2.8 m (9.2 ft.) C13-C14 power cord (one for models with one power supply, and two for models with two power supplies)
Table 2 lists the standard models.
Table 2. Standard models
|Model||Intel Xeon processor*
|Models announced March 2014|
|8752-A1x||2x E5-4627 v2 8C 3.3GHz
16MB 1866MHz 130W
|2x 8 GB
|Open||5 / 8||4x 1GbE||1x 900W|
|8752-A2x||1x E5-4603 v2 4C 2.2GHz
10MB 1333MHz 95W
|1x 8 GB**
|M5210e||Open||Open||5 / 8||4x 1GbE||1x 900W|
|8752-A3x||2x E5-4607 v2 6C 2.6GHz
15MB 1333MHz 95W
|2x 8 GB
|Open||5 / 8||4x 1GbE||1x 900W|
|8752-B1x||2x E5-4610 v2 8C 2.3GHz
16MB 1600MHz 95W
|2x 8 GB
|Open||5 / 8||4x 1GbE||1x 900W|
|8752-B2x||2x E5-4620 v2 8C 2.6GHz
20MB 1600MHz 95W
|2x 8 GB
|Open||8 / 8||4x 1GbE||1x 900W|
|8752-C1x||2x E5-4640 v2 10C 2.2GHz
20MB 1866MHz 95W
|2x 8 GB
|Open||8 / 8||4x 1GbE||1x 900W|
|8752-C2x||2x E5-4650 v2 10C 2.4GHz
25MB 1866MHz 95W
|2x 8 GB
|Open||5 / 8||2x 10GbE‡||1x 900W|
* Processor detail: Processor quantity and model, cores, core speed, L3 cache, memory speed, and power consumption.
** All models except for 8752-A2x include the processor and memory expansion tray containing sockets for processors 3 and 4 and 24 DIMMs. For model A2x, order part number 88Y7365.
‡ Model 8752-C2x includes the Broadcom NetXtreme II ML2 Dual Port 10GbaseT adapter, 00D2026. All other models include the Intel I350-T4 ML2 Quad Port GbE Adapter, 00D1998
§ For these models, the standard DIMM is rated at 1600 MHz, but operates at up to 1333 MHz to match the processor memory speed
† Models C1x and C2x include the ServeRAID M5200 Series 1GB Flash/RAID 5 Upgrade (part number 47C8660) which is a 1 GB flash-backed cache with support for RAID 5.
See the Standards specifications section for information about the standard features of the server.
The x3750 M4 supports the processor options listed in Table 3. The server supports up to four processors. Two processors are installed in sockets on the system board. Processors 3 and 4 are installed on the processor and memory expansion tray. Most models (with the exception of A2x, as listed in Table 2) have the expansion tray installed as standard. For model A2x, order part number 88Y7365 for the processor and memory expansion tray.
The following processor quantities are supported:
- One processor, installed in socket 1
- Two processors, installed in sockets 1 and 2
- Four processors, installed in all four sockets
Table 3 also shows which server models have each processor standard. If there is no corresponding where-used model for a particular processor, this processor is only available through CTO.
Table 3. Processor options
|Part number||Feature code*||Description||Models
|88Y7365||A29Z||System x3750 M4 processor and memory expansion tray||All except A2x|
|00D1948||A43K / A43U||Intel Xeon E5-4603 v2 4C 2.2GHz 10MB 1333MHz 95W||8752-A2x|
|00D1953||A43L / A43V||Intel Xeon E5-4607 v2 6C 2.6GHz 15MB 1333MHz 95W||8752-A3x|
|00D1958||A43M / A43W||Intel Xeon E5-4610 v2 8C 2.3GHz 16MB 1600MHz 95W||8752-B1x|
|00D1963||A43N / A43X||Intel Xeon E5-4620 v2 8C 2.6GHz 20MB 1600MHz 95W||8752-B2x|
|00D1978||A43R / A440||Intel Xeon E5-4627 v2 8C 3.3GHz 16MB 1866MHz 130W||8752-A1x|
|00D0574||A452 / A453||Intel Xeon E5-4624L v2 10C 1.9GHz 25MB 1866MHz 70W||-|
|00D1968||A43P / A43Y||Intel Xeon E5-4640 v2 10C 2.2GHz 20MB 1866MHz 95W||8752-C1x|
|00D1973||A43Q / A43Z||Intel Xeon E5-4650 v2 10C 2.4GHz 25MB 1866MHz 95W||8752-C2x|
|00D1988||A43T / A442||Intel Xeon E5-4657L v2 12C 2.4GHz 30MB 1866MHz 115W||-|
* The first feature code corresponds to the first processor installed; the second feature is for all additional processors.
Lenovo DDR3 memory is compatibility-tested and tuned for optimal System x performance and throughput. Lenovo memory specifications are integrated into the light path diagnostics for immediate system performance feedback and optimum system uptime. From a service and support standpoint, Lenovo memory automatically assumes the system warranty.
The System x3750 M4 supports DDR3 memory. The server supports up to 48 DIMMs when four processors are installed, with 12 DIMMs for each processor. There are 24 DIMM sockets (for processors 1 and 2) on the system board. The remaining DIMM sockets (for processors 3 and 4) are on the processor and memory expansion tray. Each processor has four memory channels, and there are three DIMMs per channel.
The x3750 M4 memory system has been carefully tuned so that the server supports higher memory frequencies than the Intel processor specification. You can, for example, use low-voltage DIMMs but still operate them at the rated speed.
Table 4 lists the memory options that are available for the x3750 M4 server.
|Part number||Feature code||Description||Maximum
|RDIMMs - 1866 MHz|
|00D5048||A3QL||16GB (1x16GB, 2Rx4, 1.5V) PC3-14900 CL13 ECC DDR3 1866MHz LP RDIMM||48 (12 per processor)||-|
|00D5032||A3QG||8GB (1x8GB, 1Rx4, 1.5V) PC3-14900 CL13 ECC DDR3 1866MHz LP RDIMM||48 (12 per processor)||8752-A1x|
|00D5020||A3QD||4GB (1x4GB, 1Rx4, 1.5V) PC3-14900 CL13 ECC DDR3 1866MHz LP RDIMM||48 (12 per processor)||-|
|RDIMMs - 1600 MHz|
|46W0672||A3QM||16GB (1x16GB, 2Rx4, 1.35V) PC3L-12800 CL11 ECC DDR3 1600MHz LP RDIMM||48 (12 per processor)||-|
|00D5036||A3QH||8GB (1x8GB, 1Rx4, 1.35V) PC3L-12800 CL11 ECC DDR3 1600MHz LP RDIMM||48 (12 per processor)||All other
|00D5024||A3QE||4GB (1x4GB, 1Rx4, 1.35V) PC3L-12800 CL11 ECC DDR3 1600MHz LP RDIMM||48 (12 per processor)||-|
|46W0761||A47K||32GB (1x32GB, 4Rx4, 1.5V) PC3-14900 CL13 ECC DDR3 1866MHz LP LRDIMM||48 (12 per processor)||-|
The following rules apply when selecting the memory configuration:
- The server supports RDIMMs and LRDIMMs. UDIMMs are not supported.
- Mixing different types of memory (RDIMMs and LRDIMMs) is not supported.
- Mixing 1.5 V and 1.35 V DIMMs in the same server is supported; in such a case, all DIMMs operate at 1.5 V.
- The maximum number of ranks per one channel is eight (with the exception of Load Reduced DIMMs, where more than eight ranks are supported, because one quad-rank LRDIMM provides the same electrical load on a memory bus as a single-rank RDIMM).
- The maximum quantity of DIMMs that can be installed in the server depends on the number of processors installed. The table shows the maximum when all four processors are installed. When two processors are installed, the maximum quantity supported is a half of the quantity that is shown.
- All DIMMs in the server operate at the same speed, which is determined as the lowest value of:
- Memory speed that is supported by the specific processor.
- Lowest of maximum operating speeds for selected memory configuration that depends on rated speed, operating voltage, and quantity of DIMMs per channel, as shown under "Max. operating speed" section in the next table.
- The memory speed entries highlighted in bold text in Table 5 indicate that the System x3750 M4 supports higher memory frequencies than the Intel processor specification. In some instances, this configuration also results larger memory capacity that the specification recommends.
- Tables cells highlighted with a gray background indicate when the specific combination of DIMM voltage and number of DIMMs per channel still allows the DIMMs to operate at rated speed
|Ranks||Single-rank DIMMs||Dual-rank DIMMs||Quad-rank LRDIMMs|
|Part numbers||00D5024 (4 GB)
00D5036 (8 GB)
|00D5020 (4 GB)
00D5032 (8 GB)
|Rated speed||1600 MHz||1866 MHz||1600 MHz||1866 MHz||1866 MHz|
|Rated voltage||1.35 V||1.5 V||1.35 V||1.5 V||1.5 V|
|Operating voltage||1.35 V||1.5 V||1.5 V||1.35 V||1.5 V||1.5 V||1.5 V|
|Max. qty supported*||48||48||48||48||48||48||48|
|Max. DIMM capacity||8 GB||8 GB||8 GB||16 GB||16 GB||16 GB||32 GB|
|Max. mem. capacity||384 GB||384 GB||384 GB||768 GB||768 GB||768 GB||1.5 TB|
|Max memory at
|256 GB||256 GB||256 GB||512 GB||768 GB||512 GB||1.0 TB|
|Max operating speed (MHz)|
|1 DIMM per channel||1333 MHz||1600 MHz||1866 MHz||1333 MHz||1600 MHz||1866 MHz||1866 MHz|
|2 DIMMs per channel||
|3 DIMMs per channel||
* Maximum quantity supported is shown for four processors installed. When two processors are installed, the maximum quantity supported is a half of the quantity that is shown. When one processor is installed, the quantity is one quarter of that shown.
The following memory protection technologies are supported:
- Chipkill (for x4-based memory DIMMs, look for "x4" in the DIMM description)
- Memory mirroring
- Memory rank sparing
If memory mirroring is used, then DIMMs must be installed in pairs (minimum of one pair per CPU), and both DIMMs in a pair must be identical in type and size.
If memory rank sparing is used, then a minimum of one quad-rank DIMM or two single-rank or dual-rank DIMMs must be installed per populated channel (the DIMMs do not need being identical). In rank sparing mode, one rank of a DIMM in each populated channel is reserved as spare memory. The size of a rank varies depending on the DIMMs installed.
The server can support up to 16x 2.5-inch drives, up to 32x 1.8-inch drives, or a combination of both 2.5-inch and 1.8-inch hot-swap drives, using the supported SAS/SATA backplane configurations. The server supports 2.5-inch hot-swap SAS or hot-swap SATA hard disk drives, 2.5-inch hot-swap SATA solid-state drives, or 1.8-inch hot-swap SATA solid-state drives. You can mix drives in the same server if you do not mix drives on the same array.
The System x3750 M4 server supports various internal storage configurations based on four different backplanes:
- 4-drive backplane for 2.5-inch drives: Up to four backplanes can be installed, each requiring one SAS connection to a supported controller. One RAID controller can connect to two of these backplanes.
- 8-drive backplane for 2.5-inch drives: Up to two backplanes can be installed, each requiring two SAS connections. One RAID controller per backplane.
- 8-drive backplane with a SAS expander for 2.5-inch drives: Use with the other 2.5-inch drive backplanes (8-drive or one 4-drive or two 4-drive backplanes) which will result in being able to connect up to 16 2.5-inch drive bays to the one RAID controller.
- 8-drive backplane for 1.8-inch solid-state drives (eXFlash Pack): Up to four backplanes can be installed, each requiring two SAS connections. One RAID controller per backplane. Cannot be connected to the 8-drive backplane with a SAS expander.
When building drive backplane configurations, all 1.8-inch SSD drive backplanes must be installed to the right of all 2.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch SSD drive backplanes (when looking at the front of the server). Every four drives uses a SAS signal cable except when the 8-drive backplane with SAS expander is used. When the 8-drive backplane with SAS expander is used, the other backplanes connect to the SAS expander backplane with the supplied cables and then the SAS expander backplane is connected to the single RAID controller with two cables. All backplane options include the necessary cables.
See the System x3750 M4 Installation and Service Guide for a description of all supported backplane combinations.
Standard models (all models except A2x) ship with at least one backplane; see Table 2 for details. Table 6 shows the backplane options that are available for a x3750 M4 server.
Table 6. Internal storage expansion options
|Part number||Feature code||Name||Maximum
|00D2020||A4XA||4x 2.5" HS SAS/SATA/SSD HDD Backplane||4*|
|00D2022||A4XC||8x 2.5" HS SAS/SATA/SSD HDD Backplane||2|
|00D2011||A4XD||8x 2.5" HS SAS/SATA/SSD HDD Backplane
with controller expansion (SAS expander)
|00D2024||A4XB||eXFlash 8x 1.8" HS SAS SSD Backplane||4|
* When a server is ordered via CTO, only one 4-drive backplane can be selected. If the order has more than 4 drive bays, 8-drive backplanes will be selected instead.
** Only one backplane with SAS expander (00D2011) can be installed in a server and can be used connected to a single 8-drive backplane (00D2022), a single 4-drive backplane (00D2020), or two 4-drive backplanes (00D2020). The SAS expander backplane cannot be used with the eXFlash backplane.
Controllers for internal storage
Table 7 lists the RAID controllers and SAS HBAs used for the internal disk storage of the x3750 M4 server.
Table 7. RAID controllers for internal storage
|Part number||Feature code||Description||Maximum
|None||A3QA||SeveRAID M5210e SAS/SATA Controller||1 (integrated)||All|
|46C9110||A3YZ||ServeRAID M5210 SAS/SATA Controller||3||-|
|46C9114||A45W||ServeRAID M1215 SAS/SATA Controller||3||-|
|47C8675||A3YY||N2215 SAS/SATA HBA for System x||3||-|
The integrated ServeRAID M5210e SAS/SATA controller in a chip on the system board for machine type 8752. It has the following specifications:
- LSI SAS3108 RAID on Chip (ROC) controller.
- Eight internal SAS/SATA ports.
- Two internal x4 HD Mini-SAS connectors (SFF-8643).
- PCI Express 3.0 x8 host interface.
- Support for RAID 0, 1, and 10 standard
- Support for RAID 5, 50, 6, and 60 with optional upgrades.
- Optional onboard data cache: 1 GB (no battery backup), or 1 or 2 GB with flash backup
- Optional support for self-encrypting drives (SEDs) with MegaRAID SafeStore.
Note: The drives and backplanes currently supported in the x3750 M4 operate at 6 Gbps speeds, so the M5210e will also operate at 6 Gbps.
For more information, see the list of Lenovo Press Product Guides in the RAID adapters category:
Note: The supported adapters for internal storage need to be installed in slots 1, 2 and 3 because of cable routing requirements. One of the supported riser cards must be installed. These slots also require that Processor 2 be installed.
Table 8 lists the optional upgrades supported with the ServeRAID controllers.
Table 8. RAID controller upgrades
|47C8656||A3Z0||ServeRAID M5200 Series 1GB Cache/RAID 5 Upgrade||Hardware||4|
|47C8660||A3Z1||ServeRAID M5200 Series 1GB Flash/RAID 5 Upgrade||Hardware||4|
|47C8664||A3Z2||ServeRAID M5200 Series 2GB Flash/RAID 5 Upgrade||Hardware||4|
|47C8668||A3Z3||ServeRAID M5200 Series 4GB Flash/RAID 5 Upgrade||Hardware||4|
|47C8706||A3Z5||ServeRAID M5200 Series RAID 6 Upgrade-FoD||FoD||1*|
|47C8708||A3Z6||ServeRAID M5200 Series Zero Cache/RAID 5-FoD||FoD||1|
|47C8710||A3Z7||ServeRAID M5200 Series Performance Accelerator-FoD||FoD||1*|
|47C8712||A3Z8||ServeRAID M5200 Series SSD Caching Enabler-FoD||FoD||1*|
|00AE930||A5H5||ServeRAID M1200 Zero Cache/RAID 5 Upgrade for Systems FOD||FoD||1|
* These M5200 upgrades require one of the cache upgrades (47C8656, 47C8660, 47C8664, or 47C8668)
Internal drive options
Table 9 lists the hard disk drive options for the internal disk storage of the x3750 M4 server.
|2.5-inch 10K SAS Hot-Swap HDDs|
|90Y8877||A2XC||300GB 10K 6Gbps SAS 2.5" SFF G2HS HDD||16|
|90Y8872||A2XD||600GB 10K 6Gbps SAS 2.5" SFF G2HS HDD||16|
|81Y9650||A282||900GB 10K 6Gbps SAS 2.5" SFF HS HDD||16|
|00AD075||A48S||1.2TB 10K 6Gbps SAS 2.5'' G2HS HDD||16|
|00NA441||ASCD||1.8TB 10K 6Gbps SAS 2.5" G2HS 512e HDD||16|
|2.5-inch 15K SAS Hot-Swap HDDs|
|90Y8926||A2XB||146GB 15K 6Gbps SAS 2.5" SFF G2HS HDD||16|
|81Y9670||A283||300GB 15K 6Gbps SAS 2.5" G2HS HDD||16|
|00AJ300||A4VB||600GB 15K 6Gbps SAS 2.5'' G2HS HDD||16|
|2.5-inch NL SATA Hot-Swap HDDs|
|81Y9722||A1NX||250GB 7.2K 6Gbps NL SATA 2.5" SFF HS HDD||16|
|81Y9726||A1NZ||500GB 7.2K 6Gbps NL SATA 2.5" SFF HS HDD||16|
|81Y9730||A1AV||1TB 7.2K 6Gbps NL SATA 2.5" SFF HS HDD||16|
|2.5-inch NL SAS Hot-Swap HDDs|
|90Y8953||A2XE||500GB 7.2K 6Gbps NL SAS 2.5" SFF G2HS HDD||16|
|81Y9690||A1P3||1TB 7.2K 6Gbps NL SAS 2.5" SFF HS HDD||16|
|2.5-inch SAS Hot-Swap SEDs|
|90Y8944||A2ZK||146GB 15K 6Gbps SAS 2.5" SFF G2HS SED||16|
|90Y8913||A2XF||300GB 10K 6Gbps SAS 2.5" SFF G2HS SED||16|
|90Y8908||A3EF||600GB 10K 6Gbps SAS 2.5" SFF G2HS SED||16|
|81Y9662||A3EG||900GB 10K 6Gbps SAS 2.5" SFF G2HS SED||16|
|00AD085||A48T||1.2TB 10K 6Gbps SAS 2.5'' G2HS SED||16|
|00NA476||ASCF||1.8TB 10K 6Gbps SAS 2.5'' G2HS 512e SED||16|
|SAS-SSD hybrid drives|
|00AD102||A4G7||600GB 10K 6Gbps SAS 2.5'' G2HS Hybrid||16|
|2.5-inch SSDs - Enterprise|
|49Y6134||A3EY||400GB SAS 2.5" MLC HS Enterprise SSD||16|
|49Y6139||A3F0||800GB SAS 2.5" MLC HS Enterprise SSD||16|
|49Y6195||A4GH||1.6TB SAS 2.5" MLC HS Enterprise SSD||16|
|41Y8331||A4FL||S3700 200GB SATA 2.5" MLC HS Enterprise SSD||16|
|41Y8336||A4FN||S3700 400GB SATA 2.5" MLC HS Enterprise SSD||16|
|41Y8341||A4FQ||S3700 800GB SATA 2.5" MLC HS Enterprise SSD||16|
|2.5-inch SSDs - Enterprise Value|
|00AJ000||A4KM||S3500 120GB SATA 2.5" MLC HS Enterprise Value SSD||16|
|00AJ005||A4KN||S3500 240GB SATA 2.5" MLC HS Enterprise Value SSD||16|
|00AJ010||A4KP||S3500 480GB SATA 2.5" MLC HS Enterprise Value SSD||16|
|00AJ015||A4KQ||S3500 800GB SATA 2.5" MLC HS Enterprise Value SSD||16|
|00FN268||A5U4||S3500 1.6TB SATA 2.5" MLC HS Enterprise Value SSD||16|
|2.5-inch SSDs - Entry|
|00FN298||AS0D||240GB SATA 2.5" MLC HS Entry SSD||16|
|00FN327||AS0E||480GB SATA 2.5" MLC HS Entry SSD||16|
|00FN332||AS0F||960GB SATA 2.5" MLC HS Entry SSD||16|
|1.8-inch SSDs - Enterprise|
|49Y6119||A3AN||200GB SATA 1.8" MLC Enterprise SSD||32|
|41Y8366||A4FS||S3700 200GB SATA 1.8" MLC Enterprise SSD||32|
|41Y8371||A4FT||S3700 400GB SATA 1.8" MLC Enterprise SSD||32|
|1.8-inch SSDs - Enterprise Value|
|00AJ040||A4KV||S3500 80GB SATA 1.8" MLC Enterprise Value SSD||32|
|00AJ045||A4KW||S3500 240GB SATA 1.8" MLC Enterprise Value SSD||32|
|00AJ050||A4KX||S3500 400GB SATA 1.8" MLC Enterprise Value SSD||32|
|00AJ455||A58U||S3500 800GB SATA 1.8" MLC Enterprise Value SSD||32|
Internal backup units
The server does not supports any internal backup units, such as tape drives or RDX drives.
The server supports the optical drive options listed in Table 10.
Table 10. Optical drives
|46M0902||4163||UltraSlim Enhanced SATA Multi-Burner||1||-|
The UltraSlim Enhanced SATA Multi-Burner (46M0902) supports the following media and speeds for reading:
- CD-ROM 24X
- CD-DA (DAE) 20X
- CD-R 24X
- CD-RW 24X
- DVD-ROM (single layer) 8X
- DVD-ROM (dual layer) 8X
- DVD-R (4.7 GB) 6X
- DVD-R DL 4X
- DVD+R 6X
- DVD+R DL 4X
- DVD-RW (4.7 GB) 4X
- DVD+RW 4X
- DVD-RAM (4.7/9.4 GB) 4X
The drive also supports the following media and speeds for writing:
- CD-R 24X
- CD-RW 4X
- High Speed CD-RW 10X
- Ultra Speed CD-RW 16X
- Ultra Speed Plus CD-RW 16X
- DVD-R 8X
- DVD-R DL 6X
- DVD+R 8X
- DVD+R DL 6X
- DVD-RW 6X
- DVD+RW 8X
- DVD-RAM 5X
I/O expansion options
The server supports up to eight PCIe slots, not including the mezzanine LOM slot. Five slots are on the system board and three are through a riser card. A riser card is standard on some models as shown in the table below. It is optional on all other models. The use of slots 1 - 5 require processor 2 to be installed. Table 11 lists the ordering information for the riser cards.
Table 11. PCI riser card options
|88Y7371||A2A1||x3750 M4 PCIe 3 x8 riser||B2x, C1x||1|
|00D2009||A419||x3750 M4 PCIe 1x16 and 1x8 riser||-||1|
The three slots on the PCIe 3 x8 riser are as follows:
- Slot 1: PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 mechanical): Full-height, half-length (requires processor 2)
- Slot 2: PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 mechanical): Full-height, half-length (requires processor 2)
- Slot 3: PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 mechanical): Full-height, half-length (requires processor 2)
The two slots on the PCIe 1x16 and 1x8 riser are as follows:
- Slot 1: PCIe 3.0 x16: Full-height, half-length (requires processor 2)
- Slot 2: PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 mechanical): Full-height, half-length (requires processor 2)
- Slot 3: Not present
The five standard slots on the system board are as follows:
- Slot 4: PCIe 3.0 x8: Low profile, half-length (requires processor 2)
- Slot 5: PCIe 3.0 x8: Low profile, half-length (requires processor 2)
- Slot 6: PCIe 3.0 x8: Low profile, half-length
- Slot 7: PCIe 3.0 x8: Low profile, half-length
- Slot 8: PCIe 3.0 x8: Low profile, half-length
The x3750 M4, machine type 8752 (using Intel Xeon E5-4600 v2 processors) offers a dedicated Mezzanine LOM slot for integrated networking. In addition to the usual networking functions for the installed operating system, this adapter also supports shared access to the IMM2 service processor if so enabled in UEFI. Table 12 lists the supported ML2 adapters that are installed in this slot. Only one adapter is supported.
|10 Gb Ethernet|
|00D2026||A40S||Broadcom NetXtreme II ML2 Dual Port 10GbaseT for System x||1*|
|00D2028||A40T||Broadcom NetXtreme II ML2 Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ for System x||1*|
|00D1996||A40Q||Emulex VFA5 ML2 Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ Adapter for System x||1*|
|00D8544||A4NZ||Emulex VFA5 ML2 FCoE/iSCSI License for System x (FoD)
(FCoE/iSCSI upgrade for 00D1996)
|00D1994||A40P||Intel X540 ML2 Dual Port 10GbaseT Adapter for System x||1*|
|94Y5200||AS74||Intel X710 ML2 4x10GbE SFP+ Adapter for System x||1*|
|00FP650||A5RK||Mellanox ConnectX-3 Pro ML2 2x40GbE/FDR VPI Adapter||1*|
|1 Gb Ethernet|
|00D1998||A40R||Intel I350-T4 ML2 Quad Port GbE Adapter for System x||1*|
* These ML2 adapters occupy the same dedicated slot and are mutually exclusive.
Table 13 lists additional supported network adapters that can be installed in the eight regular PCIe slots.
|40 Gb Ethernet / InfiniBand|
|00D9550||A3PN||Mellanox ConnectX-3 40GbE / FDR IB VPI Adapter for System x||8|
|10 Gb Ethernet|
|94Y5180||A4Z6||Broadcom NetXtreme Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ Adapter for System x||8|
|49Y7910||A18Y||Broadcom NetXtreme II Dual Port 10GBaseT Adapter for System x||8|
|44T1370||A5GZ||Broadcom NetXtreme 2x10GbE BaseT Adapter for System x||8|
|00D8540||A4M9||Emulex Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ VFA IIIr for System x||8|
|95Y3760||A2U2||Emulex VFA III/IIIr FCoE/iSCSI License for System x (FoD)
(FCoE/iSCSI upgrade for 00D8540)
|00JY830||A5UU||Emulex VFA5 2x10 GbE SFP+ Adapter and FCoE/iSCSI SW||8|
|00JY820||A5UT||Emulex VFA5 2x10 GbE SFP+ PCIe Adapter for System x||8|
|00JY824||A5UV||Emulex VFA5 FCoE/iSCSI SW for PCIe Adapter for System x (FoD)
(FCoE/iSCSI upgrade for 00JY820)
|49Y7960||A2EC||Intel X520 Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ Adapter for System x||8|
|49Y7970||A2ED||Intel X540-T2 Dual Port 10GBaseT Adapter for System x||8|
|81Y3520||AS73||Intel X710 2x10GbE SFP+ Adapter for System x||8|
|00D9690||A3PM||Mellanox ConnectX-3 10 GbE Adapter for System x||8|
|90Y4600||A3MR||QLogic 8200 Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ VFA for System x||8|
|00Y5624||A3MT||QLogic 8200 VFA FCoE/iSCSI License for System x (FoD)
(FCoE/iSCSI upgrade for 90Y4600)
|47C9952||A47H||Solarflare SFN5162F 2x10GbE SFP+ Performant Adapter||8|
|47C9960||A47J||Solarflare SFN6122F 2x10GbE SFP+ Onload Adapter||8|
|90Y9352||A2V3||Broadcom NetXtreme I Quad Port GbE Adapter for System x||8|
|90Y9370||A2V4||Broadcom NetXtreme I Dual Port GbE Adapter for System x||8|
|49Y4230||5767||Intel Ethernet Dual Port Server Adapter I340-T2 for System x||8|
|49Y4240||5768||Intel Ethernet Quad Port Server Adapter I340-T4 for System x||8|
|00AG500||A56K||Intel I350-F1 1xGbE Fiber Adapter for System x||8|
|00AG510||A56L||Intel I350-T2 2xGbE BaseT Adapter for System x||8|
|00AG520||A56M||Intel I350-T4 4xGbE BaseT Adapter for System x||8|
# Maximum quantity is achieved with processor 2 installed and the 3-slot riser card (88Y7371). With one processor, the maximum quantity is three (this maximum does not apply to the 10 Gb cards in the dedicated slot).
For more information, see the list of Lenovo Press Product Guides in the Networking adapters category:
Storage HBAs and external RAID controllers
Table 14 lists storage HBAs supported by x3750 M4 server. The maximum quantity is achieved with processor 2 and the 3-slot riser card (88Y7371) installed. With one processor, the maximum quantity is three (this configuration does not apply to the 10 Gb cards in the dedicated slot).
Table 14. Storage adapters
|Fibre Channel - 16 Gbps|
|81Y1675||A2XV||Brocade 16Gb FC Dual-port HBA for System x||8|
|81Y1668||A2XU||Brocade 16Gb FC Single-port HBA for System x||8|
|81Y1662||A2W6||Emulex 16Gb FC Dual-port HBA for System x||8|
|81Y1655||A2W5||Emulex 16Gb FC Single-port HBA for System x||8|
|00Y3341||A3KX||QLogic 16Gb FC Dual-port HBA for System x||8|
|00Y3337||A3KW||QLogic 16Gb FC Single-port HBA for System x||8|
|Fibre Channel - 8 Gbps|
|46M6050||3591||Brocade 8Gb FC Dual-port HBA for System x||8|
|46M6049||3589||Brocade 8Gb FC Single-port HBA for System x||8|
|42D0494||3581||Emulex 8Gb FC Dual-port HBA for System x||8|
|42D0485||3580||Emulex 8Gb FC Single-port HBA for System x||8|
|42D0510||3579||QLogic 8Gb FC Dual-port HBA for System x||8|
|42D0501||3578||QLogic 8Gb FC Single-port HBA for System x||8|
|46C9010||A3MV||N2125 SAS/SATA HBA for System x||8|
|47C8675||A3YY||N2215 SAS/SATA HBA for System x||3|
# Maximum quantity is achieved with processor 2 and the 3-slot riser card (88Y7371) installed. With one processor, the maximum quantity is three.
For more information, see the list of Lenovo Press Product Guides in the Host bus adapters category:
The following table shows the RAID controllers and options for external disk storage expansion. The RAID controllers listed in the following table are supported with external expansion enclosures.
|81Y4478||A1WX||ServeRAID M5120 SAS/SATA Controller||4*|
|00AE938||A5ND||ServeRAID M5225-2GB SAS/SATA Controller||4|
|Upgrades for the ServeRAID M5120|
|81Y4487||A1J4||ServeRAID M5100 Series 512MB Flash/RAID 5 Upgrade||1 per one M5120|
|81Y4559||A1WY||ServeRAID M5100 Series 1GB Flash/RAID 5 Upgrade||1 per one M5120|
|81Y4546||A1X3||ServeRAID M5100 Series RAID 6 Upgrade||1 per server|
|90Y4273||A2MC||ServeRAID M5100 Series SSD Performance Accelerator||1 per server|
|90Y4318||A2MD||ServeRAID M5100 Series SSD Caching Enabler||1 per server|
|Upgrades for the ServeRAID M5225|
|47C8710||A3Z7||ServeRAID M5200 Series Performance Accelerator||1 per server|
|47C8706||A3Z5||ServeRAID M5200 Series RAID 6 Upgrade||1 per server|
|47C8712||A3Z8||ServeRAID M5200 Series SSD Caching Enabler||1 per server|
* Each M5120 controller must have either the 512MB Flash/RAID 5 or the 1GB Flash/RAID 5 upgrade installed.
The ServeRAID M5120 SAS/SATA Controller has the following specifications:
- Eight external 6 Gbps SAS/SATA ports
- Two external x4 mini-SAS connectors (SFF-8088)
- Supports RAID levels 0, 1, and 10
- Supports RAID levels 5 and 50 with the required M5100 Series RAID 5 upgrades
- Supports RAID 6 and 60 with the optional M5100 Series RAID 6 Upgrade
- Supports 512 MB battery-backed cache or 512 MB or 1 GB flash-backed cache
- 6 Gbps throughput per port
- PCIe 3.0 x8 host interface
- Based on the LSI SAS2208 6 Gbps ROC controller
- Supports connectivity to the EXP2512 and EXP2524 storage expansion enclosures
Cache upgrade required: The ServeRAID M5120 SAS/SATA Controller ships standard without a cache. One of the available cache upgrades (81Y4487, 81Y4559, or 81Y4546) is required for the M5120 adapter operations, and it must be purchased together with the controller.
For more information about the ServeRAID M5120, see the Lenovo Press Product Guide at http://lenovopress.com/tips0858
The ServeRAID M5225 SAS/SATA Controller has the following specifications:
- Eight external 12 Gbps SAS/SATA ports
- Supports 12, 6, and 3 Gbps SAS and 6 and 3 Gbps SATA data transfer rates
- Two external x4 mini-SAS HD connectors (SFF-8644)
- Includes 2 GB flash-backed cache (standard)
- Supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 10, and 50 (standard)
- Supports RAID 6 and 60 with the optional M5200 Series RAID 6 Upgrade
- Supports optional M5200 Series Performance Accelerator and SSD Caching upgrades
- PCIe x8 Gen 3 host interface
- Based on the LSI SAS3108 12 Gbps ROC controller
- Supports connectivity to the EXP2512 and EXP2524 storage expansion enclosures
For more information about the ServeRAID M5225, see the Lenovo Press Product Guide at http://lenovopress.com/tips1258
PCIe SSD adapters
The server supports the High IOPS SSD adapters listed Table 15.
Note: The server supports a maximum quantity of three of the full-height adapters, which must be installed in slots 1, 2, and 3. These slots require the second processor and the 3-slot riser card, 88Y7371.
Table 16. SSD adapters
|90Y4377||A3DY||1.2TB High IOPS MLC Mono Adapter||7|
|90Y4397||A3DZ||2.4TB High IOPS MLC Duo Adapter||3|
|46C9078||A3J3||365GB High IOPS MLC Mono Adapter||7|
|46C9081||A3J4||785GB High IOPS MLC Mono Adapter||7|
|90Y4361||A3MZ*||300GB High IOPS MLC Modular Adapter||3|
|90Y4365||A3N0*||600GB High IOPS MLC Modular Adapter||3|
|90Y4369||A3N1*||800GB High IOPS MLC Modular Adapter||3|
|90Y4373||A3N2*||300GB High IOPS SLC Modular Adapter||3|
* These modular adapters are not available through CTO or Special build. The adapter cannot be shipped installed and instead must be shipped in its option box and configured at the final installation location. For more information, see http://ibm.com/support/entry/portal/docdisplay?lndocid=SERV-IOMA
For details about these adapters, see the Lenovo Press Product Guide High IOPS SSD PCIe Adapters, found at the following address:
The server supports up to two redundant power supplies. Standard models come with one or two 900 W power supplies (model dependent; see Table 2). 1400 W AC and 750 W DC power supplies also available through CTO or Special Bid.
Installing a second power supply requires that the processor and memory expansion tray (88Y7365) or the power interposer card (88Y7367) be installed. The power interposer card option enables redundancy power support when the processor and memory expansion tray is not installed. If you do not have the processor and memory expansion tray installed and want to install two power supplies, then the power interposer card must be installed.
Table 17. Power supplies
|44X4150||A54D||1400W HE Redundant Power Supply for altitudes >5000 meters||2||-|
|44X4152||A54E||1400W HE Redundant Power Supply||2||-|
|88Y7431||A2A7||900 W Power Supply||2||All models|
|88Y7433||A2EA||System x 4S- 750W High Efficiency -48 V DC Power Supply||2||-|
|88Y7367||A2A0||Power Interposer for Redundant Power Supply||1*||-|
* The power interposer is not needed if the processor and memory expansion tray (88Y7365) is installed.
Each AC power supply ships standard with one 2.8 m C13 - C14 power cord.
Two installed power supplies form a redundant pair. Under extreme configurations, with two 1400 W supplies installed, it might still be possible to exceed 1400 W DC output. If this condition exists and a power supply fails, the server caps power at 1400 W until the second power supply is back online.
The server supports VMware ESXi installed on a USB memory key. The key is installed in a USB socket inside the server. Table 17 lists the virtualization options.
Table 18. Virtualization options
|41Y8298||A2G0||Blank USB Memory Key for VMware ESXi Downloads||1|
Download a supported VMware vSphere hypervisor image from http://ibm.com/systems/x/os/vmware/ and load it on the memory key using the instructions provided.
The server contains Integrated Management Module II (IMM2), which provides advanced service-processor control, monitoring, and alerting functions. If an environmental condition exceeds a threshold or if a system component fails, the IMM2 lights LEDs to help you diagnose the problem, records the error in the event log, and alerts you to the problem. A virtual presence capability also comes standard in this server for remote server management.
Remote server management is provided through industry-standard interfaces:
- Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) Version 2.0
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Version 3
- Common Information Model (CIM)
- Web browser
The server also supports virtual media and remote control features, which provide the following functions:
- Remotely viewing video with graphics resolutions up to 1600x1200 at 75 Hz with up to 23 bits per pixel, regardless of the system state
- Remotely accessing the server using the keyboard and mouse from a remote client
- Mapping the CD or DVD drive, diskette drive, and USB flash drive on a remote client, and mapping ISO and diskette image files as virtual drives that are available for use by the server
- Uploading a diskette image to the IMM2 memory and mapping it to the server as a virtual drive
- Capturing blue-screen errors
Supported operating systems
The server supports the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Server x64 Edition
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- SUSE Enterprise Linux Server (SLES) 12
- SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 11 for AMD64/EM64T
- SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 11 with Xen for AMD64/EM64T
- VMware vSphere 5.0 (ESXi)
- VMware vSphere 5.5 (ESXi)
For the latest information about the specific versions and service levels supported and any other prerequisites, see the Operating System Interoperability Guide:
Physical and electrical specifications
Dimensions and weight:
Width: 446 mm (17.5 in.)
Depth: 734 mm (28.9 in.)
Height: 87 mm (3.4 in.)
Approximate weight, fully configured: 31.1 kg (68.5 lb.)
- Air temperature:
- 5 - 40 °C (41 - 104 °F) at 0 - 3048 m (10,000 ft); ASHRAE A3 compliant
- Humidity: 8% - 80%
- 100 - 127 (nominal) V AC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz, and System 20 A (10 A per power supply)
- 200 - 208 (nominal) V AC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz, and System 10 A
- 200 - 240 (nominal) V AC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz, and System 9 A
- Minimum configuration: 0.20 kVA (one power supply)
- Minimum configuration: 0.26 kVA (two power supplies)
- Typical configuration: 1.12 kVA (two power supplies)
- Maximum configuration: 2.16 kVA (two power supplies)
- BTU output:
- Minimum configuration: 648 BTU/hr (190 watts)
- Maximum configuration: 7,336 BTU/hr (2150 watts)
- Noise level:
- Idle: 6.5 bels
- Operating: 6.6 bels
The System x3750 M4 has a three-year warranty with 24x7 standard call center support and 9x5 Next Business Day onsite coverage. Also available are Lenovo Services warranty maintenance upgrades and post-warranty maintenance agreements, with a well-defined scope of services, including service hours, response time, term of service, and service agreement terms and conditions.
Lenovo warranty service upgrade offerings are country-specific. Not all warranty service upgrades are available in every country. For more information about Lenovo warranty service upgrade offerings that are available in your country, visit the Lenovo Services website:
The following table explains warranty service definitions in more detail.
Table 19. Warranty service definitions
|On-site service||A service technician will arrive at the client’s location for equipment service.|
|24x7x2 hour||A service technician is scheduled to arrive at the client’s location within two hours after remote problem determination is completed. Lenovo provides service around the clock, every day, including Lenovo holidays.|
|24x7x4 hour||A service technician is scheduled to arrive at the client’s location within four hours after remote problem determination is completed. Lenovo provides service around the clock, every day, including Lenovo holidays.|
|9x5x4 hour||A service technician is scheduled to arrive at the client’s location within four business hours after remote problem determination is completed. Lenovo provides service 8:00 am - 5:00 pm in the client's local time zone, Monday-Friday, excluding Lenovo holidays. For example, if a customer reports an incident at 3:00 pm on Friday, the technician will arrive by 10:00 am the following Monday.|
|9x5 next business day||A service technician is scheduled to arrive at the client’s location on the business day after remote problem determination is completed. Lenovo provides service 8:00 am - 5:00 pm in the client's local time zone, Monday - Friday, excluding Lenovo holidays. Calls received after 4:00 pm local time require an extra business day for service dispatch. Next business day service is not guaranteed.|
|Committed Repair||Problems receive priority handling so that repairs are completed within the committed time of 6, 8, or 24 hours. Lenovo provides service 24 hours/day, every day, including Lenovo holidays.|
The following Lenovo warranty service upgrades are available:
- Warranty and maintenance service upgrades:
- Three, four, or five years of 9x5 or 24x7 service coverage
- Onsite response from next business day to 2 or 4 hours
- Committed repair service
- Warranty extension of up to 5 years
- Post warranty extensions
- Committed Repair Service
Committed Repair Services enhances the level of Warranty Service Upgrade or Post Warranty/Maintenance Service offering associated with the selected systems. Offerings vary and are available in select countries.
- Priority handling to meet defined time frames to restore the failing machine to good working condition
- Committed repair service levels are measured within the following coverage hours:
- 24x7x6: Service performed 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, within 6 hours
- 24x7x8: Service performed 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, within 8 hours
- 24x7x24: Service performed 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, within 24 hours
- Hard Drive Retention
Lenovo’s Hard Drive Retention service is a multi-drive hard drive retention offering that ensures your data is always under your control, regardless of the number of hard drives that are installed in your Lenovo server. In the unlikely event of a hard drive failure, you retain possession of your hard drive while Lenovo replaces the failed drive part. Your data stays safely on your premises, in your hands. The Hard Drive Retention service can be purchased in convenient bundles with our warranty upgrades and extensions.
- Microcode Support
Keeping microcode current helps prevent hardware failures and security exposure. There are two levels of service: analysis of the installed base and analysis and update where required. Offerings vary by country and can be bundled with other warranty upgrades and extensions.
- Remote Technical Support Services (RTS)
RTS provides comprehensive technical call center support for covered servers, storage, operating systems, and applications. Providing a single source for support of hardware and software issues, RTS can reduce problem resolution time, decreasing the cost to address technical problems and increasing uptime. Offerings are available for Windows, Linux, IBM Systems Director, VMware, Microsoft business applications, and Lenovo System x storage devices, and IBM OEM storage devices.
The server conforms to the following standards:
- ASHRAE A3
- FCC - Verified to comply with Part 15 of the FCC Rules, Class A
- Canada ICES-003, issue 4, Class A
- UL/IEC 60950-1
- CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1
- Argentina IEC60950-1
- Japan VCCI, Class A
- Australia/New Zealand AS/NZS CISPR 22, Class A
- IEC 60950-1(CB Certificate and CB Test Report)
- China CCC (GB4943), GB9254 Class A, GB17625.1
- Taiwan BSMI CNS13438, Class A; CNS14336-1
- Korea KN22, Class A; KN24
- Russia/GOST ME01, IEC-60950-1, GOST R 51318.22, GOST R 51318.24, GOST R 51317.3.2, and GOST R 51317.3.3
- IEC 60950-1 (CB Certificate and CB Test Report)
- CE Mark (EN55022 Class A, EN60950-1, EN55024, EN61000-3-2, and EN61000-3-3)
- CISPR 22, Class A
- TUV-GS (EN60950-1 /IEC60950-1,EK1-ITB2000)
- RoHS compliance (Directive 2002/95/EC)
External drive enclosures
The server supports attachment to external drive enclosures using a RAID controller with external ports or a SAS host bus adapter. Adapters supported by the server are listed in the SAS adapters for external storage section.
The following table lists the 6 Gbps SAS external drive enclosures that are offered by Lenovo that can be used with the server for storage expansion.
|64111B1||Lenovo Storage E1012 LFF Disk Expansion Single SAS IO Module, Rail Kit, 9x5 NBD|
|64111B2||Lenovo Storage E1012 LFF Disk Expansion Dual SAS IO Module, Rail Kit, 9x5 NBD|
|64111B3||Lenovo Storage E1024 SFF Disk Expansion Single SAS IO Module, Rail Kit, 9x5 NBD|
|64111B4||Lenovo Storage E1024 SFF Disk Expansion Dual SAS IO Module, Rail Kit, 9x5 NBD|
For details about supported drives and cables for the Lenovo Storage E1012 and E1024, see the Lenovo Press Product Guide:
The following table lists the 12 Gbps SAS external drive enclosures offered by Lenovo that can be used with the server for storage expansion.
Note: Information provided in this section is for ordering reference purposes only. For the operating system and adapter support details, refer to the interoperability matrix for a particular storage enclosure that can be found on the Lenovo Data Center Support web site:
|Lenovo Storage D1212 LFF Disk Expansion with Dual SAS IO Modules||4587A11||4587A1J||4587A1C|
|Lenovo Storage D1224 SFF Disk Expansion with Dual SAS IO Modules||4587A31||4587A3J||4587A3C|
|Lenovo Storage D3284 4TB x 84 HD Expansion Enclosure||641311F|
|Lenovo Storage D3284 6TB x 84 HD Expansion Enclosure||641312F|
|Lenovo Storage D3284 8TB x 84 HD Expansion Enclosure||641313F|
|Lenovo Storage D3284 10TB x 84 HD Expansion Enclosure||641314F|
For details about supported drives, adapters, and cables, see the following Lenovo Press Product Guides:
External disk storage systems
Lenovo offers the ThinkSystem DE Series and ThinkSystem DM Series external storage systems for high-performance storage. See the DE Series and DM Series product guides for specific controller models, expansion enclosures and configuration options:
- ThinkSystem DE Series Storage
- ThinkSystem DM Series Storage
External backup units
The following table lists the external backup options that are offered by Lenovo.
|External RDX USB drives|
|4T27A10725||ThinkSystem RDX External USB 3.0 Dock|
|External SAS tape backup drives|
|6160S7E||IBM TS2270 Tape Drive Model H7S|
|6160S8E||IBM TS2280 Tape Drive Model H8S|
|6160S9E||IBM TS2290 Tape Drive Model H9S|
|External SAS tape backup autoloaders|
|6171S7R||IBM TS2900 Tape Autoloader w/LTO7 HH SAS|
|6171S8R||IBM TS2900 Tape Autoloader w/LTO8 HH SAS|
|6171S9R||IBM TS2900 Tape Autoloader w/LTO9 HH SAS|
|External tape backup libraries|
|6741A1F||IBM TS4300 3U Tape Library-Base Unit|
|6741A3F||IBM TS4300 3U Tape Library-Expansion Unit|
|Full High 8 Gb Fibre Channel for TS4300|
|01KP938||LTO 7 FH Fibre Channel Drive|
|01KP954||LTO 8 FH Fibre Channel Drive|
|02JH837||LTO 9 FH Fibre Channel Drive|
|Half High 8 Gb Fibre Channel for TS4300|
|01KP936||LTO 7 HH Fibre Channel Drive|
|01KP952||LTO 8 HH Fibre Channel Drive|
|02JH835||LTO 9 HH Fibre Channel Drive|
|Half High 6 Gb SAS for TS4300|
|01KP937||LTO 7 HH SAS Drive|
|01KP953||LTO 8 HH SAS Drive|
|02JH836||LTO 9 HH SAS Drive|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Backup units category:
Top-of-rack Ethernet switches
The following table lists the Ethernet LAN switches that are offered by Lenovo.
|1 Gb Ethernet Rack switches|
|7Y810011WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE0152T RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7Z320O11WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE0152TO RackSwitch (Rear to Front, ONIE)|
|7159BAX||Lenovo RackSwitch G7028 (Rear to Front)|
|7159CAX||Lenovo RackSwitch G7052 (Rear to Front)|
|7159G52||Lenovo RackSwitch G8052 (Rear to Front)|
|7165H1X||Juniper EX2300-C PoE Switch|
|7165H2X||Juniper EX2300-24p PoE Switch|
|1 Gb Ethernet Campus switches|
|7Z340011WW||Lenovo CE0128TB Switch (3-Year Warranty)|
|7Z360011WW||Lenovo CE0128TB Switch (Limited Lifetime Warranty)|
|7Z340012WW||Lenovo CE0128PB Switch (3-Year Warranty)|
|7Z360012WW||Lenovo CE0128PB Switch (Limited Lifetime Warranty)|
|7Z350021WW||Lenovo CE0152TB Switch (3-Year Warranty)|
|7Z370021WW||Lenovo CE0152TB Switch (Limited Lifetime Warranty)|
|7Z350022WW||Lenovo CE0152PB Switch (3-Year Warranty)|
|7Z370022WW||Lenovo CE0152PB Switch (Limited Lifetime Warranty)|
|10 Gb Ethernet switches|
|7159A1X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1032 RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7159B1X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1032T RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7Z330O11WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1064TO RackSwitch (Rear to Front, ONIE)|
|7159C1X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1072T RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7159CRW||Lenovo RackSwitch G8272 (Rear to Front)|
|7159GR6||Lenovo RackSwitch G8296 (Rear to Front)|
|7159BR6||Lenovo RackSwitch G8124E (Rear to Front)|
|25 Gb Ethernet switches|
|7159E1X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE2572 RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7Z210O21WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE2572O RackSwitch (Rear to Front, ONIE)|
|7Z330O21WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE2580O RackSwitch (Rear to Front, ONIE)|
|100 Gb Ethernet switches|
|7159D1X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE10032 RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7Z210O11WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE10032O RackSwitch (Rear to Front, ONIE)|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the following switch categories:
- 1 Gb Ethernet switches: http://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/1gb?rt=product-guide
- 10 Gb Ethernet switches: http://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/10gb?rt=product-guide
- 25 Gb Ethernet switches: http://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/25gb?rt=product-guide
- 40 Gb Ethernet switches: http://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/40gb?rt=product-guide
- 100 Gb Ethernet switches: https://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/100Gb?rt=product-guide
Uninterruptible power supply units
The following table lists the uninterruptible power supply (UPS) units that are offered by Lenovo.
|55941AX||RT1.5kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC)|
|55941KX||RT1.5kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55942AX||RT2.2kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC)|
|55942KX||RT2.2kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55943AX||RT3kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC)|
|55943KX||RT3kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55945KX||RT5kVA 3U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55946KX||RT6kVA 3U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55948KX||RT8kVA 6U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55949KX||RT11kVA 6U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55948PX||RT8kVA 6U 3:1 Phase Rack or Tower UPS (380-415VAC)|
|55949PX||RT11kVA 6U 3:1 Phase Rack or Tower UPS (380-415VAC)|
|55943KT†||ThinkSystem RT3kVA 2U Standard UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A, 2x GB 10A, 1x C19 16A outlets)|
|55943LT†||ThinkSystem RT3kVA 2U Long Backup UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A, 2x GB 10A, 1x C19 16A outlets)|
|55946KT†||ThinkSystem RT6kVA 5U UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A outlets, 1x Terminal Block output)|
|5594XKT†||ThinkSystem RT10kVA 5U UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A outlets, 1x Terminal Block output)|
† Only available in China and the Asia Pacific market.
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the UPS category:
Power distribution units
The following table lists the power distribution units (PDUs) that are offered by Lenovo.
|0U Basic PDUs|
|00YJ776||ATZY||0U 36 C13/6 C19 24A 1 Phase PDU||N||Y||Y||N||N||N||N||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N|
|00YJ779||ATZX||0U 21 C13/12 C19 48A 3 Phase PDU||N||N||Y||N||N||N||Y||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N|
|00YJ777||ATZZ||0U 36 C13/6 C19 32A 1 Phase PDU||Y||Y||N||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||N||Y||Y|
|00YJ778||AU00||0U 21 C13/12 C19 32A 3 Phase PDU||Y||Y||N||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||N||Y||Y|
|0U Switched and Monitored PDUs|
|00YJ783||AU04||0U 12 C13/12 C19 Switched and Monitored 48A 3 Phase PDU||N||N||Y||N||N||N||Y||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N|
|00YJ781||AU03||0U 20 C13/4 C19 Switched and Monitored 24A 1 Phase PDU||N||N||Y||N||Y||N||Y||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N|
|00YJ782||AU02||0U 18 C13/6 C19 Switched and Monitored 32A 3 Phase PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||Y||N||Y|
|00YJ780||AU01||0U 20 C13/4 C19 Switched and Monitored 32A 1 Phase PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||Y||N||Y|
|1U Switched and Monitored PDUs|
|4PU7A81117||BNDV||1U 18 C19/C13 switched and monitored 48A 3P WYE PDU - ETL||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||Y||N|
|4PU7A77467||BLC4||1U 18 C19/C13 Switched and Monitored 80A 3P Delta PDU||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||Y||N||Y||N|
|4PU7A77469||BLC6||1U 12 C19/C13 switched and monitored 60A 3P Delta PDU||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||Y||N|
|4PU7A77468||BLC5||1U 12 C19/C13 switched and monitored 32A 3P WYE PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||Y||Y||Y|
|4PU7A81118||BNDW||1U 18 C19/C13 switched and monitored 48A 3P WYE PDU - CE||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||Y||N||Y|
|46M4002||5896||1U 9 C19/3 C13 Switched and Monitored DPI PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|46M4004||5894||1U 12 C13 Switched and Monitored DPI PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|46M4003||5897||1U 9 C19/3 C13 Switched and Monitored 60A 3 Phase PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|46M4005||5895||1U 12 C13 Switched and Monitored 60A 3 Phase PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|1U Ultra Density Enterprise PDUs (9x IEC 320 C13 + 3x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|71763NU||6051||Ultra Density Enterprise C19/C13 PDU 60A/208V/3PH||N||N||Y||N||N||N||N||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N|
|71762NX||6091||Ultra Density Enterprise C19/C13 PDU Module||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|1U C13 Enterprise PDUs (12x IEC 320 C13 outlets)|
|39M2816||6030||DPI C13 Enterprise PDU Plus Module (WW)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|39Y8941||6010||DPI C13 Enterprise PDU Module (WW)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|1U C19 Enterprise PDUs (6x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|39Y8948||6060||DPI C19 Enterprise PDU Module (WW)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|39Y8923||6061||DPI Three-phase 60A/208V C19 Enterprise PDU (US)||N||N||Y||N||N||N||Y||N||N||N||Y||Y||N|
|1U Front-end PDUs (3x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|39Y8938||6002||DPI Single-phase 30A/120V Front-end PDU (US)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|39Y8939||6003||DPI Single-phase 30A/208V Front-end PDU (US)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|39Y8934||6005||DPI Single-phase 32A/230V Front-end PDU (International)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|39Y8940||6004||DPI Single-phase 60A/208V Front-end PDU (US)||Y||N||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N|
|39Y8935||6006||DPI Single-phase 63A/230V Front-end PDU (International)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|1U NEMA PDUs (6x NEMA 5-15R outlets)|
|39Y8905||5900||DPI 100-127V NEMA PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Line cords for 1U PDUs that ship without a line cord|
|40K9611||6504||4.3m, 32A/380-415V, EPDU/IEC 309 3P+N+G 3ph wye (non-US) Line Cord||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|40K9612||6502||4.3m, 32A/230V, EPDU to IEC 309 P+N+G (non-US) Line Cord||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|40K9613||6503||4.3m, 63A/230V, EPDU to IEC 309 P+N+G (non-US) Line Cord||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|40K9614||6500||4.3m, 30A/208V, EPDU to NEMA L6-30P (US) Line Cord||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|40K9615||6501||4.3m, 60A/208V, EPDU to IEC 309 2P+G (US) Line Cord||N||N||Y||N||N||N||Y||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N|
|40K9617||6505||4.3m, 32A/230V, Souriau UTG Female to AS/NZ 3112 (Aus/NZ) Line Cord||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|40K9618||6506||4.3m, 32A/250V, Souriau UTG Female to KSC 8305 (S. Korea) Line Cord||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
For more information, see the Lenovo Press documents in the PDU category:
The server supports the rack cabinets listed in the following table.
Table 26. Rack cabinets
|93072PX||25U Static S2 Standard Rack|
|93072RX||25U Standard Rack|
|93074RX||42U Standard Rack|
|93074XX||42U Standard Rack Extension|
|93084EX||42U Enterprise Expansion Rack|
|93084PX||42U Enterprise Rack|
|93604EX||42U 1200 mm Deep Dynamic Expansion Rack|
|93604PX||42U 1200 mm Deep Dynamic Rack|
|93614EX||42U 1200 mm Deep Static Expansion Rack|
|93614PX||42U 1200 mm Deep Static Rack|
|93624EX||47U 1200 mm Deep Static Expansion Rack|
|93624PX||47U 1200 mm Deep Static Rack|
|99564RX||S2 42U Dynamic Standard Rack|
|99564XX||S2 42U Dynamic Standard Expansion Rack|
For more information, see the list of Lenovo Press Product Guides in the Rack cabinets and options category:
KVM console options
The following table lists the supported KVM consoles, keyboards, and KVM switches.
|17238BX||1U 18.5" Standard Console (without keyboard)|
|00MW310||Lenovo UltraNav Keyboard USB - US Eng|
|46W6713||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Arabic 253 RoHS v2|
|46W6714||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Belg/UK 120 RoHS v2|
|46W6715||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Chinese/US 467 RoHS v2|
|46W6716||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Czech 489 RoHS v2|
|46W6717||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Danish 159 RoHS v2|
|46W6718||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Dutch 143 RoHS v2|
|46W6719||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - French 189 RoHS v2|
|46W6720||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Fr/Canada 445 RoHS v2|
|46W6721||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - German 129 RoHS v2|
|46W6722||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Greek 219 RoHS v2|
|46W6723||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Hebrew 212 RoHS v2|
|46W6724||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Hungarian 208 RoHS v2|
|46W6725||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Italian 141 RoHS v2|
|46W6726||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Japanese 194 RoHS v2|
|46W6727||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Korean 413 RoHS v2|
|46W6728||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - LA Span 171 RoHS v2|
|46W6729||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Norwegian 155 RoHS v2|
|46W6730||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Polish 214 RoHS v2|
|46W6731||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Portuguese 163 RoHS v2|
|46W6732||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Russian 441 RoHS v2|
|46W6733||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Slovak 245 RoHS v2|
|46W6734||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Spanish 172 RoHS v2|
|46W6735||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Swed/Finn 153 RoHS v2|
|46W6736||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Swiss F/G 150 RoHS v2|
|46W6737||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Thai 191 RoHS v2|
|46W6738||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Turkish 179 RoHS v2|
|46W6739||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - UK Eng 166 RoHS v2|
|46W6740||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - US Euro 103P RoHS v2|
|46W6741||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Slovenian 234 RoHS v2|
|1754D2X||Global 4x2x32 Console Manager (GCM32)|
|1754D1X||Global 2x2x16 Console Manager (GCM16)|
|1754A2X||Local 2x16 Console Manager (LCM16)|
|1754A1X||Local 1x8 Console Manager (LCM8)|
|Console switch cables|
|43V6147||Single Cable USB Conversion Option (UCO)|
|39M2895||USB Conversion Option (4 Pack UCO)|
|46M5383||Virtual Media Conversion Option Gen2 (VCO2)|
|46M5382||Serial Conversion Option (SCO)|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the KVM Switches and Consoles category:
Lenovo Financial Services
Lenovo Financial Services reinforces Lenovo’s commitment to deliver pioneering products and services that are recognized for their quality, excellence, and trustworthiness. Lenovo Financial Services offers financing solutions and services that complement your technology solution anywhere in the world.
We are dedicated to delivering a positive finance experience for customers like you who want to maximize your purchase power by obtaining the technology you need today, protect against technology obsolescence, and preserve your capital for other uses.
We work with businesses, non-profit organizations, governments and educational institutions to finance their entire technology solution. We focus on making it easy to do business with us. Our highly experienced team of finance professionals operates in a work culture that emphasizes the importance of providing outstanding customer service. Our systems, processes and flexible policies support our goal of providing customers with a positive experience.
We finance your entire solution. Unlike others, we allow you to bundle everything you need from hardware and software to service contracts, installation costs, training fees, and sales tax. If you decide weeks or months later to add to your solution, we can consolidate everything into a single invoice.
Our Premier Client services provide large accounts with special handling services to ensure these complex transactions are serviced properly. As a premier client, you have a dedicated finance specialist who manages your account through its life, from first invoice through asset return or purchase. This specialist develops an in-depth understanding of your invoice and payment requirements. For you, this dedication provides a high-quality, easy, and positive financing experience.
For your region-specific offers, please ask your Lenovo sales representative or your technology provider about the use of Lenovo Financial Services. For more information, see the following Lenovo website:
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
Lenovo and the Lenovo logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both. A current list of Lenovo trademarks is available on the Web at https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/legal/copytrade/.
The following terms are trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both:
The following terms are trademarks of other companies:
Intel® and Xeon® are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries.
Linux® is the trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Microsoft®, Windows Server®, and Windows® are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.