- Operating environment
- Warranty and support
- Regulatory compliance
- SAS RAID controllers and HBAs
- Uninterruptible Power Supply Units
- Power Distribution Units
- Rack cabinets
- Lenovo Financial Services
- Seller training courses
- Related publications and links
- Related product families
The Lenovo ThinkSystem D4390 Direct Attached Storage Enclosure offers newer high performance 24 Gbps SAS direct-attached drive-rich storage expansion capabilities that are designed to provide density, speed, scalability, security, and high availability for high capacity application. The D4390 delivers enterprise-class storage technology in a cost-effective dense solution with flexible drive configurations of up to 90 drives in 4U rack space and host-RAID or JBOD (“Just a Bunch Of Drives”) non-RAID host connectivity.
This product guide provides essential technical and pre-sales information on the D4390 drive enclosure offering, its key features and specifications, components and options, and configuration guidelines.
This guide is intended for technical specialists, sales specialists, sales engineers, IT architects, and other IT professionals who want to learn more about the D4390 and consider its use in IT solutions.
Changes in the November 9, 2023 update:
- Added the following new drives - Drives section
- Lenovo Storage D4390 3.5" 22TB 7.2K SAS HDD, 4XB7A90620
- Lenovo Storage D4390 15x pack 3.5" 22TB 7.2K SAS HDD, 4XB7A90621
The Lenovo ThinkSystem D4390 Direct Attached Storage Enclosure offers 24 Gbps SAS direct-attached drive-rich storage expansion capabilities that are designed to provide density, speed, scalability, security, and high availability for high capacity application. The D4390 delivers enterprise-class storage technology in a cost-effective dense solution with flexible drive configurations of up to 90 drives in 4U rack space and host-RAID or JBOD (“Just a Bunch Of Drives”) non-RAID host connectivity.
The Lenovo ThinkSystem D4390 is ideal for high capacity scratch storage for HPC simulations and object storage for unstructured data. Typical use cases also include video streaming, global file sharing, big data and analytics, video surveillance, private and hybrid clouds, and backup and archiving.
Did you know?
The Lenovo ThinkSystem D4390 supports 24 Gbps SAS connectivity, which doubles the data transfer rate compared to 12 Gbps SAS solutions to maximize performance of storage I/O-intensive applications.
With support for daisy chaining, the D4390 can be scaled up seamlessly to 3.240 PB for capacity-optimized configurations.
The Lenovo ThinkSystem D4390 Direct Attached Storage Enclosure is a single, flexible expansion platform that utilizes existing infrastructure, providing a lower TCO and immediate savings on traditional capital costs.
Key features and benefits provided by the Lenovo ThinkSystem D4390 include:
- Versatile, scalable storage expansion with dual Electronic Service Module (ESM) configurations for high availability and performance
- Flexible host connectivity to match diverse client needs for direct attach storage with support. Users are able to use either 12 Gb SAS or RAID adapters for advanced data protection. At a later date we will also introduce support for a 24Gb SAS HBA for end to end 24Gb connectivity
- Support 90x 3.5-inch large form factor (LFF) 12Gb Nearline SAS drives in a 4U rack space
- Scalability of up to 180 drives per HBA with the attachment of up to two D4390 daisy-chained high density expansion enclosures
- Flexibility in storing data on high performance SAS SSDs or capacity-optimized enterprise NL SAS HDDs; mixing and matching drive types on a single HBA to perfectly meet performance and capacity requirements for various workloads
- Support multiple host attachments (planned for 2H/2023)
The D4390 Direct Attached Storage Enclosure is designed to support a wide range of data storage requirements, from highly utilized applications to high-capacity, low usage applications.
The following SAS drives are supported by the D4390:
- High-capacity, archival-class nearline HDDs, up to 18 TB 7.2K rpm
- High performance SSDs (2.5" drive in 3.5" tray): 800 GB
Additional drives and expansion units are designed to be dynamically added with virtually no downtime (operating system dependent), helping to quickly and seamlessly respond to growing capacity demands.
The D4390 Direct Attached Storage Enclosure is designed to offer high levels of system and data availability with the following technologies:
- Dual ESMs provide redundant paths from a supported HBA to the drives in the enclosures for I/O load balancing and failover
- Dual-port drives (both HDDs and SSDs)
- Redundant hardware, including host ports, ESMs, power supplies, 5V DC/DC regulators and cooling fans
- Hot-swappable and customer replaceable components; including ESMs, power supplies, cooling fans, 5V DC/DC modules, and drives
Components and connectors
The following figures show the front of the D4390 Direct Attached Storage Enclosure.
The following figures show the rear of the D4390 Direct Attached Storage.
- The ESMs (shown in the previous figure) have additional service ports, and these ports are reserved for use by a Lenovo service technician.
- The Ethernet management ports on the ESMs are disabled.
- Fans are removed from top of the enclosure by sliding all drive panels forward and locking them in place.
The following table lists the D4390 standard system specifications.
|Form factor||4U rack mount.|
|Number of ESMs||2|
|Expansion ports||4x 24Gbps Mini-SAS HD (SFF-8674) ports per ESM.|
NL SAS HDDs and SAS SSDs. Intermix of HDDs and SSDs is supported within an enclosure.
|Drive connectivity||Dual-ported 12 Gb SAS drive attachment infrastructure.|
|Host adapters||RAID controllers:
|Host operating systems||Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 8.4, 8.5, 8.6, 9; SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 15.3, 15.4.|
|Cooling||Five 80 mm hot-swap/redundant fan modules, hot-pluggable from the top.|
|Power supply||Four hot-swap 80PLUS Titanium 1300W AC power supplies (3+1 AC100~240V, 2+2 AC200~240V)|
|Hot-swap parts||HDDs, SSDs, ESMs, 5V DC-DC modules, fans, power supplies.|
In-band SES commands.
|Warranty||Three-year limited warranty, 9x5 Next Business Day Onsite (upgradeable).|
|Service and support||Optional warranty service upgrades are available through Lenovo: Technician installed parts, 24x7 coverage, 2-hour or 4-hour response time, 6-hour or 24-hour committed repair, 1-year or 2-year warranty extensions, YourDrive YourData, hardware installation.|
|Dimensions||Height: 175.3mm (6.9 in); Width: 446mm (17.56”); Depth: 1080mm (42.52”) w/ CMA.|
|Weight||min. 45kg (95lbs); max. 118kg (260lbs) with full drive configuration.|
ThinkSystem D4390 models can be configured by using the Lenovo Data Center Solution Configurator (DCSC).
Configure-to-order (CTO) models are used to create models with factory-integrated server customizations. For CTO models, two base CTO models are available for the D4390 as listed in the following table, CTO1WW and CTOLWW:
- The CTO1WW base CTO model is for general business and is selectable by choosing General Purpose mode in DCSC.
- The CTOLWW base model is intended for High Performance Computing (HPC) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) configurations and solutions, including configurations for Lenovo Scalable Infrastructure (LeSI), and is enabled using either the HPC & AI LeSI Solutions mode or HPC & AI Hardware mode in DCSC. CTOLWW configurations can also be built using System x and Cluster Solutions Configurator (x-config).
The following table lists the relationship models of the D4390 drive enclosures.
|Machine Type/Model General purpose||Machine Type/Model for HPC and AI||Description|
|7DAHCTO1WW||7DAHCTOLWW||Lenovo ThinkSystem D4390 Direct Attached Storage|
- One chassis with the following components:
- Dual 4-port electronic service modules (ESMs)
- Six rows for drives
- Four power supplies
- Two 5V DC/DC modules
- Five cooling fan modules
- Four lift handles
- Pair - Lenovo Storage 12Gb High Density Rack Mount Kit - Rails 25"-33"
- Documentation package
- CMA (Cable Management Assembly) kit
The D4390 high density expansion enclosure supports dual electronic service module (ESM) configurations. Each ESM has four universal 12/24 Gb SAS x4 ports (Mini-SAS HD SFF-8674 connectors). These ports are used for connections to a supported SAS RAID controller or SAS HBA installed in a server and for daisy chaining the D4390 enclosures between each other.
Typical convention leverages the ports as follows:
- A, B, C ports are for upstream
- D ports for downstream
Note: Any port can be an "upstream" or "downstream" port
Up to two Lenovo ThinkSystem D4390 can be daisy-chained with support for up to 1 host server attached to the chain.
Without daisy-chaining, a standalone Lenovo ThinkSystem D4390 can support up to 1 directly attached host server.
- There is no support for intermixing chaining with D1212/D1224/D3284.
Connectivity: Please note that the only supported method to attach a non-RAID or a RAID adapter is by using a single path to each individual ESM module.
The following figures illustrate different host connectivity topologies.
The following table lists ordering information for the SAS cables that are supported with the D4390.
|Part number||Feature code||Description||Maximum quantity per one D4390|
|Connectivity cables - Mini-SAS HD Host Adapter to Expansion - 12Gb|
|00KH452||AUJY||External MiniSAS HD 8644/MiniSAS HD 8644 6M Cable||8|
|00YL849||AU18||2m External MiniSAS HD 8644/MiniSAS HD 8644 Cable||8|
|00YL850||AU19||External MiniSAS HD 8644/MiniSAS HD 8644 3M Cable||8|
|Connectivity cables - Mini-SAS HD Host Adapter to Expansion - 24Gb|
|4X97A84506||BT4K||External 24Gb miniSAS HD Cable 2 meter||8|
|4X97A84507||BT4L||External 24Gb miniSAS HD Cable 3 meter||8|
|4X97A84508||BT4M||External 24Gb miniSAS HD Cable 3.5 meter||8|
|Connectivity cables - Expansion to Expansion - 12Gb|
|00YL849||AU18||External MiniSAS HD 8644/MiniSAS HD 8644 2M Cable||2|
|00YL850||AU19||External MiniSAS HD 8644/MiniSAS HD 8644 3M Cable||2|
|00KH452||AUJY||External MiniSAS HD 8644/MiniSAS HD 8644 6M Cable||2|
|Connectivity cables - Expansion to Expansion - 24Gb|
|4X97A84506||BT4K||External 24Gb miniSAS HD Cable 2 meter||2|
|4X97A84507||BT4L||External 24Gb miniSAS HD Cable 3 meter||2|
|4X97A84508||BT4M||External 24Gb miniSAS HD Cable 3.5 meter||2|
Note: For end to end 24Gb connectivity you will need 24Gb SAS adapter and 24Gb cable to connect to D4390
- Y-cables are not supported.
The D4390 Direct Attached Storage Enclosure supports up to 90x 3.5-inch hot-swap drives. The supported drive types are NL-SAS HDDs and SAS SSDs.
The following rules apply when adding drives to a system that start with less than 90 drives:
- For HDDs, add only complete rows of 15 drives at a time starting from the back of the system (the row next to the fan modules, row 6) and moving towards the front (row1).
- A partial filled row (except the back row, row 6) of drives (less than 15) is allowed, but if additional drives are added later, the row must be filled completely before adding more drives to the next empty row.
- While SSDs are supported in any of the 90 drive slots, for lowest possible latency on the SSD drives it is recommended to use slot 1 to slot 12 on row 1.
- HDDs and SSDs can be mixed and coexist on any row in the enclosure.
- Intermixing HDDs of various sizes within a row is supported.
The following tables list drive options for the D4390 Direct Attached Storage.
|Part number||Feature code||Description||Maximum quantity per D4390|
|12 Gbps NL SAS hot-swap HDDs (15-pack)|
|4XB7A88069||BWD8||Lenovo Storage D4390 15x pack 3.5" 20TB 7.2K SAS HDD||6|
|4XB7A84545||BT4T||Lenovo Storage (15x HDD) 3.5" 18TB 7.2K NL-SAS||6|
|4XB7A84546||BT4U||Lenovo Storage (15x HDD) 3.5" 16TB 7.2K NL-SAS||6|
|4XB7A84547||BT4V||Lenovo Storage (15x HDD) 3.5" 14TB 7.2K NL-SAS||6|
|4XB7A84548||BT4W||Lenovo Storage (15x HDD) 3.5" 12TB 7.2K NL-SAS||6|
|4XB7A90621||BYP9||Lenovo Storage D4390 15x pack 3.5" 22TB 7.2K SAS HDD||6|
|12 Gbps NL SAS hot-swap HDDs (1-pack)|
|4XB7A88067||BWD6||Lenovo Storage D4390 3.5" 20TB 7.2K SAS HDD||90|
|4XB7A84144||BT4N||Lenovo Storage 3.5" 18TB 7.2K NL-SAS||90|
|4XB7A84193||BT4P||Lenovo Storage 3.5" 16TB 7.2K NL-SAS||90|
|4XB7A84194||BT4Q||Lenovo Storage 3.5" 14TB 7.2K NL-SAS||90|
|4XB7A84195||BT4R||Lenovo Storage 3.5" 12TB 7.2K NL-SAS||90|
|4XB7A90620||BYP8||Lenovo Storage D4390 3.5" 22TB 7.2K SAS HDD||90|
|12 Gbps SAS hot-swap SSDs (3 Drive Writes per Day) (1-pack)|
|4XB7A84196||BT4S||Lenovo Storage 2.5 800GB 3DWD SAS SSD||12|
Power supplies and cables
The Lenovo ThinkSystem D4390 Direct Attached Storage Enclosure supports up to four redundant hot-swap power supplies. In the Lenovo configurators power supplies are automatically derived and not individually configurable.
|Part number||Feature code||Description||Connector||Quantity supported||110V AC||220V AC||240V DC China only|
|4P57A84536||BTLH||D4390 Titanium 1300W AC-DC CSRP PSU||C14||4||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- The D4390 Titanium 1300W AC-DC CSRP power supply operates at both 230V and 110V.
- The D4390 Titanium 1300W AC-DC CSRP power supply supports AutoSensing of the input power.
- At 230V the power supplies are N+N (N=2), 2+2. If 1 or 2 PSUs fail. Unit can operate with as few 2 PSUs.
- At 110V the power supplies are N+1 (N=3), 3+1. If 1 PSU fails. Unit operates at 3 PSUs.
- Line cords and rack power cables with C13 connectors can be ordered as listed in the following table.
110V customers: If you plan to use the 1300W power supply with a 110V power source, select a power cable that is rated above 10A. Power cables that are rated at 10A or below are not supported with 110V power.
|Part number||Feature code||Description|
|Rack power cables*|
|4L67A08365||B0N4||2.0m,10A/100-250V,C13 to IEC 320-C14|
|4L67A08366||6311||2.8m,10A/100-250V,C13 to IEC 320-C14|
|39Y7938||6204||2.8m, 250V, C13 to IEC-C20|
|39Y7932||6263||4.3m,10A/100-250V,C13 to IEC 320-C14|
|4L67A08369||6570||2.0m, 13A/100-250V, C13 to C14 Jumper Cord|
|4L67A08370||6400||2.8m, 13A/100-250V, C13 to C14 Jumper Cord|
|4L67A08371||6583||4.3m, 13A/100-250V, C13 to C14 Rack Power Cable|
|4L67A76736||BEU7||2.0m, 10A/125-250 VAC, IEC 320 C19/C20 Inline Line Cord|
|81Y2375||6317||2.8m,10A/240V,C13 to CNS 10917-3 (TW)|
|90Y3016||6313||2.8m,10A/120V,C13 to NEMA 5-15P (US)|
|46M2592||A1RF||2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to NEMA 6-15P LC|
|69Y1988||6532||2.8m,10A/250V,C13 to NBR 14136(BR)|
|4L67A08357||6533||2.8m,200V,C13toJIS C8303 Japan|
|81Y2389||6531||4.3m,10A/250V,C13 to 76 CNS 10917-3Z(TW)|
|39Y7919||6216||2.8m,10A/250V,C13 to SEV1011-S24507(SW)|
|39Y7922||6214||2.8m,10A/250V,C13 to SABS 164 (ZA)|
|39Y7917||6212||2.8m,10A/230V,C13 to CEE7-VII (EU)|
|39Y7928||6210||2.8m,220-240V,C13 to GB 2099.1 (CN)|
|81Y2385||6494||4.3m,12A/220V,C13 to KSC 8305(KR)|
|4L67A08361||6373||4.3m,10A/250V,C13 to NEMA 6-15P (US)|
|39Y7920||6218||2.8m,10A/250V,C13 to SI 32(IL)|
|81Y2378||6580||4.3m,10A/220V,C13 to GB 2099.1 (CN)|
|81Y2376||6572||4.3m,10A/230V,C13 to CEE7-VII (EU)|
|81Y2382||6575||4.3m,10A/230V,C13 to DK2-5a(DK)|
|81Y2383||6574||4.3m,10A/230V,C13 to AS/NZS 3112(AU/NZ)|
|39Y7930||6222||2.8m,10A/250V,C13 to IRAM 2073 (AR)|
|81Y2381||6579||4.3m,10A/230V,C13 to SI 32 (IL)|
|81Y2379||6576||4.3m,10A/230V,C13 to SABS 164(ZA)|
|81Y2377||6577||4.3m,10A/230V,C13 to BS 1363/A(UK)|
|81Y2390||6578||4.3m,10A/230V,C13 to SEV1011-S24507(SW)|
|39Y7923||6215||2.8m,10A/250V,C13 to BS 1363/A (UK)|
|39Y7921||6217||2.8m,220-240V,C13 to CEI 23-16 (IT/CL)|
|4L67A08359||6370||4.3m,10A/125V,C13 to NEMA 5-15P (US)|
|39Y7918||6213||2.8m,10A/250V,C13 to DK2-5a(DK)|
|81Y2387||6404||4.3m,10A/250V,C13 - 2P+Gnd(BR)|
|39Y7924||6211||2.8m,10A/250V,C13 to AS/NZ 3112(AU/NZ)|
|81Y2380||6493||4.3m,10A/230V,C13 to CEI 23-16 (IT/CL)|
|4L67A08362||6495||4.3m,12A/200V,C13 to JIS C-8303 (JP)|
|39Y7925||6219||2.8m,220-240V,C13 to KETI(KR)|
|81Y2386||6567||4.3m,10A/240V,C13 to IS 6538 (IN)|
|39Y7926||6335||4.3m, 12A/100V, C13 to JIS C-8303 (Japan) Line Cord|
|23R7158||6386||2.8m, 10A/125V, C13 to CNS 10917-3 (Taiwan) Line Cord|
|81Y2374||6402||2.8m, 13A/125V, C13 to CNS 60799 (Taiwan) Line Cord|
|4L67A08363||AX8B||4.3m, 10A 125V, C13 to CNS 10917 (Taiwan) Line Cord|
|81Y2388||6530||4.3m, 13A/125V, C13 to CNS 10917 (Taiwan) Line Cord|
|00WH545||6401||2.8m, 13A/120V, C13 to NEMA 5-15P (US) Line Cord|
|4L67A08360||AX8A||4.3m, 13A/120V, C13 to NEMA 5-15P (US) Line Cord|
* Four cables are needed with the D4390 models listed in the Models section.
Due to the absence of a web interface for enclosure management and the inactivation of the RJ45 port, all enclosure management functions and services must be conducted through in-band SAS commands. To facilitate this process, Lenovo offers the Lenstor utility, which aids customers in firmware updates, log collection, overall status assessment, and all other enclosure management tasks.
The Lenstor utility is a binary executable file compatible with Linux-based operating systems, such as RedHat and SLES. Please note that this utility is exclusively designed for the ThinkSystem D4390 enclosure, allowing hosts with either non-RAID or RAID adapters installed and connected to the D4390 to interact with the enclosure(s).
To download the Lenstor utility, please visit the Lenovo Data Center Support page. Additionally, we recommend reviewing the accompanying readme file within the Lenstor utility software package for further information under Drivers & Software from same support page noted above.
The ThinkSystem D4390 is a Direct Attached Storage (DAS) enclosure that does not feature Ethernet capabilities or a web management interface. Its serial COM port is secured by a user-defined password. Provided that the host server to which the ThinkSystem D4390 is connected is secure and well-protected, the enclosure remains free from security vulnerabilities.
A fully assembled D4390 enclosure can weigh up to 100kg. To ensure a safe and efficient installation experience, the following guidelines should be observed:
- Stability is maintained by starting the installation of enclosures at the bottom of the rack.
- Rack cabinet balance can be enhanced by securing it to the floor using stabilizers.
- When installing multiple D4390 enclosures in a single rack, it is recommended to begin from the bottom and work upwards.
- To prevent a rack from tipping over while servicing drives in a rack with multiple D4390 enclosures, only one enclosure should be pulled out at a time, and pulling out multiple enclosures simultaneously should be avoided.
The D4390 system base includes the necessary railkits for seamless rack installation. Detailed railkit installation instructions can be found in the D4390 Hardware Installation and Maintenance Guide. For a quick reference, the Getting Started Guide poster, provided with the system base package, can also be consulted.
The Lenovo ThinkSystem D4390 has the following overall physical dimensions, excluding components that extend outside the standard chassis, such as EIA flanges, front security bezel (if any), and power supply handles:
- Height: 175.3mm (6.9 in)
- Width: 446mm (17.56 in)
- Depth: 1080mm (42.52 in) w/ CMA
The following table lists the detailed dimensions. See the figure below for the definition of each
|485mm||Xa = Width, to the outsides of the front EIA flanges|
|446mm||Xb = Width, to the rack rail mating surfaces|
|446mm||Xc = Width, to the outer most chassis body feature|
|175.3mm||Ya = Height, from the bottom of chassis to the top of the chassis|
|975mm||Za = Depth, from the rack flange mating surface to the rearmost I/O port surface|
|985mm||Zb = Depth, from the rack flange mating surface to the rearmost feature of the chassis body|
|985mm||Zc = Depth, from the rack flange mating surface to the rearmost feature such as power supply handle|
|35mm||Zd = Depth, from the forwardmost feature on front of EIA flange to the rack flange mating surface|
|35mm||Ze = Depth, from the front of security bezel (if applicable) or forwardmost feature to the rack flange mating surface|
The following figure illustrates the detailed dimensions.
The shipping dimensions (cardboard packaging) of the D4390 are as follows:
- Width: 625 mm (24.6 inches)
- Height: 805 mm (31.7 inches)
- Depth: 1220 mm (48 inches)
The JBOD enclosure has the following weight:
- Base configuration: 45kg (95lbs)
- Maximum weight: 118kg (260lbs)
Electrical specifications for AC input power supplies:
- Input voltage:
- 100 to 127 (nominal) Vac, 50 Hz or 60 Hz
- 200 to 240 (nominal) Vac, 50 Hz or 60 Hz
- Inlet current:
- 100 to 127Vac / 12A
- 200 to 240 Vac / 8.5A
- 240 Vdc / 6A
The D4390 expansion enclosures are supported in the following environment:
- Air temperature:
ASHRAE Class A2: 10°C to 35°C (50°F to 95°F); the maximum ambient temperature decreases by 1°C for every 300 m (984 ft) increase in altitude above 900 m (2,953 ft).
Shipment/storage: -40 °C to 60 °C (-104 °F to 140 °F)
- Maximum altitude:
- Operating: 3050 m (10,007 ft) (temperature de-rating 950m@35°C, 3050m@28°C)
- Non-operating: 12,000 m (39,370 ft)
- Relative Humidity (non-condensing):
- ASHRAE Class A2: 8% to 85%; maximum dew point: 21°C (70°F)
- Shipment/storage: 8% to 95% (no precipitation)
- The system generates the following heat:
- Maximum power load: 1930W
- Maximum Heat output: 5827.94 BTU/hour
- Idle power load: 1312 W
- Idle Heat output: 4473.9 BTU/hour
Acoustical noise emissions
- The system has the following acoustic noise emissions declaration:
- Sound power level (LWAd):
- Idling: 7.0 Bel
- Operating: 7.6 Bel
- These sound levels were measured in controlled acoustical environments according to procedures specified by ISO7779 and are reported in accordance with ISO 9296.
- The declared acoustic sound levels are based on the following configurations, which may change slightly depending on configuration/conditions.
- The declared acoustic noise levels may increase greatly, if high-power components are installed such as SSD.
- Government regulations (such as those prescribed by OSHA or European Community Directives) may govern noise level exposure in the workplace and may apply to you and your server installation. The actual sound pressure levels in your installation depend upon a variety of factors, including the number of racks in the installation; the size, materials, and configuration of the room; the noise levels from other equipment; the room ambient temperature, and employee's location in relation to the equipment. Further, compliance with such government regulations depends on a variety of additional factors, including the duration of employees' exposure and whether employees wear hearing protection. Lenovo recommends that you consult with qualified experts in this field to determine whether you are in compliance with the applicable regulations.
Shock and vibration
The system has the following vibration and shock limits:
- Operating: 278 G rms at 5 Hz to 500 Hz for 30 minutes across 3 axes
- Non-operating: 04 G rms at 2 Hz to 200 Hz for 15 minutes across 4 surfaces
- Operating: 10 G for 5 milliseconds in each direction (positive and negative X, Y, and Z axes)
- 23 kg - 31 kg: 35 G for 152 in./sec velocity change across 4 surfaces (excluding front and rear faces)
- 32 kg - 68 kg: 35 G for 136 in./sec velocity change across 4 surfaces (excluding front and rear faces)
- 69 kg – 106 kg: 25G for 118 in./sec velocity change across 4 surfaces (excluding front and rear faces)
Airborne particulates (including metal flakes or particles) and reactive gases acting alone or in combination with other environmental factors such as humidity or temperature might damage the system that might cause the system to malfunction or stop working altogether.
The following specifications indicate the limits of particulates that the system can tolerate:
- Reactive gases:
- The reactivity rate of copper coupons shall be less than 200 Angstroms per month (Å/month)
- The reactivity rate of silver coupons shall be less than 200 Å/month
- Airborne particulates:
- The room air should be continuously filtered with MERV 8 filters.
- Air entering a data center should be filtered with MERV 11 or preferably MERV 13 filters.
- The deliquescent relative humidity of the particulate contamination should be more than 60% RH
- Data centers must be free of zinc whiskers
For additional information, see the Specifications section of the Setup Guide for the system, available from the Lenovo Documents site, https://pubs.lenovo.com/
he following weight:
- Base configuration: 45kg (95lbs)
- Maximum weight: 118kg (260lbs)
Warranty and support
The Lenovo ThinkSystem D4390 has a three-year customer-replaceable unit (CRU) warranty with standard call center support during normal business hours and 9x5 Next Business Day Parts Delivered.
Lenovo’s additional support services provide a sophisticated, unified support structure for a customer's data center, with an experience consistently ranked number one in customer satisfaction worldwide.
The following Lenovo support services are available:
- Premier Support provides a Lenovo-owned customer experience and delivers direct access to technicians skilled in hardware, software, and advanced troubleshooting, in addition to the following capabilities:
- Direct technician-to-technician access through a dedicated phone line.
- 24x7x365 remote support.
- Single point of contact service.
- End to end case management.
- 3rd Party collaborative software support.
- Online case tools and live chat support.
- On-demand remote system analysis.
- Warranty Upgrades (Preconfigured Support) are available to meet the on-site response time targets that match the criticality of your systems:
- 3, 4, or 5 years of service coverage.
- 1-year or 2-year post-warranty extensions.
- Foundation Service: 9x5 service coverage with next business day onsite response, with optional YourDrive YourData.
- Essential Service: 24x7 service coverage with 4-hour onsite response or 24-hour committed repair (available only in select regions), with optional YourDrive YourData.
- Advanced Service: 24x7 service coverage with 2-hour onsite response or 6-hour committed repair (available only in select regions), with optional YourDrive YourData.
- Managed Services
Lenovo Managed Services provide continuous 24x7 remote monitoring (plus 24x7 call center availability) and proactive management of a customer's data center using state of the art tools, systems, and practices by a team of highly skilled and experienced Lenovo services professionals.
Quarterly reviews check error logs, verify firmware and operating system device driver levels, and software as needed. Lenovo will also maintain records of latest patches, critical updates, and firmware levels, to ensure customer's systems are providing business value through optimized performance.
- Technical Account Management (TAM)
A Lenovo Technical Account Manager helps customers optimize operations of their data centers based on a deep understanding of customer's business. Customers gain direct access to a Lenovo TAM, who serves as their single point of contact to expedite service requests, provide status updates, and furnish reports to track incidents over time. Also, a TAM helps proactively make service recommendations and manage service relationship with Lenovo to make certain that customer's needs are met.
- YourDrive YourData
Lenovo’s YourDrive YourData service is a multi-drive retention offering that ensures that customer's data is always under their control, regardless of the number of drives that are installed in their Lenovo server. In the unlikely event of a drive failure, customers retain possession of their drive while Lenovo replaces the failed drive part. Customer's data stays safely on customer premises, in their hands. The YourDrive YourData service can be purchased in convenient bundles with Foundation, Essential, or Advanced Service upgrades and extensions.
- Health Check
Having a trusted partner who can perform regular and detailed health checks is central to maintaining efficiency and ensuring that customer systems and business are always running at their best. Health Check supports Lenovo-branded server, storage, and networking devices, as well as select Lenovo-supported products from other vendors that are sold by Lenovo or a Lenovo-Authorized Reseller.
Some regions might have different warranty terms and conditions than the standard warranty. This is due to local business practices or laws in the specific region. Local service teams can assist in explaining region-specific terms when needed. Examples of region-specific warranty terms are second or longer business day parts delivery or parts-only base warranty.
If warranty terms and conditions include onsite labor for repair or replacement of parts, Lenovo will dispatch a service technician to the customer site to perform the replacement. Onsite labor under base warranty is limited to labor for replacement of parts that have been determined to be field-replaceable units (FRUs). Parts that are determined to be customer-replaceable units (CRUs) do not include onsite labor under base warranty.
If warranty terms include parts-only base warranty, Lenovo is responsible for delivering only replacement parts that are under base warranty (including FRUs) that will be sent to a requested location for self-service. Parts-only service does not include a service technician being dispatched onsite. Parts must be changed at customer’s own cost and labor and defective parts must be returned following the instructions supplied with the spare parts.
Lenovo support services are region-specific. Not all support services are available in every region. For information about Lenovo support services that are available in a specific region, refer to the following resources:
- Service part numbers in Data Center Solution Configurator (DCSC):
- Lenovo Services Availability Locator
For service definitions, region-specific details, and service limitations, refer to the following documents:
- Lenovo Statement of Limited Warranty for Infrastructure Solutions Group (ISG) Servers and System Storage
- Lenovo Data Center Services Agreement
Lenovo Services is a dedicated partner to your success. Our goal is to reduce your capital outlays, mitigate your IT risks, and accelerate your time to productivity.
Note: Some service options may not be available in all markets or regions. For more information, go to https://www.lenovo.com/services. For information about Lenovo service upgrade offerings that are available in your region, contact your local Lenovo sales representative or business partner.
Here’s a more in-depth look at what we can do for you:
- Asset Recovery Services
Asset Recovery Services (ARS) helps customers recover the maximum value from their end-of-life equipment in a cost-effective and secure way. On top of simplifying the transition from old to new equipment, ARS mitigates environmental and data security risks associated with data center equipment disposal. Lenovo ARS is a cash-back solution for equipment based on its remaining market value, yielding maximum value from aging assets and lowering total cost of ownership for your customers. For more information, see the ARS page, https://lenovopress.com/lp1266-reduce-e-waste-and-grow-your-bottom-line-with-lenovo-ars.
- Assessment Services
An Assessment helps solve your IT challenges through an onsite, multi-day session with a Lenovo technology expert. We perform a tools-based assessment which provides a comprehensive and thorough review of a company's environment and technology systems. In addition to the technology based functional requirements, the consultant also discusses and records the non-functional business requirements, challenges, and constraints. Assessments help organizations like yours, no matter how large or small, get a better return on your IT investment and overcome challenges in the ever-changing technology landscape.
- Design Services
Professional Services consultants perform infrastructure design and implementation planning to support your strategy. The high-level architectures provided by the assessment service are turned into low level designs and wiring diagrams, which are reviewed and approved prior to implementation. The implementation plan will demonstrate an outcome-based proposal to provide business capabilities through infrastructure with a risk-mitigated project plan.
- Basic Hardware Installation
Lenovo experts can seamlessly manage the physical installation of your server, storage, or networking hardware. Working at a time convenient for you (business hours or off shift), the technician will unpack and inspect the systems on your site, install options, mount in a rack cabinet, connect to power and network, check and update firmware to the latest levels, verify operation, and dispose of the packaging, allowing your team to focus on other priorities.
- Deployment Services
When investing in new IT infrastructures, you need to ensure your business will see quick time to value with little to no disruption. Lenovo deployments are designed by development and engineering teams who know our Products & Solutions better than anyone else, and our technicians own the process from delivery to completion. Lenovo will conduct remote preparation and planning, configure & integrate systems, validate systems, verify and update appliance firmware, train on administrative tasks, and provide post-deployment documentation. Customer’s IT teams leverage our skills to enable IT staff to transform with higher level roles and tasks.
- Integration, Migration, and Expansion Services
Move existing physical & virtual workloads easily, or determine technical requirements to support increased workloads while maximizing performance. Includes tuning, validation, and documenting ongoing run processes. Leverage migration assessment planning documents to perform necessary migrations.
The Lenovo ThinkSystem D4390 conforms to the following regulations:
• BSMI CNS 13438, Class A; CNS 14336 (Taiwan)
• CE UKCA Mark (European Union)
• CISPR 32 and 35, Class A
• EAC (Russia)
• EN55032, Class A
• FCC Part 15, Class A (United States)
• ICES-003/NMB-03, Class A (Canada)
• MSIP (Korea)
• NOM-019 (Mexico)
• RCM (Australia)
• Reduction of Hazardous Substances (ROHS)
• UL/CSA IEC 62368-1
• VCCI, Class A (Japan)
Lenovo provides end-to-end storage compatibility testing to deliver interoperability throughout the network. The Lenovo ThinkSystem D4390 supports attachment to hosts that support the RAID controllers and HBAs listed in the SAS RAID controllers and HBAs section.
Important: Information that is provided in these sections is for order reference purposes only.
For end-to-end storage configuration support, refer to the Lenovo Storage Interoperation Center (LSIC):
Use the LSIC to select the known components of your configuration and then get a list all other supported combinations, with details about supported hardware, firmware, operating systems, and drivers, plus any additional configuration notes. View results on screen or export them to Excel.
SAS RAID controllers and HBAs
The Lenovo ThinkSystem D4390 support the RAID adapters and HBAs that are listed in the following table.
- For SAS RAID controllers, the controller's firmware manages multiple I/O paths to SAS drives.
- For SAS HBAs, the host operating system runs multi-pathing software to manage multiple I/O paths.
|Part number||Description||Maximum quantity of D4390 per adapter|
|ThinkSystem RAID controllers|
|4Y37A78836||ThinkSystem RAID 940-8e 4GB Flash PCIe Gen4 12Gb||1||1|
|4Y37A78837||ThinkSystem 440-8e SAS/SATA PCIe Gen4 12Gb HBA||2||2|
|4Y37A09724||ThinkSystem 440-16e SAS/SATA PCIe Gen4 12Gb HBA||2||2|
Uninterruptible Power Supply Units
The following table lists the uninterruptible power supply (UPS) units that are offered by Lenovo.
|55941AX||RT1.5kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC)|
|55941KX||RT1.5kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55942AX||RT2.2kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC)|
|55942KX||RT2.2kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55943AX||RT3kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC)|
|55943KX||RT3kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55945KX||RT5kVA 3U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55946KX||RT6kVA 3U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55948KX||RT8kVA 6U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55949KX||RT11kVA 6U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55948PX||RT8kVA 6U 3:1 Phase Rack or Tower UPS (380-415VAC)|
|55949PX||RT11kVA 6U 3:1 Phase Rack or Tower UPS (380-415VAC)|
|55943KT†||ThinkSystem RT3kVA 2U Standard UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A, 2x GB 10A, 1x C19 16A outlets)|
|55943LT†||ThinkSystem RT3kVA 2U Long Backup UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A, 2x GB 10A, 1x C19 16A outlets)|
|55946KT†||ThinkSystem RT6kVA 5U UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A outlets, 1x Terminal Block output)|
|5594XKT†||ThinkSystem RT10kVA 5U UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A outlets, 1x Terminal Block output)|
† Only available in China and the Asia Pacific market.
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the UPS category:
Power Distribution Units
The following table lists the power distribution units (PDUs) that are offered by Lenovo.
|0U Basic PDUs|
|00YJ776||ATZY||0U 36 C13/6 C19 24A 1 Phase PDU||N||Y||Y||N||N||N||N||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N|
|00YJ779||ATZX||0U 21 C13/12 C19 48A 3 Phase PDU||N||N||Y||N||N||N||Y||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N|
|00YJ777||ATZZ||0U 36 C13/6 C19 32A 1 Phase PDU||Y||Y||N||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||N||Y||Y|
|00YJ778||AU00||0U 21 C13/12 C19 32A 3 Phase PDU||Y||Y||N||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||N||Y||Y|
|0U Switched and Monitored PDUs|
|00YJ783||AU04||0U 12 C13/12 C19 Switched and Monitored 48A 3 Phase PDU||N||N||Y||N||N||N||Y||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N|
|00YJ781||AU03||0U 20 C13/4 C19 Switched and Monitored 24A 1 Phase PDU||N||N||Y||N||Y||N||Y||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N|
|00YJ782||AU02||0U 18 C13/6 C19 Switched and Monitored 32A 3 Phase PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||Y||N||Y|
|00YJ780||AU01||0U 20 C13/4 C19 Switched and Monitored 32A 1 Phase PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||Y||N||Y|
|1U Switched and Monitored PDUs|
|4PU7A81117||BNDV||1U 18 C19/C13 switched and monitored 48A 3P WYE PDU - ETL||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||Y||N|
|4PU7A77467||BLC4||1U 18 C19/C13 Switched and Monitored 80A 3P Delta PDU||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||Y||N||Y||N|
|4PU7A77469||BLC6||1U 12 C19/C13 switched and monitored 60A 3P Delta PDU||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||Y||N|
|4PU7A77468||BLC5||1U 12 C19/C13 switched and monitored 32A 3P WYE PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||Y||Y||Y|
|4PU7A81118||BNDW||1U 18 C19/C13 switched and monitored 48A 3P WYE PDU - CE||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||Y||N||Y|
|46M4002||5896||1U 9 C19/3 C13 Switched and Monitored DPI PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|46M4004||5894||1U 12 C13 Switched and Monitored DPI PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|46M4003||5897||1U 9 C19/3 C13 Switched and Monitored 60A 3 Phase PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|46M4005||5895||1U 12 C13 Switched and Monitored 60A 3 Phase PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|1U Ultra Density Enterprise PDUs (9x IEC 320 C13 + 3x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|71763NU||6051||Ultra Density Enterprise C19/C13 PDU 60A/208V/3PH||N||N||Y||N||N||N||N||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N|
|71762NX||6091||Ultra Density Enterprise C19/C13 PDU Module||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|1U C13 Enterprise PDUs (12x IEC 320 C13 outlets)|
|39M2816||6030||DPI C13 Enterprise PDU Plus Module (WW)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|39Y8941||6010||DPI C13 Enterprise PDU Module (WW)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|1U C19 Enterprise PDUs (6x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|39Y8948||6060||DPI C19 Enterprise PDU Module (WW)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|39Y8923||6061||DPI Three-phase 60A/208V C19 Enterprise PDU (US)||N||N||Y||N||N||N||Y||N||N||N||Y||Y||N|
|1U Front-end PDUs (3x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|39Y8938||6002||DPI Single-phase 30A/120V Front-end PDU (US)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|39Y8939||6003||DPI Single-phase 30A/208V Front-end PDU (US)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|39Y8934||6005||DPI Single-phase 32A/230V Front-end PDU (International)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|39Y8940||6004||DPI Single-phase 60A/208V Front-end PDU (US)||Y||N||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N|
|39Y8935||6006||DPI Single-phase 63A/230V Front-end PDU (International)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|1U NEMA PDUs (6x NEMA 5-15R outlets)|
|39Y8905||5900||DPI 100-127V NEMA PDU||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Line cords for 1U PDUs that ship without a line cord|
|40K9611||6504||4.3m, 32A/380-415V, EPDU/IEC 309 3P+N+G 3ph wye (non-US) Line Cord||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|40K9612||6502||4.3m, 32A/230V, EPDU to IEC 309 P+N+G (non-US) Line Cord||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|40K9613||6503||4.3m, 63A/230V, EPDU to IEC 309 P+N+G (non-US) Line Cord||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|40K9614||6500||4.3m, 30A/208V, EPDU to NEMA L6-30P (US) Line Cord||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|40K9615||6501||4.3m, 60A/208V, EPDU to IEC 309 2P+G (US) Line Cord||N||N||Y||N||N||N||Y||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N|
|40K9617||6505||4.3m, 32A/230V, Souriau UTG Female to AS/NZ 3112 (Aus/NZ) Line Cord||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|40K9618||6506||4.3m, 32A/250V, Souriau UTG Female to KSC 8305 (S. Korea) Line Cord||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
For more information, see the Lenovo Press documents in the PDU category:
The following table lists the supported rack cabinets.
|7D6DA007WW||ThinkSystem 42U Onyx Primary Heavy Duty Rack Cabinet (1200mm)|
|7D6DA008WW||ThinkSystem 42U Pearl Primary Heavy Duty Rack Cabinet (1200mm)|
|93604PX||42U 1200mm Deep Dynamic Rack|
|93614PX||42U 1200mm Deep Static Rack|
|93634PX||42U 1100mm Dynamic Rack|
|93634EX||42U 1100mm Dynamic Expansion Rack|
|7D6EA009WW||ThinkSystem 48U Onyx Primary Heavy Duty Rack Cabinet (1200mm)|
|7D6EA00AWW||ThinkSystem 48U Pearl Primary Heavy Duty Rack Cabinet (1200mm)|
Note: Cabling routing will be difficult on a 1100mm rack. Recommendation is to use a 1200mm rack.
For specifications about these racks, see the Lenovo Rack Cabinet Reference, available from:
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Rack cabinets category:
Lenovo Financial Services
Lenovo Financial Services reinforces Lenovo’s commitment to deliver pioneering products and services that are recognized for their quality, excellence, and trustworthiness. Lenovo Financial Services offers financing solutions and services that complement your technology solution anywhere in the world.
We are dedicated to delivering a positive finance experience for customers like you who want to maximize your purchase power by obtaining the technology you need today, protect against technology obsolescence, and preserve your capital for other uses.
We work with businesses, non-profit organizations, governments and educational institutions to finance their entire technology solution. We focus on making it easy to do business with us. Our highly experienced team of finance professionals operates in a work culture that emphasizes the importance of providing outstanding customer service. Our systems, processes and flexible policies support our goal of providing customers with a positive experience.
We finance your entire solution. Unlike others, we allow you to bundle everything you need from hardware and software to service contracts, installation costs, training fees, and sales tax. If you decide weeks or months later to add to your solution, we can consolidate everything into a single invoice.
Our Premier Client services provide large accounts with special handling services to ensure these complex transactions are serviced properly. As a premier client, you have a dedicated finance specialist who manages your account through its life, from first invoice through asset return or purchase. This specialist develops an in-depth understanding of your invoice and payment requirements. For you, this dedication provides a high-quality, easy, and positive financing experience.
For your region-specific offers, please ask your Lenovo sales representative or your technology provider about the use of Lenovo Financial Services. For more information, see the following Lenovo website:
Seller training courses
The following sales training courses are offered for employees and partners (login required). Courses are listed in date order.
Lenovo Data Center Product Portfolio
2023-07-21 | 15 minutes | Employees and Partners
DetailsLenovo Data Center Product Portfolio
This course introduces the Lenovo data center portfolio, and covers servers, storage, storage networking, and software-defined infrastructure products. After completing this course about Lenovo data center products, you will be able to identify product types within each data center family, describe Lenovo innovations that this product family or category uses, and recognize when a specific product should be selected.Published: 2023-07-21
Length: 15 minutes
Employee link: Grow@Lenovo
Partner link: Lenovo Partner Learning
Course code: SXXW1110r6
Family Portfolio: Storage
2023-07-12 | 15 minutes | Employees and Partners
DetailsFamily Portfolio: Storage
This course covers the Lenovo storage portfolio, from tape drives used for backups and archiving all the way through high-performance storage systems. After completing this course about the Storage family, the learner will be able to identify products and features within the family, describe storage innovations that this product family uses, and recognize when a specific product should be selected.Published: 2023-07-12
Length: 15 minutes
Employee link: Grow@Lenovo
Partner link: Lenovo Partner Learning
Course code: SXSW1201r15
Positioning Lenovo Direct Attached Storage
2023-02-01 | 20 minutes | Employees and Partners
DetailsPositioning Lenovo Direct Attached Storage
Course Description: This course provides an overview of Lenovo's DAS storage products and the unique value proposition. Completing this course will allow you to help your customer understand how these products address their business needs, communicate the unique value proposition of these products, and identify the elements of an effective elevator pitch for Lenovo DAS products. Last Update: 2/1/2023Published: 2023-02-01
Length: 20 minutes
Employee link: Grow@Lenovo
Partner link: Lenovo Partner Learning
Course code: DDASP100r2
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
Lenovo and the Lenovo logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both. A current list of Lenovo trademarks is available on the Web at https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/legal/copytrade/.
The following terms are trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both:
The following terms are trademarks of other companies:
Linux® is the trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Excel® is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
Full Change History
Changes in the November 9, 2023 update:
- Added the following new drives - Drives section
- Lenovo Storage D4390 3.5" 22TB 7.2K SAS HDD, 4XB7A90620
- Lenovo Storage D4390 15x pack 3.5" 22TB 7.2K SAS HDD, 4XB7A90621
Changes in the August 7, 2023 update:
- Updated connectivity path - Host connectivity section
Changes in the July 20, 2023 update:
- Added the following new drives - Drives section
- Lenovo Storage D4390 15x pack 3.5" 20TB 7.2K SAS HDD 4XB7A88069
- Lenovo Storage D4390 3.5" 20TB 7.2K SAS HDD 4XB7A88067
Changes in the July 13, 2023 update:
- Updated power cords and line cords - Power supplies and cables section
Changes in the May 25, 2023 update:
- Updated content for "Shock and vibration" - Operating environment section
Changes in the May 23, 2023 update:
- Updated content for PSU - Power supplies and cables section
Changes in the May 18, 2023 update:
- Updated content across most sections
- Added model for HPC and AI - Models section
- 7DAHCTOLWW Lenovo ThinkSystem D4390 Direct Attached Storage
- Added System management, Security, Rack installation, Physical specifications sections
First published: March 7, 2023