This document is the reference architecture (RA) for the Lenovo Client Virtualization (LCV) solution using VMware Horizon on ThinkSystem servers. This RA describes the software components of the solution including VMware Horizon and the VMware ESXi hypervisor. The RA shows different operational models using Lenovo ThinkSystem servers, networking and storage products with guidance on how to size each part of the solution. Some examples of different deployment models are provided together with an appendix containing the bill of materials.
Table of Contents
Appendix: Bill of materials
To view the document, click the Download PDF button.
Changes in the September 26, 2023 update:
- Removed LoginVSI Pro results for sections 4.3.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3, 4.3.4, 4.4.1, 4.4.4
- Removed Boot Storm Performance section 4.4.7
- Section 4.3.3 Added Login Enterprise results SR850 V3 with 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors
- Section 4.4.4 Added Login Enterprise results for AMD Genoa
- Added the Bill of Materials (BOM) for ThinkAgile VX655 V3