Lenovo ThinkSystem DB620S 32Gb FC SAN SwitchProduct Guide
- Rack installation
- Physical specifications
- Operating environment
- Warranty and support
- Regulatory compliance
- External storage systems
- External backup units
- Rack cabinets
- Power distribution units
- Uninterruptible power supply units
- Related publications and links
- Related product families
The Lenovo ThinkSystem DB620S 32Gb FC SAN Switch provides exceptional price/performance value by delivering market-leading 32 Gb Gen 6 Fibre Channel technology and combining flexibility, simplicity, and enterprise-class functionality that supports highly virtualized environments to meet the demands of hyper-scale, private cloud storage, and growing flash-based storage environments.
Designed to enable maximum flexibility and reliability, the ThinkSystem DB620S FC SAN Switch is a compact 1U rack-mount switch that offers low-cost access to industry-leading Storage Area Network (SAN) technology while providing “pay-as-you-grow” scalability to meet the needs of an evolving storage environment.
This product guide provides essential technical and pre-sales information on the ThinkSystem DB620S FC SAN Switch, its key features and specifications, components and options, and configuration guidelines.
This guide is intended for technical specialists, sales specialists, sales engineers, IT architects, and other IT professionals who want to learn more about the ThinkSystem DB620S FC SAN Switch and consider its use in IT solutions.
How customers use ThinkSystem DB620 S
Case Study: STGT
Helping millions of Mexican travelers reach their destination:
How Soluciones Tecnológicas para la Gestión y Transformación uses Lenovo TruScale Infrastructure Services to reduce monthly costs, increase profit margins, and offer a more compelling service proposition to clients.
Changes in the August 15, 2022 update:
- New features added to the Enterprise Bundles and Integrated Routing features section.
- Fabric Vision (FV)
Introduction to the Lenovo ThinkSystem DB620S 32Gb FC SAN Switch
The Lenovo ThinkSystem DB620S FC SAN Switch provides exceptional price/performance value by delivering market-leading 32 Gb Gen 6 Fibre Channel technology and combining flexibility, simplicity, and enterprise-class functionality that supports highly virtualized environments to meet the demands of hyper-scale, private cloud storage, and growing flash-based storage environments.
Designed to enable maximum flexibility and reliability, the ThinkSystem DB620S is a compact, 1U rack-mount FC switch that offers low-cost access to industry-leading Storage Area Network (SAN) technology while providing “pay-as-you-grow” scalability to meet the needs of an evolving storage environment.
The DB620S FC SAN Switch offers 48x SFP+ ports that support 4/8/10/16/32 Gbps speeds and 4x QSFP+ ports that support 128 Gbps (4x 32 Gbps) or 4x 4/8/16/32 Gbps speeds. The DB620S FC SAN switch provides easy integration into the existing SAN environments while realizing the benefits of Gen 6 Fibre Channel connectivity, and the switch offers a rich set of standard features with the options to expand its capabilities as needed.
The DB620S FC SAN Switch features the EZSwitch Setup wizard and can be configured in Access Gateway Mode to simplify deployment. The switch provides full non-blocking performance with Ports On Demand scalability to support SAN expansion and enable long-term investment protection.
The following figure shows the Lenovo ThinkSystem DB620S 32Gb FC SAN Switch.
Did you know?
The DB620S FC SAN Switch leverages storage connectivity technologies from Brocade, a leader in Fibre Channel networking.
The DB620S FC SAN Switch offers dual functionality as either a full-fabric SAN switch or as an N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV)-enabled Access Gateway that simplifies server connectivity.
Fabric Vision technology, an extension of Gen 6 Fibre Channel, provides unprecedented insight and visibility across the SAN with powerful built-in monitoring, management, and diagnostic tools.
With Lenovo FC SAN Switch offerings, Lenovo can be your trusted partner that offers "one stop shop" and single point of contact for delivery of leading edge technologies and innovations from Lenovo and other leading IT vendors. These offerings can satisfy the wide range of your end-to-end IT infrastructure needs, including end-user devices, servers, storage, networking, services, management software, and financing.
The ThinkSystem DB620S FC SAN Switch offers the following features and benefits:
- Provides high scalability in an ultra-dense, 1U switch with 48 SFP+ ports and 4 QSFP+ ports (each QSFP+ port has 4x 32 Gb FC links for 128 Gb FC connectivity between the DB620S FC SAN switches, or it can be broken out to four links to 4/8/16/32 Gbps SWL optics in a server HBA, storage device, or another FC switch, for a total of up to 64 connections) to support high-density server virtualization, cloud architectures, and flash-based storage environments.
- Increases performance for demanding workloads with support for 128 Gbps (4x 32 Gbps) and 32 Gbps FC links.
- Simplifies end-to-end management by automating repetitive daily management tasks.
- Enables “pay-as-you-grow” scalability from single-switch fabric to full-fabric enterprise capabilities with Ports On Demand scalability.
- Optimizes fabric behavior and ensure sufficient bandwidth for mission-critical applications with advanced traffic management capabilities and adaptive networking.
- Provides proactive, non-intrusive, real-time monitoring and alerting of VM and storage I/O health and performance with VM Insight and IO Insight through integrated network sensors.
- Leverages predefined MAPS policies to automatically identify and isolate devices that cause network performance issues.
- Offers dual functionality as either a full-fabric SAN switch or as an NPIV-enabled Access Gateway (requires 48 SFP+ ports be licensed) that enhances fabric scalability and simplifies management.
- Protects existing device investments with auto-sensing 4, 8, 16, and 32 Gbit/sec capabilities and native operation with Brocade fabrics.
- Runs Fabric OS, which delivers distributed intelligence throughout the network and enables a wide range of value-added features.
- Leverages Fabric Vision technology’s powerful monitoring, management, and diagnostic tools to simplify administration, increase uptime, and reduce costs.
- Supplies a rich set of standard features at no extra cost, including fabric services, advanced zoning, adaptive networking, full fabric and access gateway operations, integrated 10 Gb FC, and diagnostic tools.
- Expands fabric capabilities with optional licensed functions, including trunking, advanced monitoring and alerting, long-distance fabrics, and FC-FC routing.
- Compresses in-flight data on up to four ports for more efficient link utilization.
- Virtualizes physical FC SAN switches and fabrics into logical entities for better flexibility, utilization, management, and efficiency.
- Allows organizations to seamlessly integrate Gen 6 Fibre Channel networks with the next generation of flash storage – NVMe over Fibre Channel – by being NVMe-ready, without a disruptive rip and replace, to achieve faster application response times and harness the performance of solid state drives for better scalability across virtual data centers with flash storage.
- Maximizes resiliency with redundant hot-swap power supplies.
- Accelerates troubleshooting with built-in advanced diagnostics tools featuring ClearLink Diagnostics with D_Ports and select adapters from QLogic and Emulex, which helps ensure optical and signal integrity for 16 Gb and 32 Gb Fibre Channel optics and cables.
For details on the latest features supported with the FC SAN Switch see the Administration Guide for the latest available Fabric OS version 9.0 and above, available from:
Components and connectors
The following figure shows the port-side view of the DB620S FC SAN Switch.
The RS-232 port is either an RJ45 or Mini-USB port, depending on the model:
- Models HC7, HC8, HC9: Mini-USB port
- All other models: RJ-45 port
The following figure shows the non-port side view of the DB620S FC SAN Switch.
The following table lists the ThinkSystem DB620S system specifications.
|Form factor||Standalone or 1U rack mount|
48x SFP+ physical ports
The number of ports that are activated is model dependent and can be upgraded with additional licenses - see the Port activation licenses section.
|FC port types||
|Data traffic types||Unicast (Class 2 and Class 3), multicast (Class 3 only), broadcast (Class 3 only)|
|Classes of service||Class 2, Class 3, Class F (inter-switch frames)|
|Standard features||Full Fabric mode, Access Gateway, Advanced Zoning, Fabric Services, 10 Gb FC, Adaptive Networking, Advanced Diagnostic Tools, Virtual Fabrics, In-flight Compression, In-flight Encryption|
|Optional features||Enterprise Bundle (ISL Trunking, Fabric Vision, Extended Fabric) or Mainframe Enterprise Bundle (ISL Trunking, Fabric Vision, Extended Fabric, FICON CUP), Integrated Routing|
|Performance||Non-blocking architecture with wire-speed forwarding of traffic:
|Cooling||Three fans built into each power supply; N+N cooling redundancy with two power supplies. Non-port to port side airflow.|
|Power supply||Two redundant hot-swap 250 W AC (100 - 240 V) power supplies (IEC 320-C14 connector).|
|Hot-swap parts||SFP+/QSFP+ transceivers, power supplies with fans.|
|Management ports||One 10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet port (UTP, RJ-45); one RS-232 port (Mini-USB for Models HC7, HC8, HC9; RJ-45 for all other models); one USB port (for additional firmware/log/configuration files storage).|
|Management interfaces||EZSwitch Setup; Web-based GUI (Web Tools); Command Line Interface (CLI); SMI-S; SNMP; REST API. Optional Brocade SANnav Management Portal and SANnav Global View, or Brocade Network Advisor.|
|Security features||Secure Socket Layer (SSL); Secure Shell (SSH); Secure Copy (SCP); Secure FTP (SFTP); user level security, Role-based Access Control (RBAC); LDAP, RADIUS, and TACACS+ authentication; access control lists (ACLs)|
|Hardware warranty||One-year customer-replaceable unit limited warranty with 9x5 next business day parts delivered.|
|Service and support||Optional service upgrades are available through Lenovo Services: 9x5 next business day onsite response, 24x7 2-hour or 4-hour onsite response, 24x7 6-hour or 24-hour committed service repair, up to 5 years of warranty coverage, 1-year or 2-year post-warranty extensions, and Basic Hardware Installation Services.|
Models HC3, HC4, HC5, HC6, HC7, HC8, HC9: One year of firmware entitlement
Optional one- and two-year firmware support extension licenses are available from Lenovo for Models HC1 and HC2. Firmware entitlement extension licenses for Models HC3, HC4, HC5, HC6, HC7, HC8, HC9 are included in the warranty service upgrades.
|Dimensions||Height: 44 mm (1.7 in.); width: 440 mm (17.3 in.); depth: 356 mm (14.0 in.)|
|Weight||Empty: 7.7 kg (17.0 lb); Fully configured: 8.5 kg (18.8 lb).|
The following table lists the ThinkSystem DB620S FC SAN Switch models.
|Models without SFPs included|
|6415-HC3||6415G3A||B3YW||ThinkSystem DB620S, 24 ports licensed, No SFPs, 2 PS, Rail Kit, 1Yr FW||1 year|
|Models with 16Gb SFPs|
|6415-HC6||6415J1A||B6BU||ThinkSystem DB620S, 24 ports licensed, 24x 16Gb SWL SFPs, 2 PS, Rail Kit, 1Yr FW||1 year|
|6415-HC9||6415L3A||BCH4||ThinkSystem DB620S, 24 ports licensed, 24x 16Gb SWL SFPs, 2 PS, Rail Kit (1yr)||1 year|
|Models with 32Gb SFPs|
|6415-HC1||6415G11||AVG2||ThinkSystem DB620S, 24 ports licensed, 24x 32Gb SWL SFPs, 2 PS, Rail Kit, 3Yr FW||3 years|
|6415-HC4||6415H11||B4QE||ThinkSystem DB620S, 24 ports licensed, 24x 32Gb SWL SFPs, 2 PS, Rail Kit, 1Yr FW||1 year|
|6415-HC7||6415L1A||BCH2||ThinkSystem DB620S, 24 ports licensed, 24x 32Gb SWL SFPs, 2 PS, Rail Kit (1yr)||1 year|
|Models with 32Gb SFPs and Enterprise Bundle|
|6415-HC2||6415G2A||AVG3||ThinkSystem DB620S, ENT Bundle, 48 ports licensed, 48x 32Gb SWL SFPs, 2 PS, Rail Kit, 3Yr FW||3 years|
|6415-HC5||6415H2A||B4QF||ThinkSystem DB620S, ENT Bundle, 48 ports licensed, 48x 32Gb SWL SFPs, 2 PS, Rail Kit, 1Yr FW||1 year|
|6415-HC8||6415L2A||BCH3||ThinkSystem DB620S, ENT Bundle, 48 ports licensed, 48x 32Gb SWL SFPs, 2 PS, Rail Kit (1yr)||1 year|
The DB620S FC SAN Switch part numbers include the following items:
- One FC SAN Switch - with transceivers included and ports activated as listed in the Port activation licenses section
- Serial cable - DB-9/RJ-45 to Mini-USB (Models HC7, HC8, and HC9) or RJ-45 (all other models)
- Rubber feet for setting up the switch as a standalone unit
- Fixed rack mount kit
- EZSwitch Setup web pointer card - https://docs.broadcom.com/doc/FOS-90x-EZSwitch-UG
- Online Documentation web pointer card
- SANNav web pointer card
The models with "ENT Bundle" in the description include the Enterprise Bundle of software features, as described in the Enterprise Bundle section.
Note: The switch comes standard without power cords; two power cables must be purchased together with the switch (see Power supplies and cables for details).
Firmware entitlement is included with the DB620S FC SAN Switch and provides 1 year or 3 years of firmware support, depending on the model, as listed in the Models section.
Firmware entitlements can be upgraded as follows:
- Models HC1 and HC2 (now withdrawn): Entitlement upgrades are available up to 7 years in 1-year or 2-year increments as listed in the following table.
- All other models: Firmware entitlement is included in any warranty service upgrades
The firmware entitlement and support extension options for Models HC1 and HC2 are listed in the following table.
|Part number||Feature code||Description|
|4ZN7A08474||B0R2||DB620S FC SAN FW Renewal, 1yr|
|4ZN7A08475||B0R3||DB620S FC SAN FW Renewal, 2yr|
The Integrated Routing feature (7S0C000HWW) and the Mainframe Enterprise Bundle (7S0C000JWW) come with their own 1-year firmware support entitlement. The options to extend entitlement for additional years of firmware support for the Integrated Routing feature and the Mainframe Enterprise Bundle are listed in the following table.
|Part number||Feature code||Description|
|7S0C000RWW||S0F9||Lenovo DB620S Mainframe Enterprise Bundle Support Extension, 2-Years|
|7S0C000YWW||S0FG||Lenovo DB620S Mainframe Enterprise Bundle Support Extension, 4-Years|
|7S0C000QWW||S0F8||Lenovo DB620S Integrated Routing Support Extension, 2-Years|
|7S0C000XWW||S0FF||Lenovo DB620S Integrated Routing Support Extension, 4-Years|
Port activation licenses
The DB620S FC SAN Switch models ship with port licenses (port activations) and transceivers as listed in the following table.
|Model||Part number||SFP+ Ports initially
activated (max 48)
|QSFP+ ports initially
activated (max 4)
|Models without SFPs included|
|Models with 16Gb SFPs|
|6415-HC6||6415J1A||24||0||24x 16Gb FC SWL SFP+|
|6415-HC9||6415L3A||24||0||24x 16Gb FC SWL SFP+|
|Models with 32Gb SFPs|
|6415-HC1||6415G11||24||0||24x 32Gb FC SWL SFP+|
|6415-HC4||6415H11||24||0||24x 32Gb FC SWL SFP+|
|6415-HC7||6415L1A||24||0||24x 32Gb FC SWL SFP+|
|Models with 32Gb SFPs and Enterprise Bundle|
|6415-HC2||6415G2A||48||0||48x 32Gb FC SWL SFP+|
|6415-HC5||6415H2A||48||0||48x 32Gb FC SWL SFP+|
|6415-HC8||6415L2A||48||0||48x 32Gb FC SWL SFP+|
For models without the full 48 SFP+ ports activated, the remaining unlicensed ports can be activated by purchasing and installing the Ports on Demand (POD) licenses that are available with or without SFP+ transceivers in 12-port increments. The following table lists the ordering information. Some licenses include transceivers as indicated.
The Four QSFP+ ports unlicensed ports on the switch can be activated by purchasing and installing the POD license that is available with or without QSFP+ transceivers.
The following table lists additional POD options for the DB620S FC SAN Switch.
|Part number||Feature code||Description||Maximum quantity|
|SFP+ POD electronic authorization licenses|
|7S0C000EWW||B3EE||Lenovo DB620S 12-Port License (No Transceivers)||2|
|SFP+ POD paper authorization licenses and bundles|
|01KN764||AVJG||DB620S 12-Port SW License (no transceivers)||2|
|4M27A36844||B6C3||DB620S 12-Port SW License with 12x 16 Gbps SWL SFP+ Transceivers||2|
|01KN760||AVG4||DB620S 12-Port SW License with 12x 32 Gbps SWL SFP+ transceivers||2|
|QSFP+ POD electronic authorization licenses|
|7S0C000FWW||B3EF||Lenovo DB620S QSFP+ Port License (No Transceivers)||1|
|QSFP+ POD paper authorization licenses and bundles|
|01KN767||AVG6||DB620S QSFP+ 4-Port SW License (no transceivers)||1|
|4M27A08819||B148||DB620S QSFP+ 4-Port SW License with 4x 128 Gbps SWL v2 transceivers||1|
Transceivers and cables
With the flexibility of the DB620S FC SAN Switch, customers can choose the following connectivity technologies:
- QSFP+ ports
- For 128 Gb (4x 32 Gb) FC links for connectivity between the DB620S FC SAN Switches, customers can use 128 Gb FC QSFP+ SWL optical transceivers for distances up to 100 meters on OM4 or up to 70 meters on OM3 50 µ multimode fiber (MMF) optic cables. For longer distances, the 128 Gb (4x 32 Gb) FC 2KM LWL QSFP+ optical transceivers can support up to 2 kilometers on single-mode fiber (SMF) cables. The 4x 32 Gb FC links per QSFP+ port can be configured as 128 Gbps parallel FC [round robin 66-bit block distribution across four lanes] or in a 128 Gbps ISL trunk group.
- For 32 Gb FC links, customers can use the 128 Gb (4x 32 Gbps) SWL QSFP+ Transceiver v2 with OM4 MMF MPO-4xLC breakout cables for distances up to 100 meters or OM3 MMF MPO-4xLC breakout cables for distances up to 70 meters.
- For 16 Gb FC links, customers can use 50 µ MMF MPO-4xLC breakout cables for connectivity to other FC SAN switches or routers (E_Port or EX_Port) by using four independent 16 Gb FC links per QSFP+ port (no ISL trunking) with the following transceivers:
- 128 Gb (4x 32 Gb) QSFP+ SWL v2 optical transceivers running at 4x 16 Gb speeds for distances up to 125 meters on OM4 or up to 100 meters on OM3 MMF cables.
- 4x 16 Gb FC QSFP+ SWL optical transceivers for distances up to 100 meters on OM4 or up to 66 meters on OM3 MMF cables.
- SFP+ ports
- For 32 Gb FC links, customers can use 32 Gb FC SFP+ SWL optical transceivers for distances up to 100 meters on OM4 or up to 70 meters on OM3 50 µ MMF cables. For longer distances, the 32 Gb FC LWL SFP+ optical transceivers can support up to 10 km on SMF cables. For extended distances, the 32 Gb FC ELWL SFP+ optical transceivers can support up to 25 kilometers on SMF cables. These transceivers can operate at 32 Gbps, 16 Gbps, or 8 Gbps speeds. (Except ELWL part number 4M27A65431 which can only operate at 32Gbps and 16 Gbps).
- For 16 Gb FC links, customers can use 16 Gb FC SFP+ SWL optical transceivers for distances up to 125 meters on OM4 or up to 100 meters on OM3 50 µ MMF cables. For longer distances, the 16 Gb FC LWL SFP+ optical transceivers can support up to 10 kilometers on SMF cables. For extended distances, the 16 Gb FC ELWL SFP+ optical transceivers can support up to 25 kilometers on SMF cables. These transceivers can operate at 16 Gbps, 8 Gbps, or 4 Gbps speeds.
- For 10 Gb FC links, customers can use 10 Gb FC SFP+ SWL transceivers for distances up to 550 meters on OM4 or up to 300 meters on OM3 50 µ MMF cables, or 10 Gb FC SFP+ LWL transceivers for distances up to 10 km on SMF cables. 10 Gb FC operations allow metro connectivity by directly utilizing a fiber optic cable between sites or by creating multiple channels on an optical cable between sites, utilizing Wave Division Multiplexing (WDM) technology (the Extended Fabric feature is NOT required for long distance 10 Gb FC connectivity).
- 1 GbE RJ-45 management port: Customers can use UTP cables for distances up to 100 meters.
The DB620S FC SAN Switch comes with SFP+ transceivers as listed in the table in the Port activation licenses section. Additional SWL, LWL, and ELWL SFP+ and SWL and LWL QSFP+ transceivers can be ordered if needed.
The following table lists the supported transceiver and cable options.
Brocade Secure transceivers: These new Secure transceivers have features to ensure that you are using genuine Brocade components to maximize performance and reliability and to help avoid issues related to counterfeit products.
|4M27A65422||BF6G||Brocade Secure 128Gb (4x 32Gb) SWL QSFP+||4|
|4M27A08820||B145||Brocade 128Gb (4x32Gbps) SWL QSFP+ Transceiver v2||4|
|4M27A09986||B26T||Brocade 128Gb (4x32Gbps) 2KM QSFP+ Transceiver||4|
|01KN805||AVGH||Brocade 4x16Gb FC-Compliant SWL QSFP+ Transceiver||4|
|32 Gb FC SFP+ transceivers|
|4M27A65416||BF69||Brocade Secure 32Gb SWL SFP+ Transceiver||48|
|4M27A65417||BF6A||Brocade Secure 32Gb SWL SFP+ Transceiver (8-pack)||6|
|4M27A65418||BF6B||Brocade Secure 32Gb LWL SFP+ Transceiver||48|
|4M27A65419||BF6C||Brocade Secure 32Gb LWL SFP+ Transceiver (8-pack)||6|
|4M27A65424||BF6D||Brocade Secure 32Gb ELWL SFP+ (25 km)***||48*|
|4M27A65431||BQQE||Brocade Secure 32Gb ELWL SFP+ V2 Transceiver (25 km)||8**|
|01KN789||AVGC||Brocade 32Gb SWL SFP+ Transceiver||48|
|01KN793||AVGD||Brocade 32Gb SWL SFP+ Transceiver (8-pack)||6|
|01KN795||AVGE||Brocade 32Gb LWL SFP+ Transceiver||48|
|01KN799||AVGF||Brocade 32Gb LWL SFP+ Transceiver (8-pack)||6|
|16 Gb FC SFP+ transceivers|
|4M27A65411||BF64||Brocade Secure 16Gb SWL SFP+||48|
|4M27A65412||BF65||Brocade Secure 16Gb SWL SFP+ 8-pack||6|
|4M27A65413||BF66||Brocade Secure 16Gb LWL SFP+ (10 km)||48|
|4M27A65414||BF67||Brocade Secure 16Gb LWL SFP+ (10 km) 8pk||6|
|4M27A65415||BF68||Brocade Secure 16Gb ELWL SFP+ (25 km)||48*|
|88Y6393||A22R||Brocade 16Gb SWL SFP+ Optical Transceiver||48|
|00MY768||ASK2||Brocade 16Gb 10km LWL SFP+ Transceiver||48|
|00MY770||ASK3||Brocade 16Gb 25km ELWL SFP+ Transceiver||48*|
|10 Gb FC SFP+ transceivers|
|4M27A65420||BF6E||Brocade Secure 10Gb FC LWL SFP+||48|
|4M27A65421||BF6F||Brocade Secure 10Gb FC SWL SFP+||48|
|00YH933||ATSY||Brocade 10Gb FC SWL SFP+ Transceiver||48|
|00YH929||ATSX||Brocade 10Gb FC LWL SFP+ Transceiver||48|
|Optical cables for 128 Gb v2 and 4x16/32 Gb FC SW QSFP+ transceivers|
|00VX003||AT2U||Lenovo 10m QSFP+ MPO-MPO OM3 MMF Cable||4|
|00VX005||AT2V||Lenovo 30m QSFP+ MPO-MPO OM3 MMF Cable||4|
|Optical breakout cables for 128 Gb v2 and 4x16/32 Gb FC SW QSFP+ transceivers|
|00FM412||A5UA||Lenovo 1m MPO-4xLC OM3 MMF Breakout Cable||4|
|00FM413||A5UB||Lenovo 3m MPO-4xLC OM3 MMF Breakout Cable||4|
|00FM414||A5UC||Lenovo 5m MPO-4xLC OM3 MMF Breakout Cable||4|
|OM3 optical cables for 16 Gb and 32 Gb FC SW SFP+ transceivers|
|00MN499||ASR5||Lenovo 0.5m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||48|
|00MN502||ASR6||Lenovo 1m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||48|
|00MN505||ASR7||Lenovo 3m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||48|
|00MN508||ASR8||Lenovo 5m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||48|
|00MN511||ASR9||Lenovo 10m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||48|
|00MN514||ASRA||Lenovo 15m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||48|
|00MN517||ASRB||Lenovo 25m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||48|
|00MN520||ASRC||Lenovo 30m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||48|
|OM4 optical cables for 16 Gb and 32 Gb FC SW SFP+ transceivers|
|4Z57A10845||B2P9||Lenovo 0.5m LC-LC OM4 MMF Cable||48|
|4Z57A10846||B2PA||Lenovo 1m LC-LC OM4 MMF Cable||48|
|4Z57A10847||B2PB||Lenovo 3m LC-LC OM4 MMF Cable||48|
|4Z57A10848||B2PC||Lenovo 5m LC-LC OM4 MMF Cable||48|
|4Z57A10849||B2PD||Lenovo 10m LC-LC OM4 MMF Cable||48|
|4Z57A10850||B2PE||Lenovo 15m LC-LC OM4 MMF Cable||48|
|4Z57A10851||B2PF||Lenovo 25m LC-LC OM4 MMF Cable||48|
|4Z57A10852||B2PG||Lenovo 30m LC-LC OM4 MMF Cable||48|
|UTP Category 6 cables (Green) for the 1 GbE RJ-45 management port|
|00WE123||AVFW||0.75m CAT6 Green Cable||1|
|00WE127||AVFX||1.0m CAT6 Green Cable||1|
|00WE131||AVFY||1.25m CAT6 Green Cable||1|
|00WE135||AVFZ||1.5m CAT6 Green Cable||1|
|00WE139||AVG0||3m CAT6 Green Cable||1|
|90Y3718||A1MT||10m CAT6 Green Cable||1|
|90Y3727||A1MW||25m CAT6 Green Cable||1|
|UTP Category 5e cables (Blue) for the 1 GbE RJ-45 management port|
|40K5679||3801||0.6m Blue Cat5e Cable||1|
|40K8785||3802||1.5m Blue Cat5e Cable||1|
|40K5581||3803||3m Blue Cat5e Cable||1|
|40K8927||3804||10m Blue Cat5e Cable||1|
|40K8930||3805||25m Blue Cat5e Cable||1|
* When using ELW SFP+ transceivers over distances over 10 km, the Extended Fabric feature that is available in the Enterprise or Mainframe Enterprise Bundle is required on a SAN switch to drive the maximum bandwidth over the extended links.
** The specific ELWL only operates at 32 Gbps and 16Gbps. Plus the ELWL is only supported in 6415-HC7/HC8/HC9 models. The Extended Fabric feature that is available in the Enterprise or Mainframe Enterprise Bundle is required on a SAN switch to drive the maximum bandwidth over the extended links.
*** ELWL Requires same optic type/part number on both ends (no-mixing) to assure interoperability.
The following table lists the cabling requirements for the switch.
|128 Gb (4x 32 Gb) Fibre Channel|
|128 Gb (4x 32 Gb) FC SWL QSFP+ v2 (4M27A08820)||FC-PI-6P
Up to 30 m with MPO-MPO MMF cables or up to 5 m with MPO-4xLC MMF breakout cables supplied by Lenovo (see Table 4)850 nm 50 µ MPO-MPO MMF cable or MPO-4xLC MMF breakout cable:
|128 Gb (4x 32 Gb) FC 2km LWL QSFP+ (4M27A09986)||FC-PI-6P
|1310 nm 9 µ SMF cable:
|32 Gb Fibre Channel|
|32 Gb FC SWL SFP+ (01KN789, 01KN793, 4M27A65416, 4M27A65417)||FC-PI-6||
Up to 30 m with LC-LC MMF cables supplied by Lenovo (see Table 4)850 nm 50 µ MMF cable:
|32 Gb FC LWL SFP+ (01KN795, 01KN799, 4M27A65418, 4M27A65419)||FC-PI-6||1310 nm 9 µ SMF cable:
|32 Gb FC ELWL SFP+ (4M27A65424/4M27A65431)||FC-PI-5||1310 nm 9 µ SMF cable:
|16 Gb Fibre Channel|
|16 Gb FC SWL SFP+ (88Y6393, 4M27A65411, 4M27A65412)||FC-PI-5||
Up to 30 m with LC-LC MMF cables supplied by Lenovo (see Table 4).850 nm 50 µ MMF cable:
|4x 16 Gb FC SWL QSFP+ (01KN805, 4M27A65413 4M27A65414)||FC-PI-5||
Up to 30 m with MPO-MPO MMF optical cables or up to 5 m with MPO-4xLC optical breakout cables supplied by Lenovo (see Table 4)850 nm 50 µ MMF cable:
|16 Gb FC LWL SFP+ (00MY768)||FC-PI-5||1310 nm 9 µ SMF cable:
|16 Gb FC ELWL SFP+ (00MY770, 4M27A65415)||FC-PI-5||1310 nm 9 µ SMF cable:
|10 Gb Fibre Channel|
|10 Gb FC SWL SFP+ (00YH933, 4M27A65421)||FC-10GFC||850 nm 50 µ MMF cable:
|10 Gb FC LWL SFP+ (00YH929, 4M27A65420)||FC-10GFC||1310 nm 9 µ SMF cable:
|10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet port||1000BASE-T||
Up to 25 m with UTP cables supplied by Lenovo (see Table 4)UTP Category 5, 5E, and 6 up to 100 meters
Enterprise Bundles and Integrated Routing features
As listed in the Models section, some models include a set of software features known as the Enterprise Bundle. The Enterprise Bundle is comprised of the following features:
- ISL Trunking (TRK): Allows frame-based consolidation of up to 8 inter-switch links (ISLs) into fault-tolerant and load-balanced trunks with bandwidth of up to 256 Gbps.
- Fabric Vision (FV)
- Monitoring and Alerting Policy Suite (MAPS): Provides an easy-to-use solution for policy-based threshold monitoring and alerting. MAPS proactively monitors the health and performance of any SCSI or NVMe storage infrastructure to ensure application uptime and availability. By leveraging prebuilt rule-/policy-based templates, MAPS simplifies fabric-wide threshold configuration, monitoring, and alerting. Administrators can configure the entire fabric (or multiple fabrics) at one time using common rules and policies, or customize policies for specific ports or switch elements. With Flow Vision and VM Insight, administrators set thresholds for VM flow metrics in MAPS policies in order to be notified of VM performance degradation.
- Flow Vision:
Enables administrators to identify, monitor, and analyze specific application flows in order to simplify troubleshooting, maximize performance, avoid congestion, and optimize resources. Flow Vision includes:
- Flow Monitor: Provides comprehensive visibility, automatic learning, and non-disruptive monitoring of a flow’s performance. Administrators can monitor all flows from a specific host to multiple targets or volumes, from multiple hosts to a specific target/volume, or across a specific ISL. Additionally, they can perform volume-level monitoring of specific frame types to identify resource contention or congestion that is impacting application performance. With the IO Insight capability, administrators can monitor first IO response time, IO completion time, the number of pending IOs, and IOPS metrics for a flow from a specific host to a target or volume running SCSI or NVMe over Fibre Channel traffic. With VM Insight, administrators can monitor network throughput and IO statistics for each VM.
- Flow Learning: Enables administrators to non-disruptively discover all flows that go to or come from a specific host port or a storage port, or traverse ISLs/IFLs or FCIP tunnels, to monitor fabric-wide application performance. In addition, administrators can discover top and bottom bandwidth-consuming devices and manage capacity planning.
- Flow Generator: Provides a built-in traffic generator for pretesting and validating the data center infrastructure for robustness—including route verification and integrity of optics, cables, ports, back-end connections, and ISLs—before deploying applications.
- Flow Mirroring: Provides the ability to non-disruptively create copies of specific application and data flows or frame types that can be captured for in-depth analysis.
- VM Insight: Seamlessly monitors health and performance of individual Virtual Machines (VMs) to quickly identify abnormal VM behavior and enable administrators to proactively facilitate troubleshooting and fault isolation, helping to ensure performance and operational stability.
- IO Insight: Proactively monitors IO performance and behavior through integrated network sensors to gain deep insight into problems and ensure service levels. This capability non-disruptively and non-intrusively gathers IO statistics for both SCSI and NVMe traffic from any device port on a Gen 6 Fibre Channel platform, then applies this information within an intuitive, policy-based monitoring and alerting suite to configure thresholds and alarms.
- Fabric Performance Impact (FPI) Monitoring: Leverages predefined MAPS policies to automatically detect and alert administrators to different latency severity levels, and to identify slow drain devices that could impact network performance. This feature identifies various latency severity levels, pinpointing exactly which devices are causing or are impacted by a bottlenecked port, and quarantines slow drain devices automatically to prevent buffer credit starvation.
Extended Fabric (EF): Extends Fibre Channel SANs beyond 10 km distance limitations for replication and backup at full bandwidth.
Two additional feature upgrades are available as listed in the following table. One license is needed per switch.
- The Mainframe Enterprise Bundle includes:
- All features of the Enterprise Bundle as listed above
- Control Unit Port (CUP). The Control Unit Port provides an in-band management interface that the FICON host (Mainframe) can use for managing and monitoring the FC SAN switch.
- The Integrated Routing feature (FC-FC routing service) provides Fibre Channel routing between two or more fabrics without merging those fabrics.
The Enterprise Bundle and Mainframe Enterprise are mutually exclusive; that is, either Enterprise Bundle or Mainframe Enterprise Bundle can be licensed on a switch, but not both.
|Part number||Feature code||Description|
|Electronic authorization licenses|
|7S0C000GWW||B3EG||Lenovo DB620S Enterprise Bundle (TRK, FV, EF)|
|7S0C000JWW||B3EJ||Lenovo DB620S Mainframe Enterprise Bundle (TRK, FV, EF, CUP)|
|7S0C000HWW||B3EH||Lenovo DB620S Integrated Routing|
|Paper authorization licenses|
|01KN776||AVG9||Lenovo DB620S S/W, Integrated Routing|
|01KN774||AVG8||Lenovo DB620S S/W, Enterprise Bundle (TRK, FV, EF)|
|01KN778||AVGA||Lenovo DB620S S/W, Mainframe Enterprise Bundle (TRK, FV, EF, CUP)|
Lenovo offers optional Brocade SANnav™ Management Portal and SANnav Global View software license subscriptions that provide comprehensive visibility into the SAN environment, allow administrators to quickly identify, isolate, and correct problems, and accelerate administrative tasks by simplifying and automating workflows.
SANnav Management Portal is a next-generation SAN management application with a simple browser-based user interface (UI) and with a focus on streamlining common workflows, such as configuration, zoning, deployment, monitoring, troubleshooting, reporting, and analytics.
Lenovo offers the following SANnav Management Portal subscriptions:
- SANnav Management Portal Base: Designed for mid-sized SANs to manage up to 600 SAN switch ports only (SAN director ports can only be managed with the Enterprise edition).
- SANnav Management Portal Enterprise: Designed for enterprise-class SANs to manage up to 15 000 SAN switch and director ports.
SANnav Management Portal supports all Brocade SAN switches and platforms that run the Fabric OS® version 7.4 or above, including Lenovo B300, B6505, B6510, DB610S, DB620S, DB400D, DB720S, DB800D, Brocade Directors, and FC5022.
With SANnav Global View, administrators can quickly visualize the health, performance, and inventory of multiple SANnav Management Portal instances using a simple, intelligent dashboard and can easily navigate from a global view down to local environments to investigate points of interest. SANnav Global View is designed to manage up to 20 SANnav Management Portal instances.
For more information, refer to the SANnav Management Portal documentation:
The following table lists ordering information for the optional SANnav Management Portal and SANnav Global View management tools.
|Part number||Feature code||Description|
|SANnav Management Portal electronic authorization licenses|
|7S0C0010WW||S1K6||Brocade SANnav Mgmt Portal Base Edition - 1YR License 600 ports|
|7S0C0013WW||S1K8||Brocade SANnav Mgmt Portal Base Edition - 3YR License 600 ports|
|7S0C001KWW||S4MB||Brocade SANnav Mgmt Portal Base Edition - 5YR License 600 ports|
|7S0C0011WW||S1K7||Brocade SANnav Mgmt Portal Enterprise Edition - 1YR License 15K ports|
|7S0C0014WW||S1K9||Brocade SANnav Mgmt Portal Enterprise Edition - 3YR License 15K ports|
|7S0C001LWW||S4MC||Brocade SANnav Mgmt Portal Enterprise Edition - 5YR License 15K ports|
|SANnav Global View electronic authorization licenses|
|7S0C0012WW||S1D8||Brocade SANnav Global View - 1YR License|
|7S0C0015WW||S1D9||Brocade SANnav Global View - 3YR License|
|7S0C001JWW||S4MA||Brocade SANnav Global View - 5YR License|
The SANnav licenses are subscription-based with 1-year, 3-year, or 5-year software entitlement and support.
Fibre Channel standards
The SAN Switch supports the standards listed at the following web page:
Power supplies and cables
The DB620S FC SAN Switch ships with two redundant hot-swap 250 W AC power supplies. Each power supply has an IEC 309-C14 connector.
The switch comes standard without a power cord; two rack power cables or line cords must be ordered together with the switch (see the following table).
|Description||Part number||Feature code|
|Rack power cables|
|1.5m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||39Y7937||6201|
|1.8m, 10A/100-250V, 2xC13PM to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||None*||6568|
|2.8m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||4L67A08366||6311|
|2.8m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to IEC 320-C20 Rack Power Cable||39Y7938||6204|
|4.3m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||39Y7932||6263|
|10A/125V C13 to NEMA 5-15P 4.3m line cord||39Y7931||6207|
|10A/250V C13 to NEMA 6-15P 2.8m line cord||46M2592||A1RF|
|Argentina 10A/250V C13 to IRAM 2073 2.8m line cord||39Y7930||6222|
|Australia/NZ 10A/250V C13 to AS/NZ 3112 2.8m line cord||39Y7924||6211|
|Brazil 10A/125V C13 to NBR 6147 2.8m line cord||39Y7929||6223|
|China 10A/250V C13 to GB 2099.1 2.8m line cord||39Y7928||6210|
|Denmark 10A/250V C13 to DK2-5a 2.8m line cord||39Y7918||6213|
|European 10A/230V C13 to CEE7-VII 2.8m line cord||39Y7917||6212|
|India 10A/250V C13 to IS 6538 2.8m line cord||39Y7927||6269|
|Israel 10A/250V C13 to SI 32 2.8m line cord||39Y7920||6218|
|Italy 10A/250V C13 to CEI 23-16 2.8m line cord||39Y7921||6217|
|Japan 12A/125V C13 to JIS C-8303 2.8m line cord||46M2593||A1RE|
|Korea 12A/250V C13 to KETI 2.8m line cord||39Y7925||6219|
|South Africa 10A/250V C13 to SABS 164 2.8m line cord||39Y7922||6214|
|Switzerland 10A/250V C13 to SEV 1011-S24507 2.8m line cord||39Y7919||6216|
|Taiwan 10A/250V C13 to CNS 10917-3 2.8m line cord||00CG265||A53E|
|Taiwan 15A/125V C13 to CNS 10917-3 2.8m line cord||00CG267||A53F|
|United Kingdom 10A/250V C13 to BS 1363/A 2.8m line cord||39Y7923||6215|
* Available for factory-built custom configurations and solutions only.
The DB620S FC SAN Switch comes standard with the fixed rack mount kit that can be used for 4-post rack installations. If needed, the DB620S FC SAN Switch can be mounted in a 2-post rack cabinet by using the optional mid-mount rack kit that is listed in the following table.
|Description||Part number||Feature code||Maximum quantity supported|
|Lenovo DB620S Mid-mount Rack Kit||01KN770||AVG7||1|
The optional mid-mount rack kit for the DB620S FC SAN Switch is shown in the following figure.
In addition, in order for the DB620S 32Gb FC SAN Switch to meet FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Physical Security requirements the tamper-evident seals must be installed (see the following table for ordering information).
|Description||Part number||Feature code||Maximum quantity supported|
|Brocade FIPS 140-2 High Security Labels and Seals||01KN785||AVGB||1|
The DB620S FC SAN Switch has the following dimensions and weight (approximate):
- Height: 44 mm (1.7 in.)
- Width: 440 mm (17.3 in.)
- Depth: 356 mm (14.0 in.)
- Empty: 7.7 kg (17.0 lb)
- Fully configured: 8.5 kg (18.8 lb)
The DB620S FC SAN Switch is supported in the following environment:
- Air temperature:
- Operating: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
- Non-operating: -25°C to +70°C (-13°F to 158°F)
- Maximum altitude:
- Operating: 3,000 m (9,842 ft)
- Non-operating: 12,000 m (39,370 ft)
- Operating: 8% to 90% non-condensing
- Non-operating: 8% to 90% non-condensing
- Electrical power:
- Voltage range: 100 V AC - 240 V AC (nominal)
- Frequency: 50 Hz / 60 Hz (nominal)
- Power consumption:
- Idle: 155 watts
- Typical: 192 watts
- Maximum: 205 watts
- Heat dissipation:
- Idle: 529 BTU per hour
- Typical: 655 BTU per hour
- Maximum: 696 BTU per hour
- Acoustical noise emission: 65 dB
Warranty and support
The DB620S FC SAN Switch has a one-year warranty.
The standard warranty terms are customer-replaceable unit (CRU) and onsite (for field-replaceable units FRUs only) with standard call center support during normal business hours and 9x5 Next Business Day Parts Delivered.
Lenovo’s additional support services provide a sophisticated, unified support structure for your data center, with an experience consistently ranked number one in customer satisfaction worldwide. Available offerings include:
- Premier Support
Premier Support provides a Lenovo-owned customer experience and delivers direct access to technicians skilled in hardware, software, and advanced troubleshooting, in addition to the following:
- Direct technician-to-technician access through a dedicated phone line
- 24x7x365 remote support
- Single point of contact service
- End to end case management
- Third-party collaborative software support
- Online case tools and live chat support
- On-demand remote system analysis
- Warranty Upgrade (Preconfigured Support)
Services are available to meet the on-site response time targets that match the criticality of your systems.
- 3, 4, or 5 years of service coverage
- 1-year or 2-year post-warranty extensions
- Foundation Service: 9x5 service coverage with next business day onsite response
- Essential Service: 24x7 service coverage with 4-hour onsite response or 24-hour committed repair (available only in select markets)
- Advanced Service: 24x7 service coverage with 2-hour onsite response or 6-hour committed repair (available only in select markets)
- Managed Services
Lenovo Managed Services provides continuous 24x7 remote monitoring (plus 24x7 call center availability) and proactive management of your data center using state-of-the-art tools, systems, and practices by a team of highly skilled and experienced Lenovo services professionals.
Quarterly reviews check error logs, verify firmware & OS device driver levels, and software as needed. We’ll also maintain records of latest patches, critical updates, and firmware levels, to ensure you systems are providing business value through optimized performance.
- Technical Account Management (TAM)
A Lenovo Technical Account Manager helps you optimize the operation of your data center based on a deep understanding of your business. You gain direct access to your Lenovo TAM, who serves as your single point of contact to expedite service requests, provide status updates, and furnish reports to track incidents over time. In addition, your TAM will help proactively make service recommendations and manage your service relationship with Lenovo to make certain your needs are met.
- Enterprise Server Software Support
Enterprise Software Support is an additional support service providing customers with software support on Microsoft, Red Hat, SUSE, and VMware applications and systems. Around the clock availability for critical problems plus unlimited calls and incidents helps customers address challenges fast, without incremental costs. Support staff can answer troubleshooting and diagnostic questions, address product comparability and interoperability issues, isolate causes of problems, report defects to software vendors, and more.
- Health Check
Having a trusted partner who can perform regular and detailed health checks is central to maintaining efficiency and ensuring that your systems and business are always running at their best. Health Check supports Lenovo-branded server, storage, and networking devices, as well as select Lenovo-supported products from other vendors that are sold by Lenovo or a Lenovo-Authorized Reseller.
Examples of region-specific warranty terms are second or longer business day parts delivery or parts-only base warranty.
If warranty terms and conditions include onsite labor for repair or replacement of parts, Lenovo will dispatch a service technician to the customer site to perform the replacement. Onsite labor under base warranty is limited to labor for replacement of parts that have been determined to be field-replaceable units (FRUs). Parts that are determined to be customer-replaceable units (CRUs) do not include onsite labor under base warranty.
If warranty terms include parts-only base warranty, Lenovo is responsible for delivering only replacement parts that are under base warranty (including FRUs) that will be sent to a requested location for self-service. Parts-only service does not include a service technician being dispatched onsite. Parts must be changed at customer’s own cost and labor and defective parts must be returned following the instructions supplied with the spare parts.
Lenovo Service offerings are region-specific. Not all preconfigured support and upgrade options are available in every region. For information about Lenovo service upgrade offerings that are available in your region, refer to the following resources:
For service definitions, region-specific details, and service limitations, please refer to the following documents:
- Lenovo Statement of Limited Warranty for Infrastructure Solutions Group (ISG) Servers and System Storage
- Lenovo Data Center Services Agreement
Lenovo Services is a dedicated partner to your success. Our goal is to reduce your capital outlays, mitigate your IT risks, and accelerate your time to productivity.
Note: Some service options may not be available in all markets or regions. For more information, go to https://www.lenovo.com/services. For information about Lenovo service upgrade offerings that are available in your region, contact your local Lenovo sales representative or business partner.
Here’s a more in-depth look at what we can do for you:
- Asset Recovery Services
Asset Recovery Services (ARS) helps customers recover the maximum value from their end-of-life equipment in a cost-effective and secure way. On top of simplifying the transition from old to new equipment, ARS mitigates environmental and data security risks associated with data center equipment disposal. Lenovo ARS is a cash-back solution for equipment based on its remaining market value, yielding maximum value from aging assets and lowering total cost of ownership for your customers. For more information, see the ARS page, https://lenovopress.com/lp1266-reduce-e-waste-and-grow-your-bottom-line-with-lenovo-ars.
- Assessment Services
An Assessment helps solve your IT challenges through an onsite, multi-day session with a Lenovo technology expert. We perform a tools-based assessment which provides a comprehensive and thorough review of a company's environment and technology systems. In addition to the technology based functional requirements, the consultant also discusses and records the non-functional business requirements, challenges, and constraints. Assessments help organizations like yours, no matter how large or small, get a better return on your IT investment and overcome challenges in the ever-changing technology landscape.
- Design Services
Professional Services consultants perform infrastructure design and implementation planning to support your strategy. The high-level architectures provided by the assessment service are turned into low level designs and wiring diagrams, which are reviewed and approved prior to implementation. The implementation plan will demonstrate an outcome-based proposal to provide business capabilities through infrastructure with a risk-mitigated project plan.
- Basic Hardware Installation
Lenovo experts can seamlessly manage the physical installation of your server, storage, or networking hardware. Working at a time convenient for you (business hours or off shift), the technician will unpack and inspect the systems on your site, install options, mount in a rack cabinet, connect to power and network, check and update firmware to the latest levels, verify operation, and dispose of the packaging, allowing your team to focus on other priorities.
- Deployment Services
When investing in new IT infrastructures, you need to ensure your business will see quick time to value with little to no disruption. Lenovo deployments are designed by development and engineering teams who know our Products & Solutions better than anyone else, and our technicians own the process from delivery to completion. Lenovo will conduct remote preparation and planning, configure & integrate systems, validate systems, verify and update appliance firmware, train on administrative tasks, and provide post-deployment documentation. Customer’s IT teams leverage our skills to enable IT staff to transform with higher level roles and tasks.
- Integration, Migration, and Expansion Services
Move existing physical & virtual workloads easily, or determine technical requirements to support increased workloads while maximizing performance. Includes tuning, validation, and documenting ongoing run processes. Leverage migration assessment planning documents to perform necessary migrations.
The DB620S FC SAN Switch conforms to the following regulations:
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- FCC Part 15, Subpart B (Class A)
- EN 55022 (CE mark) (Class A)
- EN 55024 (CE mark)
- ICES-003 (Canada) (Class A)
- AS/NZ 55022 (Australia) (Class A)
- VCCI (Japan) (Class A)
- EN 61000-3-2
- EN 61000-3-3
- EN 61000-6-1
- UL/CSA 60950
- EN 60950
- IEC 60950
- Environmental: EU RoHS
For end-to-end storage configuration support, refer to the Lenovo Storage Interoperation Center (LSIC):
Use the LSIC to select the known components of your configuration and then get a list all other supported combinations, with details about supported hardware, firmware, operating systems, and drivers, plus any additional configuration notes. View results on screen or export them to Excel.
External storage systems
Lenovo offers the ThinkSystem DE Series and ThinkSystem DM Series external storage systems for high-performance storage. See the DE Series and DM Series product guides for specific controller models, expansion enclosures and configuration options:
- ThinkSystem DE Series Storage
- ThinkSystem DM Series Storage
External backup units
The following table lists the external backup options that are offered by Lenovo that can be used in Lenovo FC SAN solutions.
Note: Information provided in this section is for ordering reference purposes only. End-to-end LTO Ultrium configuration support for a particular tape backup unit must be verified through the System Storage Interoperation Center (SSIC):
|External tape backup libraries|
|6741A1F||IBM TS4300 3U Tape Library-Base Unit|
|Fibre Channel backup drives for TS4300 Tape Library - Full Height|
|01KP935||LTO 6 FH Fibre Channel Drive|
|01KP938||LTO 7 FH Fibre Channel Drive|
|01KP954||LTO 8 FH Fibre Channel Drive|
|02JH837||LTO 9 FH Fibre Channel Drive|
|Fibre Channel backup drives for TS4300 Tape Library - Full Height|
|01KP933||LTO 6 HH Fibre Channel Drive|
|01KP936||LTO 7 HH Fibre Channel Drive|
|01KP952||LTO 8 HH Fibre Channel Drive|
|02JH835||LTO 9 HH Fibre Channel Drive|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Tape Autoloaders and Libraries category:
The following table lists the supported rack cabinets.
|93072RX||25U Standard Rack (1000mm)|
|93072PX||25U Static S2 Standard Rack (1000mm)|
|7D6DA007WW||ThinkSystem 42U Onyx Primary Heavy Duty Rack Cabinet (1200mm)|
|7D6DA008WW||ThinkSystem 42U Pearl Primary Heavy Duty Rack Cabinet (1200mm)|
|93604PX||42U 1200mm Deep Dynamic Rack|
|93614PX||42U 1200mm Deep Static Rack|
|93634PX||42U 1100mm Dynamic Rack|
|93634EX||42U 1100mm Dynamic Expansion Rack|
|93074RX||42U Standard Rack (1000mm)|
|7D6EA009WW||ThinkSystem 48U Onyx Primary Heavy Duty Rack Cabinet (1200mm)|
|7D6EA00AWW||ThinkSystem 48U Pearl Primary Heavy Duty Rack Cabinet (1200mm)|
|Withdrawn rack cabinets|
|201886X||11U Office Enablement Kit|
|93084PX||42U Enterprise Rack|
|93084EX||42U Enterprise Expansion Rack|
|93604EX||42U 1200mm Deep Dynamic Expansion Rack|
|93614EX||42U 1200mm Deep Static Expansion Rack|
|93074XX||42U Standard Rack Extension|
|93634BX||PureFlex System 42U Expansion Rack|
|93634DX||PureFlex System 42U Expansion Rack|
|93634AX||PureFlex System 42U Rack|
|93634CX||PureFlex System 42U Rack|
|93624PX||47U 1200mm Deep Static Rack|
|93624EX||47U 1200mm Deep Static Expansion Rack|
For specifications about these racks, see the Lenovo Rack Cabinet Reference, available from:
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Rack cabinets category:
Power distribution units
The following table lists the power distribution units (PDUs) that are offered by Lenovo.
|0U Basic PDUs|
|00YJ776||ATZY||0U 36 C13/6 C19 24A 1 Phase PDU||N||Y||Y||N||N||N||N||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N|
|00YJ779||ATZX||0U 21 C13/12 C19 48A 3 Phase PDU||N||N||Y||N||N||N||Y||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N|
|00YJ777||ATZZ||0U 36 C13/6 C19 32A 1 Phase PDU||Y||Y||N||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||N||Y||Y|
|00YJ778||AU00||0U 21 C13/12 C19 32A 3 Phase PDU||Y||Y||N||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||N||Y||Y|
|0U Switched and Monitored PDUs|
|00YJ783||AU04||0U 12 C13/12 C19 Switched and Monitored 48A 3 Phase PDU||N||N||Y||N||N||N||Y||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N|
|00YJ781||AU03||0U 20 C13/4 C19 Switched and Monitored 24A 1 Phase PDU||N||N||Y||N||Y||N||Y||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N|
|00YJ782||AU02||0U 18 C13/6 C19 Switched and Monitored 32A 3 Phase PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||Y||N||Y|
|00YJ780||AU01||0U 20 C13/4 C19 Switched and Monitored 32A 1 Phase PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||Y||N||Y|
|1U Switched and Monitored PDUs|
|4PU7A81117||BNDV||1U 18 C19/C13 switched and monitored 48A 3P WYE PDU - ETL||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||Y||N|
|4PU7A77467||BLC4||1U 18 C19/C13 Switched and Monitored 80A 3P Delta PDU||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||Y||N||Y||N|
|46M4002||5896||1U 9 C19/3 C13 Switched and Monitored DPI PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|46M4004||5894||1U 12 C13 Switched and Monitored DPI PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|46M4003||5897||1U 9 C19/3 C13 Switched and Monitored 60A 3 Phase PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|46M4005||5895||1U 12 C13 Switched and Monitored 60A 3 Phase PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|1U Ultra Density Enterprise PDUs (9x IEC 320 C13 + 3x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|71763NU||6051||Ultra Density Enterprise C19/C13 PDU 60A/208V/3PH||N||N||Y||N||N||N||N||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N|
|71762NX||6091||Ultra Density Enterprise C19/C13 PDU Module||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|1U C13 Enterprise PDUs (12x IEC 320 C13 outlets)|
|39M2816||6030||DPI C13 Enterprise PDU Plus Module (WW)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|39Y8941||6010||DPI C13 Enterprise PDU Module (WW)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|1U C19 Enterprise PDUs (6x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|39Y8948||6060||DPI C19 Enterprise PDU Module (WW)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|39Y8923||6061||DPI Three-phase 60A/208V C19 Enterprise PDU (US)||N||N||Y||N||N||N||Y||N||N||N||Y||Y||N|
|1U Front-end PDUs (3x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|39Y8938||6002||DPI Single-phase 30A/120V Front-end PDU (US)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|39Y8939||6003||DPI Single-phase 30A/208V Front-end PDU (US)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|39Y8934||6005||DPI Single-phase 32A/230V Front-end PDU (International)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|39Y8940||6004||DPI Single-phase 60A/208V Front-end PDU (US)||Y||N||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N|
|39Y8935||6006||DPI Single-phase 63A/230V Front-end PDU (International)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|1U NEMA PDUs (6x NEMA 5-15R outlets)|
|39Y8905||5900||DPI 100-127V NEMA PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Line cords for 1U PDUs that ship without a line cord|
|40K9611||6504||4.3m, 32A/380-415V, EPDU/IEC 309 3P+N+G 3ph wye (non-US) Line Cord||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|40K9612||6502||4.3m, 32A/230V, EPDU to IEC 309 P+N+G (non-US) Line Cord||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|40K9613||6503||4.3m, 63A/230V, EPDU to IEC 309 P+N+G (non-US) Line Cord||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|40K9614||6500||4.3m, 30A/208V, EPDU to NEMA L6-30P (US) Line Cord||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|40K9615||6501||4.3m, 60A/208V, EPDU to IEC 309 2P+G (US) Line Cord||N||N||Y||N||N||N||Y||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N|
|40K9617||6505||4.3m, 32A/230V, Souriau UTG Female to AS/NZ 3112 (Aus/NZ) Line Cord||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|40K9618||6506||4.3m, 32A/250V, Souriau UTG Female to KSC 8305 (S. Korea) Line Cord||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
For more information, see the Lenovo Press documents in the PDU category:
Uninterruptible power supply units
The following table lists the uninterruptible power supply (UPS) units that are offered by Lenovo.
|55941AX||RT1.5kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC)|
|55941KX||RT1.5kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55942AX||RT2.2kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC)|
|55942KX||RT2.2kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55943AX||RT3kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC)|
|55943KX||RT3kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55945KX||RT5kVA 3U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55946KX||RT6kVA 3U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55948KX||RT8kVA 6U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55949KX||RT11kVA 6U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55948PX||RT8kVA 6U 3:1 Phase Rack or Tower UPS (380-415VAC)|
|55949PX||RT11kVA 6U 3:1 Phase Rack or Tower UPS (380-415VAC)|
|55943KT†||ThinkSystem RT3kVA 2U Standard UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A, 2x GB 10A, 1x C19 16A outlets)|
|55943LT†||ThinkSystem RT3kVA 2U Long Backup UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A, 2x GB 10A, 1x C19 16A outlets)|
|55946KT†||ThinkSystem RT6kVA 5U UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A outlets, 1x Terminal Block output)|
|5594XKT†||ThinkSystem RT10kVA 5U UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A outlets, 1x Terminal Block output)|
† Only available in China and the Asia Pacific market.
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the UPS category:
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
Lenovo and the Lenovo logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both. A current list of Lenovo trademarks is available on the Web at https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/legal/copytrade/.
The following terms are trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both:
The following terms are trademarks of other companies:
Excel® and Microsoft® are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
Full Change History
Changes in the August 15, 2022 update:
- New features added to the Enterprise Bundles and optional features section.
- Fabric Vision (FV)
Changes in the July 26, 2022 update:
- New 32Gb ELWL transceiver - Transceivers and cables section:
- Brocade Secure 32Gb ELWL SFP+ V2 Transceiver (25 km), 4M27A65431
Changes in the February 1, 2022 update:
- The following transceiver has been withdrawn - Transceivers and cables section:
- Brocade 128Gb (4x32Gbps) 2KM QSFP+ Transceiver, 4M27A09986
Changes in the January 4, 2022 update:
- The following Port On-Demand upgrades have been withdrawn - Port activation licenses section:
- Lenovo DB620S 12-Port License (No Transceivers), 7S0C000EWW
- Lenovo DB620S QSFP+ Port License (No Transceivers), 7S0C000FWW
Changes in the October 11, 2021 update:
- The following models have been reactivated and are available again - Models section:
- 6415-HC4 - 24 ports licensed, 24x 32Gb transceivers installed
- 6415-HC5 - 24 ports licensed, 24x 32Gb transceivers installed, Enterprise Bundle
- 6415-HC6 - 24 ports licensed, 24x 16Gb transceivers installed
Changes in the June 29, 2021 update:
- The following transceiver is withdrawn from marketing - Transceivers and cables section:
- Brocade 32GB SWL SFP+ Transceiver, 01KN789
Changes to the May 27, 2021 update:
- Added links to the EZSwitchSetup User Guide - Related publications and links section:
Changes in the May 11, 2021 update:
- The following transceiver is now withdrawn from marketing - Transceivers and cables section:
- Brocade 16GB 10KM LW SFP Transceiver, 00MY768
Changes in the March 13, 2021 update:
- The following transceivers are now withdrawn from marketing - Transceivers and cables section:
- Brocade 10G FC SWL SFP+, 00YH933
- Brocade 10G FC LWL SFP+, 00YH929
- Brocade 128GB (4x32Gbps) SWL QSFP+ Transceiver v2, 4M27A08820
Changes in the January 26, 2021 update:
- New Brocade Secure transceivers - 128Gb, 32Gb, 16Gb and 10Gb - Transceivers and cables section
Changes in the November 6, 2020 update:
- The following model is withdrawn:
- ThinkSystem DB620S, 24 ports licensed, 24x 32Gb SWL SFPs, 2 PS, Rail Kit, 1Yr FW (6415H11, model 6415-HC4)
Changes in the September 22, 2020 update:
- The following model is withdrawn:
- ThinkSystem DB620S, 24 ports licensed, 24x 16Gb SWL SFPs, 2 PS, Rail Kit, 1Yr FW, 6415J1A
Changes in the July 14, 2020 update:
- Added Models HC7, HC8, and HC9
- Added Brocade SANnav Global View and Mgmt Portal Base and Enterprise Editions 5YR License options
- Updated Fibre Channel SAN switches: Added models announced July 14, 2020
Changes in the May 28, 2019 update:
- Added DB620S model HC6
- Added Brocade SANnav management software
- Marked withdrawn DB620S model HC1
Changes in the December 11, 2018 update:
- Added firmware support extension options for Integrated Routing and Mainframe Enterprise Bundle
- Added software support extension options for Brocade Network Advisor
- Removed withdrawn Fibre Channel SAN switches
- Updated external storage systems
Changes in the October 23, 2018 update:
- Added models with 1-year firmware entitlement
- Added electronic authorization licenses for optional firmware features
- Removed withdrawn paper authorization licenses
- Updated Fibre Channel SAN switches
Changes in the September 14, 2018 update:
- Added electronic authorization licenses for optional firmware features
- Added ThinkSystem DM Series and DE Series
- Updated FC SAN switches
- Updated Uninterruptible power supply units
- Removed withdrawn SAN switches and storage systems
Changes in the July 3, 2018 update:
- Added new Lenovo ThinkSystem DB620S switch model without transceivers included
Changes in the April 10, 2018 update:
- Added Brocade 128Gb (4x32Gbps) 2KM QSFP+ Transceiver
- Updated documentation links
Changes in the March 20, 2018 update:
- Added LC-LC OM4 cables
- Updated Hardware warranty
Changes in the November 14, 2017 update:
- Added UTP Category 5e and Category 6 cables
- Added MPO-MPO optical cables
- Added MPO-4xLC optical breakout cables
Changes in the September 19, 2017 update:
- Removed 128Gb SWL QSFP+ v1 transceiver
- Removed QSFP+ 4-Port SW License with 4x 128 Gbps SWL v1 transceivers
- Removed withdrawn Lenovo Storage S2200 and S3200
Changes in the September 5, 2017 update:
- Added Brocade 128Gb (4x32Gbps) SWL QSFP+ Transceiver v2
- Added QSFP+ 4-Port SW License with 4x 128 Gbps SWL v2 transceivers
- Updated Hardware warranty
First published: 20 June 2017