What's New - October 2018Article
This article summarizes the data center products that Lenovo announced in the month of October 2018 as part of the "18D" release.
New Server options
In October, we announced the following new server options:
- ThinkSystem KCM51V Mainstream NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 SSDs. New Toshiba CM5 SSDs available in 2.5" and 3.5" form factors and in capacities 800 GB to 6.4 TB
- ThinkSystem Internal Half High LTO Gen8 SAS Tape Drive. New internal backup unit with a native capacity of 12 TB per cartridge (30 TB compressed)
- Lenovo ThinkSystem Server Fabric Connector. For SN550 and SN850 blade server models that don't include the fabric connector as standard, this new option enables the onboard 10Gb Ethernet connections.
- Added ML2 adapter support for the ThinkSystem SD650 water cooled server with support of the Intel X710-DA2 ML2 2x10GbE SFP+ Adapter
- Added 1610-4P NVMe Switch Adapter support on the SR570 and SR590 servers
View the server product guides that include these options:
- Lenovo ThinkSystem ST550 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR570 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR590 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR630 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR650 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR850 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR860 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR950 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SD530 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SD650 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SN550 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SN850 Server
Also updated were these reference documents:
New Networking option
Operating System support
ThinkAgile MX Certified Node
Lenovo ThinkAgile MX Certified Nodes are designed for deploying highly available, highly scalable software-defined storage from Microsoft on Lenovo enterprise platforms. The ThinkAgile MX Certified Nodes deliver fully validated and integrated Lenovo hardware and firmware that is certified with Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct (S2D) software.
In October, we announced the Lenovo ThinkAgile MX Certified Node for Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct All Flash Storage with a combination of NVMe and SATA solid-state drives for high-performance local storage.
New Brocade switch models and options
Lenovo announced new models of the Brocade switches and options for them. The new switch models come with 1-year hardware warranty and 1-year firmware support entitlement, and the firmware support entitlement extension is now included in the hardware warranty service upgrades for these models.
Also, Lenovo announced new electronic authorization licenses for optional firmware features of the Brocade switches and for the Brocade Network Advisor management software.
For more information, refer to the following product guides:
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
Lenovo and the Lenovo logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both. A current list of Lenovo trademarks is available on the Web at https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/legal/copytrade/.
The following terms are trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both:
The following terms are trademarks of other companies:
Intel® is a trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries.
Microsoft®, Windows Server®, and Windows® are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.