In January, Lenovo announced new RAID, SAS and GPU options for the SR670 and new NVMe-rich configurations for the SR650.
ThinkSystem SR650 - NVMe-rich configurations
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR650 is a mainstream 2U 2-socket server with industry-leading reliability, management, and security features, and is designed to handle a wide range of workloads.
Figure 1. ThinkSystem SR650 with 24 NVMe drives
Previously, the server supported up to 12 NVMe drives, however, this month, we announced new configurations with more NVMe drives:
- 16 NVMe drives + 8 SAS/SATA drives
- 20 NVMe drives
- 24 NVMe drives
Learn more about these configurations:
- Paper, NVMe-Rich Configurations of the ThinkSystem SR650
- 14-minute walkthrough video
- SR650 Product Guide
ThinkSystem SR670 - New Options
The SR670 is a 2-socket GPU-rich server supporting four double-wide high-performance GPUs. In January, Lenovo added support for SAS drive controllers, SAS drives, an additional GPU and support for Omni Path Architecture.
Figure 2. Front view of the Lenovo ThinkSystem SR670
New options we announced this month:
- New support for an additional processor
- Intel Xeon Gold 6148 20C 150W 2.4GHz Processor
- New support for Omni Path Architecture
- Intel OPA 100 Series Single-port PCIe 3.0 x16 HFA, 00WE027
- New support for internal SAS HBAs and RAID controllers
- ThinkSystem SR670 RAID 930-8i 2GB Flash, 4Y37A16227
- ThinkSystem SR670 RAID 530-8i PCIe Adapter, 4Y37A16225
- ThinkSystem SR670 RAID 730-8i 1GB Cache Adapter, 4Y37A16226
- ThinkSystem SR670 430-8i SAS/SATA HBA, 4Y37A16228
- New support for an external SAS HBA
- ThinkSystem 430-8e SAS/SATA 12Gb HBA, 7Y37A01090
- New support for SAS HDDs and SSDs
- ThinkSystem 2.5" 300GB 10K SAS 12Gb Hot Swap 512n HDD, 7XB7A00024
- ThinkSystem 2.5" 600GB 10K SAS 12Gb Hot Swap 512n HDD, 7XB7A00025
- ThinkSystem 2.5" 1.2TB 10K SAS 12Gb Hot Swap 512n HDD, 7XB7A00027
- ThinkSystem 2.5" HUSMM32 400GB Performance SAS 12Gb Hot Swap SSD, 7N47A00124
- ThinkSystem 2.5" PM1645 800GB Mainstream SAS 12Gb Hot Swap SSD, 4XB7A13653
- ThinkSystem 2.5" PM1645 1.6TB Mainstream SAS 12Gb Hot Swap SSD, 4XB7A13654
- New support for GPUs
- ThinkSystem SR670 AMD Radeon Instinct MI25 16Gb PCIe Passive GPU, 4C57A16224
Read about the new options in the SR670 product guide:
ThinkSystem KVM Switch product guides
Although not new to Lenovo (they were announced July 2018), the ThinkSystem KVM console switches now have product guides to describe the products.
- ThinkSystem Digital 2x1x16 KVM Switch Product Guide
- ThinkSystem Analog 1x8 KVM Switch Product Guide
Figure 3. Lenovo ThinkSystem Digital 2x1x16 KVM Switch (front and rear)
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
Lenovo and the Lenovo logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both. A current list of Lenovo trademarks is available on the Web at https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/legal/copytrade/.
The following terms are trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both:
The following terms are trademarks of other companies:
Intel® and Xeon® are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.