Lenovo Converged HX Series Nutanix Appliances are designed to help you simplify IT infrastructure, reduce costs, and accelerate time to value. These hyperconverged appliances from Lenovo combine industry-leading hyperconvergence software from Nutanix with Lenovo enterprise platforms.
The Lenovo Converged HX Series appliances deliver the industry’s most feature-rich hyperconverged infrastructure to enterprise datacenters. Nutanix brings the benefits of web-scale technologies to enterprise applications through enterprise storage, data protection, infrastructure resilience, management and analytics, and security.
This product guide provides essential technical and pre-sales information on the Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance, its key features and specifications, components and options, and configuration guidelines.
This guide is intended for technical specialists, sales specialists, sales engineers, IT architects, and other IT professionals who want to learn more about the Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance and consider its use in IT solutions.
Product availability: The Converged HX Series appliances described in this product guide are withdrawn and no longer available for ordering. For currently available HX Series appliances, refer to Lenovo ThinkAgile HX Series.
Changes in the October 8 update:
- The appliances that are described in this product guide are withdrawn and no longer available for ordering.
Lenovo Converged HX Series Nutanix Appliances are designed to help you simplify IT infrastructure, reduce costs, and accelerate time to value. These hyperconverged appliances from Lenovo combine industry-leading hyperconvergence software from Nutanix with Lenovo enterprise platforms that feature Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family.
The Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance is engineered for light to medium workloads (business applications and VDI) and optimized for remote office and branch office (ROBO) environments. Starting with as few as three nodes to keep your acquisition costs down, the HX Series is capable of immense scalability as your needs grow.
The Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance is shown in the following figure.
Figure 1. Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance
Did you know?
The Lenovo Converged HX Series appliances are built on industry-leading Lenovo servers that feature enterprise-class reliability, management, and security.
The Lenovo Converged HX Series appliances deliver the industry’s most feature-rich hyperconverged infrastructure to enterprise datacenters, bringing the benefits of web-scale technologies to enterprise applications through enterprise storage, data protection, infrastructure resilience, management and analytics, and security.
The Lenovo Converged HX Series Nutanix Appliances deliver the industry’s most feature-rich hyperconverged infrastructure to enterprise datacenters (shown in the following figure). Nutanix brings the benefits of web-scale technologies to enterprise applications through enterprise storage, data protection, infrastructure resilience, management and analytics, and security.
Figure 2. HX Series hyperconverged infrastructure
The Lenovo Converged HX Series appliances offer the following key features:
- Enterprise storage
The Lenovo Converged HX Series Nutanix Appliances deliver enterprise data storage as an on-demand service by employing highly distributed software architecture. The Nutanix Software eliminates the need for traditional SAN and NAS solutions, and delivers a rich set of software-defined services that are entirely VM-centric, including snapshots, high availability, disaster recovery, deduplication and more.
- Inline and post-process compression at the sub-block level increase effective storage capacity by up to four times.
- Redirect-on-write snapshots and writeable clones at the granularity of a single VM increase efficiency.
- Distributed caching of VM data improves performance in multi-reader scenarios, such as VDI with linked clones.
- Inline deduplication in the read cache and post-process deduplication in the capacity tier improve performance and effective capacity.
- Powerful acceleration capabilities such as caching, automatic data tiering and data locality speed storage performance.
- Data protection
The Nutanix Software offers a natively integrated solution for data protection and continuous availability at VM granularity. It gives administrators an affordable range of options to meet the recovery point objectives (RPO) and recovery time objectives (RTO) for different applications.
- Unlimited local backups using VM-centric snapshots and integrated workflows delivering RPO in minutes.
- Natively integrated solution for disaster recovery enables simple VM-centric backup, recovery and replication with application-level consistency.
- Built-in Cloud Connect hybrid cloud technology enables seamless backup of data to public cloud services.
- Metro availability feature provides continuous availability of data across different sites during planned maintenance or disasters through synchronous replication.
- Support for Microsoft Volume Shadow Services (VSS), VMware vStorage API for Data Protection (VADP), and seamless integration with third-party backup providers.
- Infrastructure resilience
The platform for the Lenovo Converged HX Series Nutanix Appliances is fault resistant, with no single point of failure and no bottlenecks. The system uses a shared-nothing architecture, where all data, metadata and services are distributed to all nodes within the cluster, and is built to detect, isolate and recover from failures anywhere in the system. Lenovo hyperconverged appliances deliver always-on operation, and can survive system hardware, software and hypervisor issues and maintain 100% availability to applications and data.
- Intelligent data placement in different physical failure domains, or availability domains, (for example, separate racks or power sources) delivers greater fault tolerance.
- Data and metadata replicated across multiple nodes provide user-defined resilience against hardware failures.
- Multiple copies of data ensure 100% data availability in the event that a Nutanix controller VM is unavailable due to failure or maintenance.
- Automatic integrity checks during reads and silent at-rest error detection for data consistency.
- Management and analytics
The platform for the Lenovo Converged HX Series Nutanix Appliances marries web-scale capabilities with an intuitive user-centric management experience to simplify every aspect of the IT infrastructure lifecycle. Nutanix Prism provides a single pane of glass to monitor and control one or more Nutanix clusters, with simplified workflows and rich automation for common administrative tasks.
- Elegantly simple management framework with intuitive workflows delivers radical simplicity and powerful control to IT management.
- Single pane of glass delivers centralized visibility and management of multiple Nutanix clusters across the world.
- Rich automation and intuitive workflows simplify deployment, provisioning, orchestration and maintenance of Nutanix clusters.
- End-to-end visibility of VMs, nodes and disks and the ability to visually diagnose potential issues gives administrators total infrastructure control.
- Programmatic control of every aspect of cluster management, including deployment, upgrades, data protection, and performance management enables powerful automation.
- Streamlined management for hypervisor and virtual machines on Nutanix.
Nutanix software combines powerful features, such as two-factor authentication and data-at-rest encryption, with a security development lifecycle that is integrated into product development to help customers meet the most stringent security requirements.
- Security incorporated into every step of the software development process enables verifiably secure software releases.
- Encryption of sensitive data with self-encrypting drives (SEDs) that are FIPS 140-2 Level 2 conformant supports stringent encryption requirements.
- Two-step authentication using a client certificate and username/password, along with cluster lockdown, provides protection against unauthorized access.
Components and connectors
The following figure shows the front view of the HX1310 appliance.
Figure 3. HX1310 front view
The following figure shows the rear view of the HX1310 appliance.
Figure 4. HX1310 rear view
The following table lists the system specifications of the Converged HX1310 appliance.
|Form factor||1U Rack-mount (Machine Type 8693).|
|Processor||One processor of the Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family:
|Memory||24 DIMM sockets. Support for 16 GB and 32 GB RDIMMs. Memory speed up to 2400 MHz.|
|Memory capacity||Up to 256 GB with 8x 32 GB RDIMMs.|
|Memory protection||ECC and Chipkill.|
|Drive bays||8x 2.5-inch SAS/SATA hot-swap|
|Storage controller||1x N2215 (12 Gbps SAS/6 Gbps SATA)|
|Boot drive||1x Embedded 64 GB SSD (6 Gbps SATA DOM) connected to the onboard PCH SATA controller.|
|I/O expansion slots||Two slots. The slots are as follows:
|Cooling||Calibrated Vectored Cooling with seven redundant hot-swap system fans; two fan zones with N+1 fan redundancy.|
|Power supply||Two redundant hot-swap 750 W (100 - 240 V) High Efficiency Platinum AC power supplies.|
|Video||Matrox G200eR2 with 16 MB memory integrated into the IMM2.1. Maximum resolution is 1600x1200 at 75 Hz with 16 M colors.|
|Hot-swap parts||SSDs and HDDs, power supplies, and fans.|
|Systems management||UEFI, Integrated Management Module II (IMM2.1) (based on Renesas SH7758) with Advanced Upgrade, Predictive Failure Analysis, light path diagnostics, Lenovo XClarity, Nutanix Prism.|
|Security features||Power-on password, administrator's password, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0-ready.|
|Software||Nutanix Acropolis: Starter, Pro, and Ultimate editions.|
|Hardware warranty||Three-year or five-year customer-replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty with selectable service levels: 9x5 next business day (NBD), 24x7x4, and 24x7x2.|
|Software maintenance||Three-year or five-year software support and subscription (matches the duration of the selected warranty period).|
|Dimensions||Height: 43 mm (1.7 in), width: 434 mm (17.1 in), depth: 734 mm (28.9 in)|
|Weight||Maximum configuration: 19.3 kg (42.5 lb)|
The Converged HX Series appliances are factory-integrated offerings; they are configured by using one of the following configuration tools:
- Lenovo Enterprise Solutions Configurator (LESC):
- System x and Cluster Solutions Configurator (x-config):
During the configuration process, you are selecting one of the base models first, and then you are adding system components (processors, memory, drives, and network adapters) to the selected model according to the output from the Nutanix Sizer tool:
Note: You are required to engage a Lenovo representative in the project that includes the Lenovo Converged HX Series appliances.
The following table lists the base model of the Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance.
|HX1310 Nutanix Appliance||8693-AC1|
The following table lists the default configurations of each appliance.
|HX1310||1x E5-2630 v4||64 GB
(4x 8 GB
|1x N2215||6x 1 TB 2.5" HDDs
2x 480 GB 2.5" SSDs
1x 64 GB Embedded SSD (hypervisor)
|4x 1 GbE||2x 750 W HS|
The Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance ships with the following items:
- Documentation package
- Gen II Universal Slides Kit
- Enterprise 1U Cable Management Arm (CMA)
- Two 2.8 m IEC 320-C13 to C14 rack power cables
It is possible to perform a hardware upgrade after the initial deployment, such as adding more memory or network adapters, by purchasing the hardware upgrade option listed in the following table.
|Nutanix HW Upgrade||01KT971||1|
Configuration note: You should request a quote for the Nutanix HW Upgrade part number from Lenovo and provide additional details on the existing installation and planned upgrade.
The Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance ships with one processor. The following table lists the processor options that are available for selection.
|Intel Xeon Processor E5-2620 v4 8C 2.1GHz 20MB Cache 2133MHz 85W||1|
|Intel Xeon Processor E5-2630 v4 10C 2.2GHz 25MB Cache 2133MHz 85W||1|
|Intel Xeon Processor E5-2650 v4 12C 2.2GHz 30MB Cache 2400MHz 105W||1|
|Intel Xeon Processor E5-2680 v4 14C 2.4GHz 35MB Cache 2400MHz 120W||1|
The Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance supports Lenovo TruDDR4 memory. TruDDR memory is selected, tested and tuned to maximize performance and reliability, and it enables extended memory performance features to support memory speeds that exceed industry standards.
The appliances support up to 8 DIMMs. Each processor has four memory channels, and there is one DIMM per channel.
Note: The HX1310 appliance has 24 DIMM slots, however, it supports only up to 8 DIMMs.
The following memory protection technologies are supported:
The following table lists the memory options that are available for selection.
|64 GB||16GB TruDDR4 Memory (2Rx4, 1.2V) PC4-19200 CL17 2400MHz LP RDIMM||4|
|128 GB||16GB TruDDR4 Memory (2Rx4, 1.2V) PC4-19200 CL17 2400MHz LP RDIMM||8|
|256 GB||32GB TruDDR4 Memory (2Rx4, 1.2V) PC4-19200 CL17 2400MHz LP RDIMM||8|
The following table lists supported memory configurations and maximum operating speeds.
Note: Cells highlighted with a gray background indicate when the number of DIMMs per channel allows the DIMMs to operate faster than Intel specifications define, while still maintaining world-class reliability.
|Maximum memory speed|
|2133 MHz memory controller
(E5-2620 v4, E5-2630 v4)
|2400 MHz memory controller
(E5-2650 v4, E5-2680 v4)
|64 GB||1||2133 MHz||2400 MHz|
|128 GB||2||2133 MHz||2400 MHz|
|256 GB||2||2133 MHz||2400 MHz|
The Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance supports the internal drive bay configurations that are listed in the following table.
|Model||Hot-swap front drive bays (main storage)||Hypervisor boot drive|
|Quantity, form factor, drive types||Storage
|Quantity, form factor,
|HX1310||8x 2.5-inch: 8x SATA SSDs; or
6x NL SATA HDDs + 2x SATA SSDs
|1x N2215||1x Embedded 64 GB SSD
(6 Gbps SATA DOM)
6 Gbps SATA
The following table summarizes features of the N2215 storage controller used in the Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance.
|Form factor||PCIe low profile|
|Controller chip||LSI SAS3008|
|Host interface||PCIe 3.0 x8|
|Port interface||12 Gbps SAS|
|Number of ports||8|
|Port connectors||2x Mini-SAS HD x4 (SFF-8643)|
|Drive interface||SAS, SATA|
|Drive type||HDD, SSD|
|Drive form factor||SFF, LFF|
The following table lists the hard drive options that are available for selection.
|Hard drives without encryption|
|6 TB||1TB 7.2K 6Gbps NL SATA 2.5" G3HS HDD||6|
|12 TB||2TB 7.2K 6Gbps NL SATA 2.5" G3HS 512e HDD||6|
|Self-encrypting hard drives|
|12 TB||2TB 7.2K 12Gbps NL SAS 2.5'' G3HS 512e FIPS 140-2 SED||6|
The following table lists the solid-state drive options that are available for selection.
|Solid-state drives without encryption|
|960 GB||Intel S3610 480GB Enterprise Mainstream SATA G3HS 2.5" SSD||2|
|1600 GB||Intel S3610 800GB Enterprise Mainstream SATA G3HS 2.5" SSD||2|
|2400 GB||Intel S3610 1.2TB Enterprise Mainstream SATA G3HS 2.5" SSD||2|
|3200 GB||Intel S3610 1.6TB Enterprise Mainstream SATA G3HS 2.5" SSD||2|
|3840 GB||Intel S3610 480GB Enterprise Mainstream SATA G3HS 2.5" SSD||8|
|6400 GB||Intel S3610 800GB Enterprise Mainstream SATA G3HS 2.5" SSD||8|
|9600 GB||Intel S3610 1.2TB Enterprise Mainstream SATA G3HS 2.5" SSD||8|
|12800 GB||Intel S3610 1.6TB Enterprise Mainstream SATA G3HS 2.5" SSD||8|
|30720 GB||PM1633a 3.84TB Enterprise Capacity 12Gb SAS G3HS 2.5" SSD||8|
|Self-encrypting solid-state drives|
|800 GB||HGST SSC+ 400GB 12Gb SAS FIPS SED 2.5" Enterprise G3HS SSD||2|
|1600 GB||HGST SSC+ 800GB 12Gb SAS FIPS SED 2.5" Enterprise G3HS SSD||2|
|3200 GB||HGST SSC+ 1.6TB 12Gb SAS FIPS SED 2.5" Enterprise G3HS SSD||2|
|3200 GB||HGST SSC+ 400GB 12Gb SAS FIPS SED 2.5" Enterprise G3HS SSD||8|
|6400 GB||HGST SSC+ 800GB 12Gb SAS FIPS SED 2.5" Enterprise G3HS SSD||8|
|12800 GB||HGST SSC+ 1.6TB 12Gb SAS FIPS SED 2.5" Enterprise G3HS SSD||8|
Note: Self-encrypting drives and drives without encryption (HDDs and SSDs) cannot be intermixed in the same appliance, that is, all drives in the appliance (HDDs and SSDs) should be either self-encrypting or without encryption.
The Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance provides four-port 1 GbE network connectivity. The onboard 1 GbE network interface controller (NIC) that is based on the Broadcom BCM5719 chip provides four 10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet ports with RJ-45 connectors.
Optionally, 10 GbE network connectivity can be configured by selecting one of the following adapters:
- Intel X520 SFP+ adapter that provides two 10 GbE ports with SFP+ connectors.
- Intel X550-T2 10GBASE-T adapter that provides two 10 GbE ports with RJ-45 connectors.
The following table lists the 10 GbE network adapter options that are available for selection.
Note: The Intel X520 and X550-T2 adapters cannot be intermixed in the same appliance, that is, either X520 or X550-T2 adapter can be selected for the appliance, but not both adapter types.
(min / max)
|Intel X520 Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ Adapter (SFP+ connectors)||0 / 1|
|Intel X550-T2 Dual Port 10GBASE-T Adapter (RJ-45 connectors)||0 / 1|
The following table summarizes features of the 10 GbE network adapters used in the Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance.
|Form factor||PCIe low profile||PCIe low profile|
|Controller chip||Intel 82559||Intel X550|
|Host interface||PCIe 2.0 x8||PCIe 3.0 x4|
|Port interface||10 GbE||10 GbE|
|Number of ports||2||2|
|Port speeds||10 Gbps||100 Mbps, 1 Gbps, 10 Gbps|
The SFP+ adapters require SFP+ transceivers or direct-attach copper (DAC) cables that must be ordered separately (two SFP+ transceivers or DAC cables per adapter). The following table lists supported SFP+ transceiver and cable options.
|Description||Part number||Feature code||Quantity
|SFP+ transceivers - 10 GbE|
|Lenovo 10GBASE-SR SFP+ Transceiver||46C3447||5053||2|
|QLogic 10Gb SFP+ SR Optical Transceiver||49Y4218||0064||2|
|Optical cables for 10 GbE SFP+ SR transceivers|
|Lenovo 0.5m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN499||ASR5||2|
|Lenovo 1m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN502||ASR6||2|
|Lenovo 3m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN505||ASR7||2|
|Lenovo 5m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN508||ASR8||2|
|Lenovo 10m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN511||ASR9||2|
|Lenovo 15m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN514||ASRA||2|
|Lenovo 25m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN517||ASRB||2|
|Lenovo 30m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN520||ASRC||2|
|SFP+ passive direct-attach cables - 10 GbE|
|Lenovo 0.5m Passive SFP+ DAC Cable||00D6288||A3RG||2|
|Lenovo 1m Passive SFP+ DAC Cable||90Y9427||A1PH||2|
|Lenovo 1.5m Passive SFP+ DAC Cable||00AY764||A51N||2|
|Lenovo 2m Passive SFP+ DAC Cable||00AY765||A51P||2|
|Lenovo 3m Passive SFP+ DAC Cable||90Y9430||A1PJ||2|
|Lenovo 5m Passive SFP+ DAC Cable||90Y9433||A1PK||2|
|Lenovo 7m Passive SFP+ DAC Cable||00D6151||A3RH||2|
The Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance supports the following hypervisors:
- Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- VMware ESXi 5.5 Update 3
- VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 1
- VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 DataCenter Edition (Hyper-V)
- The HX Series appliances ship with Nutanix AHV (default) or VMware ESXi (optional) preloaded.
- Microsoft Hyper-V is supported as a field-installable option only.
The Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance can be configured with one of the Nutanix Software editions that are listed in the following table. The Starter edition is factory-preloaded and the appropriate license can be downloaded from the Nutanix website to match the serial number of the appliance.
|Nutanix Starter Edition||1|
|Nutanix Pro Edition (default selection)||1|
|Nutanix Ultimate Edition||1|
The Starter edition offers the core set of Nutanix software functionality. This edition is ideal for small-scale deployments with a limited set of workloads.
The Pro edition offers rich data services, along with resilience and management features. This edition is ideal for enterprises running multiple applications on a Nutanix cluster or with large-scale single workload deployments.
The Ultimate edition offers the full suite of Nutanix software capabilities to tackle complex infrastructure challenges. This edition is ideal for multi-site deployments.
It is possible to upgrade a software edition after the installation by purchasing one of the software upgrade options listed in the following table.
|Nutanix Starter to Pro Upgrade||01GU985|
|Nutanix Starter to Ultimate Upgrade||01GU986|
|Nutanix Pro to Ultimate Upgrade||01GU987|
Configuration note: You should request a quote for the selected Nutanix SW Upgrade part number from Lenovo and provide additional details on the existing installation and planned upgrade.
The following table compares features of the Nutanix software editions.
|Feature||Nutanix software edition|
|Cluster size||12 nodes max||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|VM-centric snapshots and clones||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Online cluster grow/shrink||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Acropolis container services||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Inline performance deduplication||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Erasure Coding (EC-X)||No||Yes||Yes|
|Acropolis block services||No||Yes||Yes|
|Acropolis file services||No||No||Yes|
|VM Flash Mode (Pin to SSD)||No||No||Yes|
|Data path redundancy||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Redundancy factor||2 (Fixed)||2 or 3 (Tunable)||2 or 3 (Tunable)|
|Asynchronous replication and disaster recovery (DR)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Time Stream (Converged local backups)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Cloud Connect (Backup to public clouds)||No||Yes||Yes|
|Multiple site DR (many to many)||No||No||Yes|
|Synchronous replication and disaster recovery||No||No||Yes|
|Management and analytics|
|Prism Starter (Single- and multi-cluster management)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Pulse (Automated service agent)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|One-click upgrades (Nutanix OS and Hypervisor)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|VMware vSphere support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Microsoft Hyper-V support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Built-in Acropolis Hypervisor||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Intelligent VM placement||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Virtual network configuration||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|VM high availability||Yes||Yes||Yes|
* Data-at-rest encryption requires self-encrypting drives (SEDs).
The Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance supports the following systems management tools:
- Integrated Management Module
- Light path diagnostics
- Lenovo XClarity
- Nutanix Prism
- Lenovo XClarity Energy Manager
Integrated Management Module
The Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance contains Integrated Management Module II (IMM2.1), which provides advanced service-processor control, monitoring, and alerting functions. If an environmental condition exceeds a threshold or if a system component fails, the IMM2 lights LEDs to help you diagnose the problem, records the error in the event log, and alerts you to the problem. The Integrated Management Module Advanced Upgrade comes standard with the appliances, and it provides a virtual presence for remote management capabilities of the appliances.
The IMM provides remote appliance management through industry-standard interfaces:
- Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) Version 2.0
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Version 3
- Common Information Model (CIM)
- Web browser
The remote presence feature provides the following functions:
- Remotely viewing video with graphics resolutions up to 1600x1200 at 75 Hz with up to 23 bits per pixel colors, regardless of the system state
- Remotely accessing the appliance using the keyboard and mouse from a remote client
- Mapping the CD or DVD drive, diskette drive, and USB flash drive on a remote client, and mapping ISO and diskette image files as virtual drives that are available for use by the appliance
- Uploading a diskette image to the IMM memory and mapping it to the appliance as a virtual drive
Light path diagnostics
The Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance includes basic light path diagnostics, which includes system LEDs on the front of the appliance and LEDs near the monitored components (for example, the DIMM error LED on the system board).
The Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance also includes a next-gen light path diagnostics LCD display panel. With LCD display, customers have quick access to system status, firmware, network, and health information.
Lenovo XClarity is a centralized systems management solution that helps administrators deliver infrastructure faster. This solution integrates easily with Lenovo System x M5 and X6 rack servers, Converged HX Series appliances, and Flex System, providing automated agent-less discovery, monitoring, firmware updates, configuration management, and bare metal deployment of operating systems and hypervisors across multiple systems.
Lenovo XClarity is an optional software component for the Lenovo Converged HX Series appliances which can be used to manage firmware upgrades outside of the Nutanix Prism software.
- Lenovo XClarity Administrator can be downloaded and used at no charge to discover and monitor HX Series appliances and manage firmware upgrades for them.
- Optional Lenovo XClarity Pro subscription license that can be selected in the configurator provides software support for XClarity Administrator and XClarity Integrators for the duration of the selected warranty period. If Lenovo XClarity software support is required, the XClarity Pro option must be selected.
Lenovo XClarity Administrator is available from Lenovo at no charge, and it offers the following features:
- Auto-discovery and monitoring of Converged HX Series appliances
- Firmware updates and compliance enforcement
- External alerts and notifications via SNMP traps, syslog remote logging, and e-mail
- Secure connections to managed endpoints
- NIST 800-131A or FIPS 140-2 compliant cryptographic standards between the management solution and managed endpoints
- Integration into existing higher level management systems such as cloud automation and orchestration tools through REST APIs, providing extensive external visibility and control over hardware resources
- An intuitive, easy-to-use GUI
- Scripting support with Windows PowerShell, providing command-line visibility and control over hardware resources
In addition, Lenovo XClarity Administrator offers two software plug-in modules (Lenovo XClarity Integrators) at no charge:
- Lenovo XClarity Integrator for Microsoft System Center
- Lenovo XClarity Integrator for VMware vCenter
Lenovo XClarity Integrators allow administrators to manage physical infrastructure from leading external virtualization management software tools from Microsoft and VMware.
Lenovo XClarity Integrators offer the following additional features:
- Ability to discover, manage, and monitor Lenovo server hardware from VMware vCenter or Microsoft System Center
- Deployment of firmware updates to Converged HX Series appliances from the virtualization management tool
- Non-disruptive server maintenance in clustered environments that reduces workload downtime by dynamically migrating workloads from affected hosts during rolling server updates or reboots
- Greater service level uptime and assurance in clustered environments during unplanned hardware events by dynamically triggering workload migration from impacted hosts when impending hardware failures are predicted
Nutanix Prism gives administrators a simple and elegant way to manage virtual environments. Powered by advanced data analytics and heuristics, Prism simplifies and streamlines common workflows within a datacenter eliminating the need to have disparate management solutions.
Nutanix Prism is a part of the Nutanix software preloaded on the appliances, and it includes the following components:
- Prism Starter (included in Starter, Pro, and Ultimate Nutanix software editions): Provides ability to configure, manage, and monitor a Nutanix cluster and centralized management of multiple local and remote Nutanix clusters.
- Prism Pro (Selectable software license; optional): Enables efficiency evaluation, capacity planning, expansion recommendations, custom dashboards, and advanced search capabilities.
The Prism Pro software license can be selected during the initial purchase. Also, Prism Starter can be upgraded to Prism Pro after the initial deployment by purchasing one of the software license options listed in the following table.
|Nutanix Prism Pro with 1Yr Support||01GU988||1|
|Nutanix Prism Pro with 2Yr Support||01GU989||1|
|Nutanix Prism Pro with 3Yr Support||01GU990||1|
|Nutanix Prism Pro with 4Yr Support||01GU991||1|
|Nutanix Prism Pro with 5Yr Support||01GU992||1|
Configuration note: You should request a quote for the selected Prism Pro part number from Lenovo and provide additional details on the existing installation.
Nutanix Prism offers the following features:
- Single point of control
- Accelerates enterprise-wide deployment
- Manages capacity centrally
- Adds nodes in minutes
- Supports non-disruptive software upgrades with zero downtime
- Integrates with REST APIs and PowerShell
- Monitoring and alerting
- Tracks infrastructure utilization (storage, processor, memory)
- Centrally monitors multiple clusters across multiple sites
- Monitors per-VM performance and resource usage
- Checks system health
- Generates alerts and notifications
- Integrated data protection
- Offers customizable RPO/RTO and retention policies
- Supports configurable per-VM replication (1:1, 1:many and many:1)
- Provides efficient VM recovery
- Deploys affordable DR and backup to the cloud
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Provides time-based historical views of VM activity
- Performs proactive alert analysis
- Correlates alerts and events to quickly diagnose issues
- Generates actionable alerts and reduces resolution times
- Analyzes trending patterns for accurate capacity planning
Lenovo XClarity Energy Manager
Lenovo XClarity Energy Manager provides a stand-alone, web-based agent-less power management console that provides real time data and enables you to observe, plan and manage power and cooling for Lenovo servers. Using built-in intelligence, it identifies server power consumption trends and ideal power settings and performs cooling analysis so that you can define and optimize power-saving policies.
Lenovo XClarity Energy Manager offers the following capabilities:
- Reports vital server information, such as power, temperature and resource utilization
- Monitors inlet temperature to locate hot spots, reducing the risk of data or device damage
- Provides finely-grained controls to limit platform power in compliance with IT policy
- Generates alerts when a user-defined threshold is reached
Lenovo XClarity Energy Manager is an optional, separately orderable software component for the Lenovo Converged HX Series appliances that is licensed on a per managed node basis; that is, each managed system requires a license.
The following table lists the geo-specific Lenovo XClarity Energy Manager software license options.
(NA, AP, Japan)*
|Lenovo XClarity Energy Manager, 1 Node w/ 1 Yr S&S||01DA225||01DA228|
|Lenovo XClarity Energy Manager, 5 Nodes w/ 1 Yr S&S||01DA226||01DA229|
|Lenovo XClarity Energy Manager, 50 Nodes w/ 1 Yr S&S||01DA227||01DA230|
* NA = North America; AP = Asia Pacific
** EMEA = Europe, Middle East, Africa; LA = Latin America
The Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance has the following dimensions and weight (approximate):
- Height: 43 mm (1.7 in.)
- Width: 434 mm (17.1 in.)
- Depth: 734 mm (28.9 in.)
- Weight (maximum): 19.3 kg (42.5 lb)
The Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance is supported in the following environment:
- Air temperature:
- System on: 5 °C to 40 °C (41 °F to 104 °F); altitude: 0 to 950 m (3,117 ft); decrease the maximum system temperature by 1 °C for every 175-m increase in altitude above 950 m.
- System off: 5 °C to 45 °C (41 °F to 113 °F)
- Shipment: -40 °C to +60 °C (-40 °F to 140 °F) at up to 10,700 m (35,105 ft)
- Maximum altitude: 3,050 m (10,000 ft) at 5 °C to 28 °C (41 °F to 82 °F)
- System on: 8% to 85%, maximum dew point 24 °C, maximum rate of change 5 °C/hr
- System off: 8% to 85%, maximum dew point 27 °C
- Design to ASHRAE Class A3, ambient of 36 °C to 40 °C (96.8 °F to 104 °F), with relaxed support:
- Supports cloud-like workload with no performance degradation acceptable (Turbo-Off).
- Under no circumstance can any combination of worst-case workload and configuration result in system shutdown or design exposure at 40 °C.
- The worst-case workload (like Linpack, Turbo-On) might have performance degradation.
- 100 to 127 (nominal) V AC; 50 Hz or 60 Hz; 8.6 A
- 200 to 240 (nominal) V AC; 50 Hz or 60 Hz; 4.2 A
- Input kilovolt-amperes (kVA) (approximately): 991 kVA
- BTU output (maximum): 3381 Btu/hr (991 watts)
- Noise level:
- 6.6 bels (operating)
- 6.4 bels (idle)
The Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance conforms to the following regulations:
- AS/NZS CISPR 22, Class A (Australia/New Zealand)
- BSMI CNS 13438, Class A; CNS 14336 (Taiwan)
- CCC GB 4943.1, GB 17625.1, GB 9254 Class A (China)
- CE Mark (European Union)
- CISPR 22, Class A
- EAC (Russia)
- EN 55022, Class A
- EN 55024
- EN/IEC 61000-3-2
- EN/IEC 61000-3-3
- EN/IEC/CSA/UL 60950-1
- Energy Star 2.0
- FCC Part 15, Class A (United States)
- GS/TUV (Germany)
- ICES-003/NMB-03, Class A (Canada)
- MSIP (Korea)
- NOM-019 (Mexico)
- Reduction of Hazardous Substances (ROHS)
- TUV S (Argentina)
- VCCI, Class A (Japan)
The Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance can be configured with a three-year or five-year hardware warranty and software support with standard call center support and various levels of coverage with a well-defined scope of services, including service hours, response time, term of service, and service agreement terms and conditions.
The Lenovo local support centers perform problem determination and resolution for hardware-related issues and escalate to Nutanix, on behalf of the customer, for software-related problem determination. Nutanix will contact the customer and will own the software-related problem resolution until closure.
Note: Lenovo warranty service coverage levels are region-specific. Not all warranty service levels are available in every region.
The following table explains warranty service definitions in more detail.
|Onsite Service||If a problem with your product cannot be resolved via telephone, a Service Technician will be dispatched to arrive at your location.|
|Parts Delivered||If a problem with your product cannot be resolved via telephone and a CRU part is required, Lenovo will send a replacement CRU to arrive at your location. If a problem with your product cannot be resolved via telephone and a FRU part is required, a Service Technician will be dispatched to arrive at your location.|
|Technician Installed Parts||If a problem with your product cannot be resolved via telephone, a Service Technician will be dispatched to arrive at your location.|
|Hours of coverage||
|Response time target||2 hours, 4 hours, or Next Business Day: The time period from when the telephone based troubleshooting is completed and logged, to the delivery of the CRU or arrival of a Service Technician and part at the Customer’s location for repair.|
|Committed Repair||6 hours: The time period between the service request registration in Lenovo’s call management system and the restoration of the product to conformance with its specification by a Service Technician.|
In general, the following Lenovo warranty service levels are available for the Converged HX Series appliances:
- Three or five years of 9x5 or 24x7 service coverage
- Parts delivered or technician installed parts from next business day to 4 or 2 hours
- Committed Service Repair
Committed Service Repair (CSR) enhances the level of Warranty Service Upgrade or Post Warranty/Maintenance Service offering associated with the selected systems. Offerings vary and are available in select regions.
- Priority handling to meet defined time frames to restore the failing machine to good working condition
- 24x7x6 committed repair: Service performed 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, within 6 hours
- YourDrive YourData
Lenovo’s YourDrive YourData service is a multi-drive retention offering that ensures your data is always under your control, regardless of the number of drives that are installed in your Lenovo server. In the unlikely event of a drive failure, you retain possession of your drive while Lenovo replaces the failed drive part. Your data stays safely on your premises, in your hands. The YourDrive YourData service can be purchased in convenient bundles with Lenovo warranty upgrades and extensions.
The Lenovo Converged HX1310 appliance includes a three-year or five-year software support and subscription (matches the duration of the selected hardware warranty period) that entitles you to submit service requests to troubleshoot Nutanix software issues and receive code updates, including fixes, patches, and new software releases.
The Lenovo local support centers perform problem determination and resolution for hardware-related issues and escalate to Nutanix, on behalf of the customer, for software-related problem determination. Nutanix will contact the customer and will own the software-related problem resolution until closure.
Software support that is provided by Nutanix includes 24x7 phone and web coverage with the following target response times (priorities are assigned by Nutanix based on the impact on productivity):
- Priority 1 (Emergency: Productivity halted): 2 hours
- Priority 2 (Critical: Significant impact on productivity): 4 hours
- Priority 3 (Normal: Minimal impact on productivity): 8 hours (by next business day)
Ethernet LAN switches
The following table lists the Ethernet LAN switches that are offered by Lenovo that can be used in Lenovo Converged HX Series solutions.
|Description||Part number||Feature code|
|1 Gb Ethernet switches (IPMI management and 1 GbE host connectivity)|
|Lenovo RackSwitch G7028 (Rear to Front)||7159BAX||AT09|
|Lenovo RackSwitch G7052 (Rear to Front)||7159CAX||AT0A|
|Lenovo RackSwitch G8052 (Rear to Front)||7159G52||ASY2|
|10 Gb Ethernet switches (10 GbE host connectivity)|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1032 RackSwitch (Rear to Front)||7159A1X||AU3A|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1032T RackSwitch (Rear to Front)||7159B1X||AU38|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1072T RackSwitch (Rear to Front)||7159C1X||AU36|
|Lenovo RackSwitch G8124E (Rear to Front)||7159BR6||AT0B|
|Lenovo RackSwitch G8272 (Rear to Front)||7159CRW||ASRD|
|Lenovo RackSwitch G8296 (Rear to Front)||7159GR6||ASVM|
|40 Gb Ethernet switches (40 GbE aggregation layer; 10 GbE breakout host connectivity)|
|Lenovo RackSwitch G8332 (Rear to Front)||7159BRX||ASY4|
|100 Gb Ethernet switches (40 GbE/100 GbE aggregation layer; 10 GbE breakout host connectivity)|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem NE10032 RackSwitch (Rear to Front)||7159D1X||AV17|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Top-of-rack Switches category:
The following table lists the rack cabinets that are offered by Lenovo that can be used in Lenovo Converged HX Series solutions.
|Description||Part number||Feature code|
|25U S2 Standard Rack (1000 mm deep; 2 sidewall compartments)||93072RX||1042|
|25U Static S2 Standard Rack (1000 mm deep; 2 sidewall compartments)||93072PX||6690|
|42U S2 Standard Rack (1000 mm deep; 6 sidewall compartments)||93074RX||1043|
|42U 1100mm Enterprise V2 Dynamic Rack (6 sidewall compartments)||93634PX||A1RC|
|42U 1100mm Enterprise V2 Dynamic Expansion Rack (6 sidewall compartments)||93634EX||A1RD|
|42U 1200mm Deep Dynamic Rack (6 sidewall compartments)||93604PX||7649|
|42U 1200mm Deep Static Rack (6 sidewall compartments)||93614PX||7651|
|42U Enterprise Rack (1105 mm deep; 4 sidewall compartments)||93084PX||5621|
|42U Enterprise Expansion Rack (1105 mm deep; 4 sidewall compartments)||93084EX||5622|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Rack Cabinets category:
Power distribution units
The following table lists the power distribution units (PDUs) that are offered by Lenovo that can be used in Lenovo Converged HX Series solutions.
|Description||Part number||Feature code|
|0U Basic PDUs|
|0U 36 C13/6 C19 24A/200-240V 1 Phase PDU with NEMA L6-30P line cord||00YJ776||ATZY|
|0U 36 C13/6 C19 32A/200-240V 1 Phase PDU with IEC60309 332P6 line cord||00YJ777||ATZZ|
|0U 21 C13/12 C19 32A/200-240V/346-415V 3 Phase PDU with IEC60309 532P6 cord||00YJ778||AU00|
|0U 21 C13/12 C19 48A/200-240V 3 Phase PDU with IEC60309 460P9 line cord||00YJ779||ATZX|
|Switched and Monitored PDUs|
|0U 20 C13/4 C19 Switched and Monitored 24A/200-240V/1Ph PDU w/ NEMA L6-30P cord||00YJ781||AU03|
|0U 20 C13/4 C19 Switched / Monitored 32A/200-240V/1Ph PDU w/ IEC60309 332P6 cord||00YJ780||AU01|
|0U 18 C13/6 C19 Sw. / Mon. 32A/200-240/346-415V/3Ph PDU w/ IEC60309 532P6 cord||00YJ782||AU02|
|0U 12 C13/12 C19 Switched / Monitored 48A/200-240V/3Ph PDU w/ IEC60309 460P9 cord||00YJ783||AU04|
|1U 9 C19/3 C13 Switched and Monitored DPI PDU (without line cord)||46M4002||5896|
|1U 9 C19/3 C13 Switched and Monitored 60A 3Ph PDU with IEC 309 3P+Gnd cord||46M4003||5897|
|1U 12 C13 Switched and Monitored DPI PDU (without line cord)||46M4004||5894|
|1U 12 C13 Switched and Monitored 60A 3 Phase PDU with IEC 309 3P+Gnd line cord||46M4005||5895|
|Ultra Density Enterprise PDUs (9x IEC 320 C13 + 3x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|Ultra Density Enterprise C19/C13 PDU Module (without line cord)||71762NX||6050|
|Ultra Density Enterprise C19/C13 PDU 60A/208V/3ph with IEC 309 3P+Gnd line cord||71763NU||6051|
|C13 Enterprise PDUs (12x IEC 320 C13 outlets)|
|DPI C13 Enterprise PDU+ (without line cord)||39M2816||6030|
|DPI Single Phase C13 Enterprise PDU (without line cord)||39Y8941||6010|
|C19 Enterprise PDUs (6x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|DPI Single Phase C19 Enterprise PDU (without line cord)||39Y8948||6060|
|DPI 60A 3 Phase C19 Enterprise PDU with IEC 309 3P+G (208 V) fixed line cord||39Y8923||6061|
|Front-end PDUs (3x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|DPI 30amp/125V Front-end PDU with NEMA L5-30P line cord||39Y8938||6002|
|DPI 30amp/250V Front-end PDU with NEMA L6-30P line cord||39Y8939||6003|
|DPI 32amp/250V Front-end PDU with IEC 309 2P+Gnd line cord||39Y8934||6005|
|DPI 60amp/250V Front-end PDU with IEC 309 2P+Gnd line cord||39Y8940||6004|
|DPI 63amp/250V Front-end PDU with IEC 309 2P+Gnd line cord||39Y8935||6006|
|Universal PDUs (7x IEC 320 C13 outlets)|
|DPI Universal 7 C13 PDU (with 2 m IEC 320-C19 to C20 rack power cord)||00YE443||5950|
|NEMA PDUs (6x NEMA 5-15R outlets)|
|DPI 100-127V PDU with fixed NEMA L5-15P line cord||39Y8905||5900|
|Line cords for PDUs that ship without a line cord|
|DPI 30a Line Cord (NEMA L6-30P)||40K9614||6500|
|DPI 32a Line Cord (IEC 309 P+N+G)||40K9612||6502|
|DPI 32a Line Cord (IEC 309 3P+N+G)||40K9611||6504|
|DPI 60a Cord (IEC 309 2P+G)||40K9615||6501|
|DPI 63a Cord (IEC 309 P+N+G)||40K9613||6503|
|DPI Australian/NZ 3112 Line Cord (32A)||40K9617||6505|
|DPI Korean 8305 Line Cord (30A)||40K9618||6506|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Power Distribution Units category:
Uninterruptible power supply units
The following table lists the uninterruptible power supply (UPS) units that are offered by Lenovo that can be used in Lenovo Converged HX Series solutions.
|Description||Part number||Feature code|
|RT1.5kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC) (8x NEMA 5-15R 12A outlets)||55941AX||A53S|
|RT1.5kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC) (8x IEC 320 C13 10A outlets)||55941KX||A53T|
|RT2.2kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC) (8x NEMA 5-20R 16A outlets)||55942AX||A53U|
|RT2.2kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC) (8x IEC 320 C13 10A, 1x C19 16A outlets)||55942KX||A53V|
|RT3kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC) (6x NEMA 5-20R 16A, 1x L5-30R 24A outlets)||55943AX||A53W|
|RT3kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC) (8x IEC 320 C13 10A, 1x C19 16A outlets)||55943KX||A53X|
|RT5kVA 3U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC) (8x IEC 320 C13 10A, 2x C19 16A outlets)||55945KX||A540|
|RT6kVA 3U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC) (8x IEC 320 C13 10A, 2x C19 16A outlets)||55946KX||A541|
|RT8kVA 6U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC) (4x IEC 320-C19 16A outlets)||55948KX||A543|
|RT11kVA 6U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC) (4x IEC 320-C19 16A outlets)||55949KX||A544|
|RT8kVA 6U 3:1 Phase Rack or Tower UPS (380-415VAC) (4x IEC 320-C19 16A outlets)||55948PX||A546|
|RT11kVA 6U 3:1 Phase Rack or Tower UPS (380-415VAC) (4x IEC 320-C19 16A outlets)||55949PX||A547|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Uninterruptible Power Supply Units category:
Lenovo Financial Services
Lenovo Financial Services reinforces Lenovo’s commitment to deliver pioneering products and services that are recognized for their quality, excellence, and trustworthiness. Lenovo Financial Services offers financing solutions and services that complement your technology solution anywhere in the world.
We are dedicated to delivering a positive finance experience for customers like you who want to maximize your purchase power by obtaining the technology you need today, protect against technology obsolescence, and preserve your capital for other uses.
We work with businesses, non-profit organizations, governments and educational institutions to finance their entire technology solution. We focus on making it easy to do business with us. Our highly experienced team of finance professionals operates in a work culture that emphasizes the importance of providing outstanding customer service. Our systems, processes and flexible policies support our goal of providing customers with a positive experience.
We finance your entire solution. Unlike others, we allow you to bundle everything you need from hardware and software to service contracts, installation costs, training fees, and sales tax. If you decide weeks or months later to add to your solution, we can consolidate everything into a single invoice.
Our Premier Client services provide large accounts with special handling services to ensure these complex transactions are serviced properly. As a premier client, you have a dedicated finance specialist who manages your account through its life, from first invoice through asset return or purchase. This specialist develops an in-depth understanding of your invoice and payment requirements. For you, this dedication provides a high-quality, easy, and positive financing experience.
For your region specific offers please ask your Lenovo sales representative or your technology provider about the use of Lenovo Financial Services. For more information, see the following Lenovo website:
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
Lenovo and the Lenovo logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both. A current list of Lenovo trademarks is available on the Web at https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/legal/copytrade/.
The following terms are trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both:
The following terms are trademarks of other companies:
Intel® and Xeon® are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries.
Hyper-V®, Microsoft®, PowerShell, Windows PowerShell®, Windows Server®, and Windows® are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.