The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR665 V3 using AMD® EPYC™ 9004 "Genoa" family of processor demonstrates best performance in the industry with the SAP® SD 2-tier standard application benchmark in a Microsoft Windows environment for two processor systems.
This document summarizes the SAP SD benchmark result for the ThinkSystem SR665 V3 that was published on April 25, 2023. The document lists the result, summarizes the major components of the configuration under test, and provides the link to the relevant benchmark organization’s web site for details about the result.
Lenovo’s 2-socket ThinkSystem SR665 V3 server sets New World Record and Performance bar in the industry using a pair of AMD EPYC 9004 "Genoa" family of processor for SAP SD 2-tier standard application benchmark on Windows.(1)
The benchmark result demonstrate performance gain of 62% as compared to World record publication of 69100 SD users on a Lenovo ThinkSystem SR665 server with previous generation AMD EPYC 7763 processors (2).
The SAP Standard Application SD (Sales and Distribution) Benchmark is an ERP business test that represents the critical tasks performed in real-world ERP business environments, is indicative of full business workloads of complete order processing and invoice processing, and demonstrates the ability to run both the application and database software on a single system.
Lenovo delivered the following certified result (1):
- Number of SAP SD benchmark users: 110,920
- Fully processed order line items per hour: 12,407,330
- Dialog steps per hour: 37,222,000
- SAPS: 620,370
- Average database request time (dialog/update): 7 ms / 9 ms
Configuration of the central server:
- Central server: ThinkSystem SR665 V3
- Processor: 2x AMD EPYC 9654 processor (192 cores / 384 threads, 2.4GHz)
- Cache: 64 KB L1 cache, 1,024 KB L2 cache per core, 384 MB L3 cache per processor
- 3072 GB main memory
- Operating system: Microsoft® Windows® Server 2022
- RDBMS: IBM Db2 11.5
- SAP Business Suite software: SAP enhancement package 5 for SAP ERP 6.0
Results referenced are current as of April 25, 2023. For the latest SAP benchmark results, visit: https://www.sap.com/dmc/exp/2018-benchmark-directory/#/sd.
(1) This benchmark fully complies with the SAP Benchmark Council regulations and has been audited and certified by SAP SE. Details are available at https://www.sap.com/dmc/benchmark/2023/Cert23018.pdf. The benchmark was performed at Lenovo Infrastructure Solutions Group Performance Lab in Research Triangle Park, NC, USA, by Lenovo engineers.
(2) This benchmark fully complies with the SAP Benchmark Council regulations and has been audited and certified by SAP SE. Details are available at https://www.sap.com/dmc/benchmark/2021/Cert21025.pdf. The benchmark was performed at Infrastructure Systems Performance Lab, Lenovo in Research Triangle Park, NC, USA, by Lenovo engineers.
About the ThinkSystem SR665 V3
The ThinkSystem SR665 V3 is a 2S 2U rack server built with the performance and flexibility to manage a complex set of workloads like data management, analytics, virtualization, cloud, and AI. The 256 cores of the dual 4th Gen AMD EPYC™ processors with up to 160 PCIe lanes and up to 6TB of the latest DDR5 memory, maximize the performance of this 2U server.
The SR665 V3 is designed to support today’s infrastructure and easily scale to prepare for next gen workloads. Multiple drive options using SAS/SATA and NVMe with hot-swap capabilities and XClarity system management software enable changes to be made quickly with ease. The versatile design doesn’t stop at storage, the SR665 V3 includes support for multiple options for GPU and PCIe to satisfy graphics, speed, and budget requirements.
About SAP SD
SAP SD benchmark is a test for standard sale and distribution business components on SAP ERP, which is indicative of the performance of the application and database on a specific hardware environment. For more information about the benchmark, go to https://www.sap.com/about/benchmark/appbm/erp.html.
To learn more about SAP solutions on Lenovo servers visit the following page:
For more information about the benchmark, go to http://www.sap.com/about/benchmark/appbm/erp.html
To learn more about the Lenovo ThinkSystem SR665 V3 server, visit the SR665 V3 product web page:
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
Lenovo and the Lenovo logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both. A current list of Lenovo trademarks is available on the Web at https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/legal/copytrade/.
The following terms are trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both:
The following terms are trademarks of other companies:
Microsoft® and Windows® are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.