A new partnership between Lenovo and Commvault delivers an exciting joint solution to securing and recovering enterprise organization’s valuable data. Through Commvault’s industry-leading data protection platform and Lenovo’s award-winning server and storage options, these powerhouse organizations are redefining data protection to ensure cyber resilience for the hybrid world.
As we continue to operate in such a fast-paced and data-driven business environment, ensuring the security, accessibility, and recoverability of critical business data has never been more important. It is for this exact reason that Lenovo and Commvault have come together to deliver next gen data protection solutions that meet the needs of modern enterprise organizations.
Commvault delivers a data protection platform purpose-built for the modern world. By coupling this platform with Lenovo’s award-winning servers and storage offerings, both industry leaders are poised to provide comprehensive, cutting-edge solutions to address these critical needs efficiently and effectively.
“…Lenovo customers now have a one-stop-shop for Commvault's industry leading data protection software and SaaS solutions along with the entire Lenovo storage and compute portfolio,” said Alexander Coombes, Senior Director Global Alliances, Commvault. “Together we can deliver scalable data security solutions that help organizations prevent cyber threats while ensuring data availability and recoverability across their entire hybrid cloud environment.”
Understanding the Challenges
In an era where data is often referred to as the lifeblood of a company, businesses face an array of challenges related to data management and protection, including:
- Data Volume and Complexity: The sheer volume and complexity of data generated daily can overwhelm traditional data protection methods.
- Cybersecurity Threats: The rise in cyber threats necessitates strong data protection strategies to prevent unauthorized access, data breaches, and ransomware attacks.
- Regulatory Compliance: Adhering to various regulatory requirements concerning data storage, privacy, and security is critical for legal and ethical reasons.
- Downtime Mitigation: Minimizing downtime and ensuring business continuity in the event of a disaster or system failure is vital to maintain operations and customer trust.
Together, Lenovo and Commvault deliver joint solutions that address these challenges and provide customers the resilience and recoverability they need at a low TCO.
The Commvault Benefit
Commvault is a recognized leader in data protection and security, with 26+ years of experience and over 100,000 organizations relying on their products to protect their most valuable data.
With ransomware and cyberattacks on the rise and more pervasive and autonomous than ever, how organizations secure and protect their data needs to adapt just as quickly as the attackers are. That’s why Commvault is redefining data protection to ensure cyber resilience for the hybrid world, integrating deep security capabilities and AI-driven insights to recognize threats earlier, reducing risk and lowering cost.
Commvault enables organizations to secure, defend, and recover their data across the hybrid cloud landscape, protecting against cyber threats with:
- Foundational Security: Securing data, preventing unauthorized access, and ensuring compliance with hardened zero-trust architecture and out-of-the-box security protocols.
- Proactive Defense: Early warnings and real-time visibility enable organizations to meet threats head-on and safeguard production and backup environments.
- Faster Recovery: Enable enterprise-wide data recovery across a wide breadth of hybrid workloads with rapid efficiency.
In the recently released 2023 Gartner® Critical Capabilities Report for Enterprise Backup and Recovery Software Solutions, Commvault ranked highest in 6 out of 7 use cases:
- On-Premises and SaaS
- Hybrid/Multicloud and SaaS
- Disaster Recovery
- Ransomware Detection, Protection, and Recovery
With the broadest coverage of on-prem, SaaS, and cloud-native workloads – along with software, appliance, and SaaS offerings to fit their customers’ needs and cloud strategy - Commvault delivers simplified, enterprise-class data protection that ensures organizations can stay resilient and reduce risk – all at a lower TCO.
The Lenovo Hardware Edge
Pairing Commvault solutions with Lenovo’s award-winning hardware adds significant value to data management and protection:
- Reliability and Performance: Lenovo servers are #1 in reliability for nine years running, providing a leading platform that ensures seamless operation and optimized data processing for backup and recovery. See the ITIC Reliability Study for details
- Faster Time To Value: Lenovo solutions are defined and validated to simplify configuration and deployment and ensure compatibility and integration with Commvault software, resulting in lower TCO and faster ROI.
- Flexible Scalability: Lenovo solutions are engineered, tested and certified to grow with your business and scale based on your unique requirements.
For many customers, the performance of their servers is paramount, and as a result Lenovo has strived to design its systems to handle any workloads that our customers require. Lenovo servers have proven their leadership performance by achieving hundreds of benchmark world records since 2001, of which 459 of those world records are still current for the ThinkSystem family to this day. For details, see our benchmark summary, Lenovo ThinkSystem Servers Continue to Lead the Industry in Performance and Customer Value.
Beyond their best-in-class servers, Lenovo diligently tests, validates, and certifies all of their solutions to ensure fluid functionality and seamless integration between partner software solutions and their own hardware. By effectively certifying these joint solutions, Lenovo is also able to provide unparalleled support services throughout the solution’s lifecycle.
The Synergistic Solution
By integrating Commvault's data protection solutions with Lenovo servers and storage, this powerful combination ensures:
- Robust Data Protection: Data is safeguarded against threats and potential disasters, minimizing risk and ensuring business continuity.
- Scalability: The solution can easily grow with the organization, adapting to changing business needs without compromising performance.
- Operational Efficiency: The unified platform streamlines how data is protected and managed, enhancing efficiency and reducing operational overhead.
The collaboration between Commvault and Lenovo represents a forward-thinking approach to modern data protection. It empowers businesses to effectively safeguard their data no matter where it resides, stay compliant with regulations, and maintain uninterrupted operations in an increasingly data-centric world. This synergistic solution will be a true game-changer for businesses seeking a comprehensive and adaptable approach to data protection and business continuity.
To learn more about this exciting partnership, read the Commvault press release:
For more information, see the Commvault web site:
About the author
Chris Michael is a Product Marketing Manager within Lenovo’s Infrastructure Solutions Group (ISG) with a strong focus on the business unit’s ecosystem partnerships. His content often centers on the benefits provided by the strong collaboration between Lenovo’s servers and storage products and their synergy with partner software. He has worked within the high technology sector since 2015 and has held roles both marketing and advertising products ranging from virtual desktop infrastructure, AI/ML, commercial devices, and cloud computing.
Lenovo and the Lenovo logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both. A current list of Lenovo trademarks is available on the Web at https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/legal/copytrade/.
The following terms are trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both:
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.